• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Running Nerds Unite

Depending on your fitness goals running is great for cardiovascular health and building endurance but, if ur trying to gain muscle it's not a good idea to go more than 10-15 min I've had several knee surgeries from a college football injury so I stick mostly to the elliptical or bike but once a week I do a 2.5 mile run takes me about 22 min if I push it I'm a big guy so I guess that's not bad lol on the cigarette subject I know from bodybuilding that smoking depletes your muscles of oxygen inhibiting muscle growth so I try to stick to dip but I have a square occasionally

Anyone use a stepper machine?
If yes what food do you eT before and after?

cant i just eat a banana or something light before and after running

bananas are the best. during the weekend, i run first thing in the morning. i don't wanna be on an empty stomach and i don't want to eat anything heavy, so a banana is perfect. doesn't matter what you eat after. a hearty meal. sorry about pudding; i did not think your question was sincere. still not sure it is. stepper machine is funny sounding and you just offered to show someone your penis.

It's sincere. A big stepper machine not one of them small ones you can take massive steps.

I was supposed to be part of this 5K event on Saturday but unfortunately I can't join cause that's my moving day!!! The next event will be the following week but my boss won't be able to go so the next will be February. I was really excited cause I had been practicing a lot and I know Ima kick some ass and take some names!!

haven't ever run a race, but that changes soon. a bunch of my family and friends are running a 10k thanksgiving morning, and i'm gonna join. seems like the perfect distance for my first. i know i can do it, but it is beyond my usual. just a tad nervous about not knowing how to pace myself, but looking forward to it. have fun in feb, Maya!

Last edited:
thanks, joe!

got a running gps watch for xmas. which was today for my family. took it on its maiden voyage. good stuff.

been slacking lately because my right foot was destroying me and the lack of daylight savings time makes things difficult. i strongly dislike running in the dark. so i gave my foot a break by stationary biking for a while instead. not the same. when i started running again a couple of days ago, i was lagging. got fancy new running shoes that hopefully will prevent the foot pain from coming back. going to ask my boss tomorrow if i get in and out an hour earlier. gonna run like crazy in 2015. anyone got a running related resolution for the new year?

Last edited:
what brand of running shoes did ya get ? i bought some asics this summer for running + style and they got a hole on the right toe so quick, will never buy from em again. looking for a new pair for the new year..

resolution wise, running is included as is the typical health related things. last 6 months been sorta hectic so now things are better will make it a point to get in couple miles m-f.

cloudsurfers from on. they're quite gimmicky, but their build is really solid. my previous shoes were lighter, nike flex runs. i'm hoping that sturdier shoes will help with this foot pain problem. these things are built like snowboard boots. the guy at the running store suggested them. i was hesitant, but so far i'm happy i gave them a try.

glad to hear things are clearing up to give you time for running, Joe. what's "m-f"?

monday thru friday ;)

cloudsurfers look pretty cool. once you have had some time running with them lemme know how they worked out for ya, may give it a go depending on your experience.

My running goals this year are to beat my 2014 finish times for my trail series Jan-June and to run my first 26.2 in April.
Blue Ridge Marathon ranks in the top 15 toughest marathons in the world. It's road which I don't care for but the elevation range suits me and it is hosted where I live.

I am a trail person and recommend Solomans. As for running trails at night in cold temps, I do it weekly with a group. Hydro, find people of like minds and you will stay committed all year long. Sucks that you are in pain though. I been lucky. I have no issues since I started trail running 3 years ago.

first trail run of the new year with friends old and new
FIND ME :)
10885434_745604122194572_2992381278516163775_n.jpg

fun. looks cold out there.

yesterday it was in the low teens (fahrenheit). and i would never wear running pants. i was pretty cold. today was even colder, so i decided it could be one of my days off this week.

i returned the cloudsurfers, Joe. i really liked them. but this flap where the tongue and the shoes connect came loose. which rubbed on the top of my toes. no good. i decided against trying another pair, but i'd bet they're really solid shoes and i just got a defective pair. ended up with nike vomeros. they're all about the cushion. and they are indeed very cushion-y. might be good for me. these vomeros are not too cool looking though. compromising my sweet outfit.

lots of family and friends are all about running trail, but i'm just not that curious. holy smokes, i do hate the cars. running has gotta be more dangerous than sky diving. still, not giving up smooth rolling, paved roads. probably why my foot was fucking with me.

a marathon, huh. that's quite the resolution. i'm proud of you already.

10K trail race at 16F…now that was cold for the first mile or so
I broke the female master course record with a time of 49:13 A minute short of my goal time but earned another title

Last edited: