Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Rush but not stoned - Heroin

mepat1111

Bluelighter
I'm asking in the regional discussion as I get a feeling this issue is probably due to a specific type of heroin going around, rather than someone's reaction to the drug.

What could cause someone to get a really great rush for say, 5 to 10 mins, from their usual dose of IV smack, but then get very little stoned effect at all? I don't think it's individual reaction due to getting different effects when different smack was obtained from another source. It just seems as though I don't get properly stoned from it, I get some very light, barely noticable stone-like effects, but you've really gotta sit down and concentrate. When the smack was obtained from another source the rush seemed to be just as strong, but the stone was more pronounced.

Is it just crappy gear? Or could there be some strange bodily malfunction that is causing this, or is it just in my head? I should probably mention I'm on methadone, and while I'm reasonably expereienced with opiates in general, I'm quite inexperienced ith IV smack.

Why are you on Methadone and still using? This probably has something to do it also.

In answer to your question my first thought is bad quality product.

Because I feel like using from time to time, but I don't wanna use all the time. I hadn't had my dose in about 20 hours or so when I had the smack.

That's my feeling too, although another guy I use with seems to like the stuff, but I wonder if it's more just out of allegience to the guy he gets it from.

im leaning towards it being specifically a problem with that gear, altho i cannot be any more specific then that.

are u in melb/bris/syd/where?

the half life of methadone is quite long thats why its a maintenance replacement therapy, the reason that you don't necessarily get the stoned feeling is that methadone has a higher afininity to the opioid receptors,

the shot gives you a rush then settles into a normal state as youre blood mg/kg is high already, what methadone dose are you on?

I'm on 35mg of methadone, and I get high from gear, I've had gear plenty of times while of MMT.

I'm from Canberra.

I think it's the product too, the only thing that makes me hesitate with that idea is the fact that a mate of mine who I use with had the same stuff with me (twice) and he seemed to get stoned fine. When I brought it up with him he said he didn't feel the same at all.

wow same home town,

heroin (diacetylmorphine) in basic terms is two molecules of morphine sorta attached to each other, when the rush happens it would be the heroin before it breaks up into morphine.

being that you're blood already has a higher than "0" concentration of a longer lasting opioid i'd be guessing that you will feel the rush, but the dosage mg/kg of the shot is not over you're mmt amount.

ring directions or visit the civic health NSP for more info :)

mepat1111 said:
I should probably mention I'm on methadone, and while I'm reasonably expereienced with opiates in general, I'm quite inexperienced with IV smack.

Recipe for disaster.

Must have been crap gear though.

i would be guessing that there is a reason that you are on mmt other than pain management? whats the reason i think there is a bigger picture info missing here!

gabalover, it could be good gear, the difference is the effect of built up opiates in the body due to the mmt

coming off mmt can be pretty bad tho, worse than herion in most cases that ive seen, if youre going to come off the mmt, i'd suggest that you do a step off with bupe at woden detox or at MTAR in syd.

need more info msg me privatley

Of course there's reasons 'other than pain management' that I'm on MMT :S I don't know of anyone on MMT for pain management, I'm sure it happens, but it's pretty rare I'd bet.

Yeah it could be the gear, but as I said earlier the other guy using with me (who's also on MMT I might add, at almost the same dose as me) seemed to be quite happy with it which just confuses the whole issue for me.

I can most definitely get high off a Q of smack, I can nod off that amount if I get good gear, but the wierd thing is this stuff gives just as strong a rush as what I'd usually get from a dose good enough to nod.

I know about coming off MMT, when I do it I'll take it slow, 1 or 2mgs a week so I barely feel it. Switching to bupe isn't really an option for me, I was on bupe in the past but I got so sick from it that in the end I had to switch to methadone.