• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Rubifen IV

itman

Greenlighter
Hey, I usually fill a script of Ritalin 20 mg slow realease but they're curretnly out of stock in NZ and ADHD patients are being given Rubifen 20mg sr's instead (the generic brand apparently)... Anyhu's the buzz is definitely different, a bit more level maybe with less stomach twisting... My issue is that IV'n them is different, I'm not sure if the slow release is better done with them because it takes much longer to get a feeling from the shot with regards to how long we must soak the crushed up pill in the water before placing in the plunger (I use cig filters and a wheel filter as rit's have too much gunk for the wheel filter to handle)...

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has any info to add i.e do i just soak them for longer etc to get the methylphenidate to absorb out of the fillers into the water? Or just anyone keen to chime in..... Yes I know the needle risks too, I've been hooked on oxy before though it was just oral back then (prescribed by doc for chronic pain) and that use skyrocketed once I started insufflating them... TBH those were far more addictive than a needle and morphine (which I still get, not at all hooked I hardly take it) just for peoples info...Watch the oxys on a side note... Likely more addictive than heroin too because of the ease of use and everyone loves them still in NZ... No stigma etc...

Last edited:
Please do not IV Methylphenidate. Without a micron-filter there is always talc left in the solution which can lead to serious health complications like Necrosis and lung problems.

For examples just have a look at this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/445570-Case-Studies-(It-could-happen-to-YOU-)

Necrotising myositis after intravenous methylphenidat (Ritalin) injection

A 30 year old male intravenous drug user was admitted with a swollen painful left thigh after injection of 30 mg methylphenidat (Ritalin). On examination, we found a softball-sized abscess in his left thigh. Striking lab results were a CK of 18 100 U/l, a CRP of 177 mg/l, and a WCC of 20.0x109/l. A CT scan revealed a large abscess that contained multiple pockets of gas, extending from the lesser trochanter to the distal femoral condyle (fig 1). The patient went to theatre and the abscess was excised and drained and an extensive debridement was performed. Macro- and microscopic analysis showed acute necrotising myositis and extensive abscess formation. The patient was re-examined 2 days later and the wound was closed. Thereafter, healing of the wound progressed well. The patient was discharged home 15 days postoperatively.

or if your going to IV methylphenidate (which is kind of pointless, like shooting coke if shooting coke had no rush and didn't hit you immediately-but addictive nonetheless, I'm a prodigy in shooting pointless dangerous substances), definitely use a micron filter. I remember shooting focalin and regular ritalin back in the day and the injection sites were always painful afterwards which is never a good sign.

The OP specifically mentioned using a wheel filter (aka micron filter)

My favorite quote about shooting methylphenidate which I read on BL was that it's "like shooting cocaine, only it feels less classy"

I had a good laugh at that