• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Rx for Marinol, should I fill it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr3am3rmonster

Greenlighter
My dr gave me an rx for Marinol. He thinks it will help my Fibromyalgia, narcolepsy and anxiety regarding a new diagnosis of Lymes disease. I have never done any drugs before that were not prescribed to me, and I am wondering if anyone out there has any advice regarding this, or fibro, or even how my job will react if I am drug tested? I live in the Sunshine State, in the US. I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong place. Thank you, in advance for your answers.

I am Canadian, so i don't know the laws regarding drug testing and jobs. I don't think it's that common here.....But here you can not be fired if you are using medicinal cannabis or it's derivatives legally. (Unless you are like a pilot or re in control of the countries weapons stockpile.) It's a human rights thing I think.

I'm in the sunshine state as well, and I'd fill that thing immediately if I were in your shoes. I've found that Marinol (dronabinol is the generic name, and if you've got insurance issues, it's the one you want) changes lives for the better. In order to help your particular situation, I'd get online and buy a nice big stash of CBD in order to supplement the marinol. It'll augment any anti-anxiolytic properties that your Dr. intends to assist. Fill that script! Get a copy of it. Get two copies or three. Carry the copy of the script with you wherever you go (the marinol stays in the fridge). If you ever have any issues at work, show them the script. Supplement with CBD and you're going to get better. Let us know your progress.

Fill it. It's the only way you can legally have THC in your system for a drug test. It may also help you.

My dr gave me an rx for Marinol. He thinks it will help my Fibromyalgia, narcolepsy and anxiety regarding a new diagnosis of Lymes disease. I have never done any drugs before that were not prescribed to me, and I am wondering if anyone out there has any advice regarding this, or fibro, or even how my job will react if I am drug tested? I live in the Sunshine State, in the US. I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong place. Thank you, in advance for your answers.
As a fellow Floridian, if you are prescribed marinol, take it. When prescribed for Lyme or Fibromyalgia it is given to reduce the neuropathy/nausea/underweight that come with Lyme. You will test positive for Marijuana on a blood test. It is up to your employer; if you have a valid reason to take Marinol, then you should be ok provided the THC level is in line with Marinol comsumption. You will have to test the time and easy you take Marinol. Marinol is designed to be released in the small intestine hence reason why it's a liquid and inside a gelatin cover. The human stomach empties anywhere between 30-45 min after eating... so you must take at least 30 before food. If you take Marinol and do not eat, it can make you high.

I remember getting Marinol back as a kid, I’d pop open a few of the gels in my mouth and it gave a nice light buzz. Definitely lacking compared to cannabis but overall worth it.

-GC

Status
Not open for further replies.