• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Sabaxone taper questions and support

Canda29

Greenlighter
A little background... I've been a pill addict for about 10 years total. I was not a heavy user and was always able to put them down with minimal discomfort my last 2 pregnancies. In the past 3 years I started getting worse with them and was introduced to sabaxone. I guess I have a quick metabolism because I could switch between percs and sabs and never had an issue with precipitated wds. I used to be able to feel "normal" whatever that is anymore on just 1mg sab every 12 hours but with the stress of college, raising 3 kids, and working I started taking more and more til I was up to 12mgs a day. I get mad at myself everyday for letting it get away from me.
So I recently found out baby #4 is on the way and I'm really tired of this controlling my life. I was able to ween down to about 3mgs a day zubsolv a day which I'm not sure how that equates to the films since bioavailability is different. Anyway, I ran out and was unable to find any for 4 days. The first day wasn't too bad except I couldn't eat a damn thing but the 2nd 3rd and 4th days were brutal especially the 4th day. So I ended up finding some 8mg films and took 1mg then 1more mg 2 hours later until the restless legs finally went away.
I'm done school and ready to take my life back but I can't take time off to fight thru wds. I've read Roberts taper guide and I'm looking for anyone to be able to help me figure out how I can taper with minimal symptoms. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I would suggest that you take off 10% of your suboxone dose every two weeks. But that'll put you past delivery date. If you're only on 2mg, maybe you can just quarter your dose every two weeks. You might be uncomfortable during the day, but if you dose before bed you should be able to sleep. I dont know if you can get away with with what you consider "minimal" symptoms if you want to do it on the quick side for your baby. You can definitely be functional though.

First I gotta say, it's suboxone, not subaxone. Sorry that just annoys me for whatever reason ha.

Anyway. For me, I started off at 16 MG a day back in March, and I was taking that faithfully everyday til about a week ago when I just decided to cut back to 2 MG a day. I haven't had any issues what so ever. I mean of course I feel very very faint withdrawals at times but it's barely noticeable. If I were you I would just cut back to whatever holds you. The smallest amount and take that amount daily for a week. Then after that week cut it in half. And so on until you're down to .5mg a day. And then start skipping days. Once you get down to .175 I would just jump. If yu do it right the WD should be very minimal. Good luck, and good job doing this for your baby!