• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Safe amount of Ibuprofen?

Jax42

Greenlighter
Hey all, so going to get some codeine and ibuprofen pills 200mg ibu 12.8mg codeine. I know the max daily dose of ibuprofen is 3200mg so I will be taking 16 pills which equates to that plus 200mg codeine.

Will this be safe and/or will I get any negative effects from that much ibuprofen in one sitting? Have heard it can be harder to cwe ibuprofen and I don't really have time/means to atm

thanks in advance guys xoxo

I would just see how you get on with the 80mg to start off. 800mg ibuprofen isn’t awfully hard on the stomach but to be sure I’d encourage you to take them an hour and half after a meal.

Just be wary, whilst it’s true that the SNRI element can have an effect on how people enjoy tramadol it can also be the fact that it’s how their metabolism process it.

There are also people who are ultra rapid metabolisers who actually should stay away from codeine as it metabolises into morphine very quickly and can pose an OD risk.
I have a similar question, if you don't mind. I've been taking 6 Nurofen plus tablets in one go. Am I crazy? That's 1,200 mg ibuprofen in one go - so, a daily recommended dosage in one hit. And sadly it seems I need a fairly empty stomach to get any hit from it. I've tried cold filtration but it never feels remotely the same as the full pills. In short, is 1,200 mg ibuprofen in one dose crazy?? I know older people with rheumatoid arthritis could have 3,200 mg in a day, but I'd like to have functioning kidneys for another 50 years...

I have a similar question, if you don't mind. I've been taking 6 Nurofen plus tablets in one go. Am I crazy? That's 1,200 mg ibuprofen in one go - so, a daily recommended dosage in one hit. And sadly it seems I need a fairly empty stomach to get any hit from it. I've tried cold filtration but it never feels remotely the same as the full pills. In short, is 1,200 mg ibuprofen in one dose crazy?? I know older people with rheumatoid arthritis could have 3,200 mg in a day, but I'd like to have functioning kidneys for another 50 years...
I used to take 6 Nurofen Plus tablets (and 4 Panadeine) at least 2-3 times a day every day for years. It is not wise to do this. However I somehow managed to escape my pill addiction without ever getting a stomach or oesophageal ulcer, and my kidneys are totally fine.
1,200mg ibuprofen in one dose is not crazy. I would strongly advise you to at least eat a snack before doing so, to protect your stomach lining. And don't make a daily habit of it.

I used to take 6 Nurofen Plus tablets (and 4 Panadeine) at least 2-3 times a day every day for years. It is not wise to do this. However I somehow managed to escape my pill addiction without ever getting a stomach or oesophageal ulcer, and my kidneys are totally fine.
1,200mg ibuprofen in one dose is not crazy. I would strongly advise you to at least eat a snack before doing so, to protect your stomach lining. And don't make a daily habit of it.
Thanks for the advice. I'd very rarely do more than my one dose of 6 tablets, but warning noted. My tummy seems fine, and I got a physical recently, paying attention to kidneys & liver function. I will admit the draw to doing it daily is there. I think I need to set stricter rules, such as focusing on a nice pre-beer buzz at the weekends, and reducing the weekday usage. Thanks again.

Thanks for the advice. I'd very rarely do more than my one dose of 6 tablets, but warning noted. My tummy seems fine, and I got a physical recently, paying attention to kidneys & liver function. I will admit the draw to doing it daily is there. I think I need to set stricter rules, such as focusing on a nice pre-beer buzz at the weekends, and reducing the weekday usage. Thanks again.
You're welcome 😊 Oh and I forgot to mention, the cold water extraction method doesn't seem to work well with Nurofen Plus. It works better with tablets containing paracetamol e.g. Panadeine

Last edited:
Ohhhhh. But I thought the point of the CWE was that the ibuprofen (plus tablet bulking ingredients) were not soluble, so the codeine could be isolated in the solution above it. The CWE methods I've found state you can do it with both Nurofen and Solpadine. That's a heck of a lot of Solpadine I'd need to buy, as it only has 8mg codeine, vs 12.5mg codeine in Nurofen.

I am actually querying the point of CWE w/ neurofen plus in another thread. It really doesn't seem to work very well, while doing it with paracetamol products does work.... I'm confused as to why this is. Have they done something to bind them further? From experience it was a waste of money when I thought it would be a fairly simple way of excluding a lot of the unwanted ibuprofen. (with the knowledge that some codeine would be lost of course).

It is not a question anyone can answer soundly. My friend took an insane amount of acetaminophen for example from not doing a cold water extraction with any of the percocets. I was pretty surprised and he did have a point, "the recommended standard for things is always so arbitrary and it varies per person too much to quantify an exact number of milligrams that is safe for all."

Still, you don't want to be ingesting all of that stuff on a regular basis. Once in a blue moon I don't recommend it but its definitely possible to take a large amount of said topic, but extended usage? It will definitely eat down your liver fast.

Ohhhhh. But I thought the point of the CWE was that the ibuprofen (plus tablet bulking ingredients) were not soluble, so the codeine could be isolated in the solution above it. The CWE methods I've found state you can do it with both Nurofen and Solpadine. That's a heck of a lot of Solpadine I'd need to buy, as it only has 8mg codeine, vs 12.5mg codeine in Nurofen.

I looked it up, and ibuprofen is very poorly soluble in water, only about 1mg per mL of water. So a CWE should work. I hadn't hard of doing it with ibuprofen containing pills before, or acetaminophen/paracetamol.