• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Running Out Early On Med

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZSevs

Greenlighter
I actually came onto this site specifically to figure out what to do when I run out of lorazepam early. I run out NOT because I'm abusing it, or necessarily bc of some addiction, but because that's the amount I need to manage my anxiety. I told my last psych that and she upped me from 2 to 3 mg per day, which still isn't enough to manage my anxiety. I've gone years and years with anxiety and no meds- finally it got bad enough where I said no more, I'm getting medication help. I just wish docs understood when I tell them it's 4 to 5 mg per day is just what I need for the anxiety... I'm able to function well and think clearly.
So now I deal with running out a week or more early and the only thing I can ever think of is going to the ER, which is extreme but I don't know what the heck else to do, ya know? I don't mind if a med is habit forming- as long as it helps me with my anxiety, I can function well, and I'm not abusing it, I'm alright with it. So I'm seeking help for this sitch. Thank you.

Btw- I see a new psych on the 20th but once again I'm going to run out early.

Status
Not open for further replies.