• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Nostalgia S&G Video Game Nostalgia Thread

This game was the fuckin best. Can't wait for the new one!

My wife is excited. She wants to buy a Switch just so she can play that and the new Zelda game. I feel like that's a waste of 300 dollars, but she's pretty adamant about it. She plays AC on her 3DS almost daily and has for years now, so... I guess she'd get her money's worth lol

It's a super addictive game. The switch could replace her 3ds, as it is portable...maybe sell it to cut back on the cost. There's a ton of great games on switch. If she likes Animal Crossing she should try Stardew Valley. I fuckin love that game, and it's very similar to AC.

Kwq9pOC.gif

BuUDmAp.gif

Ddattm4.gif

bcnIiHw.jpg

View attachment 14580

Burger time. some insane old school fun. I think I made it to level 5. Which isnt that far. But hard as fuck

That's the arcade version (running on M.A.M.E.), right?

The arcade versions of most of the games of this era were wicked hard. The formula at Midway was to have all but the most skilled player have to drop another quarter in under 3-5 minutes. I still enjoy the arcade games a LOT!

Do you have a Arcade Joystick peripheral ? They really make the games play like an actual machine, I made mine back around 1998 or so and its still running strong, so it was a good investment in effort. They're pretty widely available now and reasonable in price.

"Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, Eric Bischoff, and Hollywood Hulk Hogan in WCW/nWo Revenge
nmMYhPg.jpg

Super Smash Bros...hours, days, weeks at a time
b98TK0k.jpg

Mario Kart 64 (best level)
ToQgmaf.jpg

GoldenEye 007...you're fucked scientist
Zag1x2T.jpg
golden eye every day after school 4- 3 players one of the best players is the little guy (midget) no offence to the little ppl, he's hard to shoot cuz he's short, fun game

Battle Arena Toshinden 3

Hell yeah. On a "hacked" Playstation, to run the Japanese-only game.

Still some of the best one-liners in video game history.

Ahhh, the 8086. The last time I ever played games with my dad.

Came free with my subscription to Nintendo POWER! magazine!
That one, Final Fantasy, and Zelda 2 were the first non-Mario/Duck Hunt games I had for my NES when I was 10 or so.

Obligatory old guy/hipster system... still have it, still works... PRESS PLAY ON TAPE

Mannnnn... I was digging through my old stuff getting ready to move, found all my old computer games; the whole Command and Conquer series, Battle for Middle Earth (both with the expansion), the first Age of Empires game, a 14 day trial I never used for Star Wars Galaxies lol. And even an old Oregon Trail disc from the 90s. Not sure I can even use that now lol, I still have a disc drive on both my desktops, but Windows 7 and newer OS always needs weird patches to play these older games.

One day i'll buy all the games i miss from my childhood. Both zeldas on N64 and starfox adventures on GC that I was unable to finish because of lack of time.....No more stoned mario kart parties at my place though, fuck off.