Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SA/ACT and potentially other Enlighten branches

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
Enlighten is expanding from being a Melbourne centric organisation into other capital cities such as Adelaide and Canberra. There are two very good reasons for choosing these locations:

1. Adelaide: Enlighten has already done the hard work here and pill testing in this state is no longer a radical idea. Events have been attended over the last three years, and we are looking to establish a local branch. Ravesafe SA will no longer be operating and we have some interested volunteers potentially defecting from there. Enlighten VIC will be attending an event early July and we would like to present this as an opportunity to those interested in volunteering to meet us at the event and see what Enlighten is all about.
2. Canberra: Enlighten will establish a Canberra branch in association with Code Blue harm reduction services ACT/NSW. Code Blue will run Enlighten ACT to bolster their adulterant testing agenda and resources. With the extra resources Enlighten ACT (primarily manned by Code Blue CBR) will be able to provide reagent testing at at a national standard with the full support of Enlighten VIC. Code Blue harm reduction services CBR will receive support from Enlighten VIC that will aid in their push that will be strengthened by a SA branch.

The ACT is very different from VIC in terms of the legal and cultural situation. Added support from Enlighten VIC and SA branches will assist with this aspect in terms of provision of adulterant testing at events, however the aim is not particularly relevant to the cultural scene associated with dance events in the ACT. The majority of 'large' events now operate within established nightclub venues, and while provision of reagent testing in nightclubs would be fantastic, awareness campaigns promoting the use of adulterant testing in addition to other harm reduction techniques will be the primary focus of Enlighten ACT initially.

With Code Blue harm reduction ACT/NSW expanding into Sydney, Enlighten will play an integral part in the implementation and development of Code Blue harm reduction ACT/NSW adulterant testing agenda to go hand in hand with its harm reduction initiatives.

Enlighten VIC has been operating for five years now, and we have established protocol, infrastructure and resources which will be provided to SA and ACT. The task of establishing new branches will be made quite painless as they won't be operating as single entities and will be heavily assisted by Enlighten VIC, which will act as a the head of the organisation. We will provide support and training to these new branches but need volunteers in both states willing to participate in contacting local promoters, carrying out and recording the tests etc.

Enlighten is poised to become a world leader in the field with a few tricks up our sleeve, and pillreports is being redeveloped and that will integrate with our overall strategy. We would also appreciate expressions of interest from other states, specifically WA as we will be looking to expand there next based on SA and ACT's success.

If you are interested email us at web[at]enlighten-hr[dot]org and feel free to post any further questions etc within the thread.

Last edited:
I'm eagerly awaiting an update on this. Mick, can you keep me posted on updates.
Good work CM. Look forward to joining the team.

DJC*

It's definately good what you guys are doing but I can't help but still think that if you actually do any homework yourself such organisations as Enlighten don't need to be so large. I guess the masses need to be educated though. :)

Good work.

Originally posted by notneo
It's definately good what you guys are doing but I can't help but still think that if you actually do any homework yourself such organisations as Enlighten don't need to be so large. I guess the masses need to be educated though. :)

Good work.
Enlighten is pushing for an Australian pill testing program with analytical laboratory results available to the public, combined with on site reagent testing. There is no way one state can carry out testing on behalf of all the others, and if a pill testing trial was to be established an Enlighten would be required in each of those states.

I am interested to hear why you think we haven't done our homework, and why VIC should represent the whole of Australia. We need pressure coming from all angles, which will occur if Enlighten moves to become an Australia wide organisation.

I think notneo meant that if the end users did their own homework (ie: tested their own pills) then Enlighten wouldn't need to be so large. At least that's how I read it.

I don't think that's true though, because we don't live in a perfect world (pretty far from it actually).

Oh, and I forgot the obligatory "yay for enlighten!" ;)

(but seriously..... "yay for enlighten!")

Arrrghh can we have a YAY for Code Blue as well...???

We've been solely running for almost 3 years now educating those brain dead Canberran locals, hehe. =D

We may not have the profile of Enlighten, but we all still do a good job. :)

DJC*

HOORAY! For code blue!!!! :D :) %) ;)

EDIT : Whats the website?? Was just searching and got all this other code blue bullshit....

Last edited:
heh. it's a fairly confusing sentence that notneo wrote:

It's definately good what you guys are doing but I can't help but still think that if you actually do any homework yourself such organisations as Enlighten don't need to be so large.

I also read it how Mac did, but I guess we are just sensitive. Large? We're going from 7 people to 20, if we are lucky :) But yeah, I'm sure that's what he meant; in an ideal world we wouldn't have to spend our time explaining the bleeding obvious. ce la vis.

We appreciate the yay's, but translating that into volunteers and effort is a little more difficult ;) Doing this kind of work can be very rewarding so I urge everyone out there to take up the call, you won't be on your own and Enlighten VIC will structure and support the progress!

DJC* said:
Arrrghh can we have a YAY for Code Blue as well...???
We've been solely running for almost 3 years now educating those brain dead Canberran locals, hehe. =D
We may not have the profile of Enlighten, but we all still do a good job. :)
DJC*

cheers DJC* hopefully this affiliation will help us all to work together in the same direction, and not against each other like alot of service providers in this field do :)

don't yay any group in particular, yay the cause. we're all after the same thing.

So far it's been a pretty disappointing response guys, only two people have contact us with one of those as an expression of interested from WA. This kind of change doesn't just happen, you have to make it happen. Don't sit on the sideline we need people to make this a reality! If Enlighten wasn't advancing the pill testing cause then there would be no chance of the general public obtaining accurate analysis of your pills.