• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Safe and secure ways to potentiate LSD (or other psychedelics)?

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I've always been part of the camp where potentiating psychedelics was never really an idea because I always took enough where that was the furthest thing from my mind. I always dose more than I think I need, and it's never been a problem.

I randomly became curious on ideas to stretch my LSD stash further.

I'm not talking about obvious things like cannabis or other common drugs.

Syrian Rue
Harmaline
DXM
Maybe nitrous? (never tried it in combo with psychedelics)

Stuff like that, which is easily obtainable and/or legal.

Anyone have experience potentiating things like LSD? Specifically LSD not tryptamines, in my case.

Last edited:
Nitrous for sure.

Generally weed is enough to potentiate lsd or mushrooms. I couldn't handle it now, but of course MDMA added will put you in a whole new world.

Then some coke if you like getting tweaked (never enjoyed it mixed). And some opiates to come down with.

Nitrous for sure.

Generally weed is enough to potentiate lsd or mushrooms. I couldn't handle it now, but of course MDMA added will put you in a whole new world.

Then some coke if you like getting tweaked (never enjoyed it mixed). And some opiates to come down with.

For sure, and I agree with all that and have tried it.

I'm trying to focus on other things like maybe plants or ... idk... just other stuff that will add to the high that are psychedelic in their own right, I'm being kinda vague

honestly I was thinking about ~200-400ug of LSD plus maybe 200mg of DXM?

IDK, I'm comfortable with both of those separately but not together.

IDK just want to spice up my trips a bit. Kinda getting bored with LSD alone (I always combine it with cannabis and alcohol).

Last edited:
DXM does a good job of potentiation of other substances, but you need to start at a threshold dose of DXM and low dose of whichever other compound you might mix it with. The potentiation is wildly variable depending on the other substances, especially if cannabis is involved. A lot of things combine with it beautifully, but a lot of other things, 4-ho-dipt and Russian sage for example, result in worrying physical effects.

TLDR: low doses of DXM are a good potentiator, but start at threshold doses of both DXM and whatever else you might combine it with because the potentiation is unpredictable and certain combinations simply feel toxic.

Oh. This probably goes without saying, but do not use DXM and an MAOI within weeks of each other!

Chewing fresh calamus root does a good job as a potentiator, but the emphasis is on fresh. Dried root, even freshly dried, is next to useless.

Last edited:
DXM does a good job of potentiation of other substances, but you need to start at a threshold dose of DXM and low dose of whichever other compound you might mix it with. The potentiation is wildly variable depending on the other substances, especially if cannabis is involved. A lot of things combine with it beautifully, but a lot of other things, 4-ho-dipt and Russian sage for example, result in worrying physical effects.

TLDR: low doses of DXM are a good potentiator, but start at threshold doses of both DXM and whatever else you might combine it with because the potentiation is unpredictable and certain combinations simply feel toxic.

Oh. This probably goes without saying, but do not use DXM and an MAOI within weeks of each other!

Yeah, I occasionally enjoy DXM on it's own (with cannabis and alcohol, again). It's one of the few dissos I actually enjoy.

It's also weird AF and I've done it maybe 4 times in the last 10 years. Not something I seek out, but also not something I discount and call shit. It is kinda shit, but it can be enjoyable.

I would always dose ~40-90mg with opioids and loved it like that.

anyone have experience with syrian rue/harmaline plants in combination with non-tryptamine psychedelics like LSD?

I heard they were psychoactive on their own? Maybe I'm misremembering?

My dark horse is aniracetam, not just with LSD but also with dmt, psilocybin, and even K... on its own it promotes visualization and dreaming and it brings its own complimentary visual flavor to psychedelic trips. It kind of builds on the general visual aesthetic of whichever drug but sharpens up the complexity and detail. It also has anxiolytic properties unlike a lot of the other racetams. Piracetam, noopept, etc. work too but feel kind of rush-y and I can't recall anything interesting other than general potentiation.
Very interesting, thanks. I've delved into nootropics but never tried any racetams. Sounds very cool to me.

My #1 favorite thing with LSD is when I close my eyes and get intricate morphing CEV's. I'm not talking about shapes, colors or fractals. I'm talking about intricate paintings, works of art. White knights talking backwards and people eating their own faces.... That's my favorite part of LSD. I could give a fuck about OEVs at this point after doing acid probably 100 times now. I get the CEVs I want after about 300-400ug of good clean shit.

I'm going to look into this. Thanks!

Talking about all these CEVs makes me want to go get some DMT again. fuck me

The ultimate addition to LSD is DMT xD

even I am so brave sometimes.... that shit is another level... I'm going to save that for another time when I feel the need. I've done way more DMT than the average person and that shit still scares me just thinking about it.

Walking around on acid puffing DMT lightly from a pen is the best.

I can't say I feel the same. I dabbled on light DMT during a bunch of trips and never enjoyed it. I never enjoyed low dose DMT even without other drugs. I always found low dose DMT to be dysphoric, and just .... fucking weird man.

I always hated low dose DMT regardless of any other drug I was on.

You're not tripping, but you are. No real visuals. Your body looks weird as fuck and stumpy/fat. It's just... weird... hard to put it into words.

I found maximum gain from DMT at 40-70mg smoked. 55mg being my personal breakthrough point.

I can't imagine casually puffing on a DMT vape pen.

I've never been a fan of the "go big or go home" mantra, but with DMT... yeah go big or go home otherwise it's just weird and dysphoric

that's just me, though. everybody different ;)

I never liked low doses of DMT on its own, dysphoric is a good way to describe it, but low doses on LSD or psilocybin tweak the OEVs in a way I enjoy. Though you have to be confident with your dosing, it's hard to shake the fear of being on the threshold of having the veil ripped completely apart.

I kind of downplayed piracetam and noopept but they'll potentiate the living hell out of LSD, it's just almost too much for me. Aniracetam is smoother and less extreme but with more of its own character and seems like the only racetam that can also play with dissos. I'd say get both some piracetam and aniractam and see what's up.

I'm certainly going to check out racetams and LSD. Intrigues me. Thanks for the tip!

And yeah, never took much DMT to add to LSD. I think I'm still recovering mentally from the time I did 6 hits of invader zim LSD + 30mg DMT. Strongest trip I've ever experienced. I think I wrote an experience report, forget.

Anyways, thanks brother :)

anyone have experience with syrian rue/harmaline plants in combination with non-tryptamine psychedelics like LSD?

I heard they were psychoactive on their own? Maybe I'm misremembering?
There is a definite synergy or potentiating effect between LSD and Syrian rue but it's not because of MAO inhibition as is th case with tryptamines which are metabolized by maoi...LSD is metabolized by microsomal liver enzymes. However, because Syrian rue has psychedelic effects on it'sown it does have a synergistic effect with LSD at least the single time I tried the combo.

I am in the camp who enjoys dxm on its own.

I haven’t combined dxm with LSD, as I wasn’t really one for combos back then, when I had L available. However, more recently I have comboed it with ald52 and 1cP LSD (so close enough for our discussion today lol)

The potentiation provided by dxm when used in combination with LSD (/ it’s prodrugs) is quite intense. I recall one instance when I had intended to only dose dxm. For whatever reason I was quite nauseous and got sick after my second dose (I prefer splitting my dxm doses). So I figured based on my last 1cP trip and having been ill 300ug should provide the strong trip I was looking for. And oh boy was I right ... Not only were the visuals out of this world but i was able to alter them, it was truly surreal. I then thought I was a God, controlling the in coming snow storm.....

But alas, as others have mentioned combos involving dxm need to be approached with caution as dxm is an snri. Tripsits chart is a good start for a quick reference

I never liked low doses of DMT on its own, dysphoric is a good way to describe it, but low doses on LSD or psilocybin tweak the OEVs in a way I enjoy. Though you have to be confident with your dosing, it's hard to shake the fear of being on the threshold of having the veil ripped completely apart.

I kind of downplayed piracetam and noopept but they'll potentiate the living hell out of LSD, it's just almost too much for me. Aniracetam is smoother and less extreme but with more of its own character and seems like the only racetam that can also play with dissos. I'd say get both some piracetam and aniracetam and see what's up.
I haven't tried it with LSD, but smoking small amounts of Caapi leaves or root (which tastes bad and isn't easy to smoke) can greatly increase the level of visuals, open and closed eye, during a psilocybin or HBWR trip. I read it in a Terrrence McKenna book in high school, and to my surprise, it works great. I know I stress this a lot, but be careful anytime you are working with containing significant amounts of MAOI compounds.

McKenna called it "veggie vision" or something similar.

Piracetam, once taken for a few weeks/months seemed to potentiate it quite a bit. Taking it with noopept seemed to create some..more... persistsntt peception alterations lol

Nitrous 100 percent through and through. theres a reason LSD and nitrous is the hippies favorite combo ;)

Ive had time literally bend and go in different directions simultaneously off of a fat baloon to the face on 200ug of LSD. Multiple times actually.

Ive also (tell me if anyone has experienced this) heard legit peoeple laughing and cheering when i was womping out haha. like WOOO!!! lol.

Also, MDA is tops for enhancing visuals and feels

Paracetam and noopept. I dont know about safe and secure tho

When taking nootropics regularly i found myself much more sensitive to lsd.

lsd + nitrous, + Cannabis, + DMT, are all sure to kick you out of this world faaar lol