• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Running Nerds Unite

My groin is still messed up from a tear about 8 years ago. Sucks. It fatigues and pains well before the right side.

Some teenagers on a bike passed me and said "good morning, sir" and I've never felt so old before
I was called mam in America loads and I was like, fuck this I’m in my 20s! What is this shit!

I just have to say a few people on here recommended the Nike pegasus shoes and I bought them. I absolutely hate these shoes. Not your guys’ fault though, lol. They’re the newer ones, the Pegasus Turbo 2.

I just have to say a few people on here recommended the Nike pegasus shoes and I bought them. I absolutely hate these shoes. Not your guys’ fault though, lol. They’re the newer ones, the Pegasus Turbo 2.
I love Nike, they seem to suit my feet well. The Pegasus are amazing to me! I’m sorry they didn’t suit you!! Shame!

Is there a store you can go to that will measure your stride and foot placement? We have stores in Ireland that do this so I’m gonna assume America has many and probably ones that are much better. I picked my shoes using their recommendation and it was spot on.

I love Nike, they seem to suit my feet well. The Pegasus are amazing to me! I’m sorry they didn’t suit you!! Shame!

Is there a store you can go to that will measure your stride and foot placement? We have stores in Ireland that do this so I’m gonna assume America has many and probably ones that are much better. I picked my shoes using their recommendation and it was spot on.
Yes, I plan on going to one of those stores and going through that process. I’m stuck with the Nikes for now though, as they were 150 dollars and I’m pretty much perpetually broke.

I don’t know what it is with the Nikes, I actually like the feel of them, but they dont bind to my feet correctly and especially the left shoe causes feet and leg issues. This happens no matter how tight or loose I tie them. Looser causes one set of issues, tighter causes another set. I’m just dealing with it though as I don’t have much of a choice at the moment.

Running shoes are soooo so weird sometimes....

I absolutely SWORE by Brooks for YEARS.
Then I bought the new (at the time) Brooks Adrenaline model that came out (this was like 12 years ago), and they felt absolutely fuckin horrible! I was so enraged that I was going to throw them in the bin lol! But I eventually gave them away to my sister-in-law (RRP$250, she just used them for walking the kids to school and doing the groceries and errands haha).
Instead I got some Asics GTs and haven't looked back. I've gone through about 5 pairs in the last decade <3 Literally JUST got another pair :)
I had a brief stint with the Nike Free's though, when I was in the States, and I really really liked them!!!! But went back to Asics.

djuc0GT.jpg

It's really cool it's 0.8 miles to the local trail and the main trail is 1.5 mi + 0.8 mi back = exactly 3.1 miles 5k :D

I'm going to get back in shape and train until I can do a sub 25 min 5k again

Lets fuckin goooooooo
Yeooooo!! You got this kid!

5k = 28:27

Wow just impressed myself. These past 2 weeks of training is paying off noticed huge endurance gains, quitting drinking helped too

Adrenaline is one hell of a drug

Hahahahaha welcome to the Health & Recovery Nudie Thread!!! :ROFLMAO:

Awesome work Snafy :)

well guys I’m 3 days out from my 50k, it’s this Sunday. Definitely nervous. But excited too.

the depressive episode I’ve been in (especially the inpatient hospitalization) definitely set back my training and I’m not exactly where I wanted to be. But i’ll live, I can do this

well guys I’m 3 days out from my 50k, it’s this Sunday. Definitely nervous. But excited too.

the depressive episode I’ve been in (especially the inpatient hospitalization) definitely set back my training and I’m not exactly where I wanted to be. But i’ll live, I can do this
That. Is. Amazing. GO YOU GOOD THING!!!!

Best of luck to you dude! I’m a fellow ultra runner. Though its been a couple of years since I’ve ran ultra distances I’ve ran everything from 50K to 100 milers. Don’t know that I’ll do another 100 miler again, that’s a real kick in the balls but I’m down for some more 50K or 50 miler action in the future.

Whats your weekly mileage like right now? How long have you been running?

You’re gonna kill it! Just keep putting one foot in front of the next.

Feel free to message me if you wanna talk running anytime.

Best of luck to you dude! I’m a fellow ultra runner. Though its been a couple of years since I’ve ran ultra distances I’ve ran everything from 50K to 100 milers. Don’t know that I’ll do another 100 miler again, that’s a real kick in the balls but I’m down for some more 50K or 50 miler action in the future.

Whats your weekly mileage like right now? How long have you been running?

You’re gonna kill it! Just keep putting one foot in front of the next.

Feel free to message me if you wanna talk running anytime.
Sweet dude it seems rare to meet another ultra runner lol

I’d love to work up to a 100 miler eventually

weekly mileage was about 50ish during the peak of my training, but I’ve been tapering that down lately