• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Roxy addiction

Good question - one of the major sx of opiate w/d is anxiety. This and the derealization was the worst for me. I would eat a lot as you might not be able to eat for a while especially foods rich in magnesium. I had the same experience as magnesium in the bottle or LOTS of it might increase the need to be over the toilet which you don't want. I would just take the mega amino acid vitamins which include calcium/magnesium/zinc etc etc and not take extra magnesium the first few days.

Also, buy some bananas and a lot of fluids, electrolite drinks. That's all I could stomach if even that. ime.
Best,
Smoky

Last edited:
Magnesium is basically a natural muscle relaxer..it can help you with sleep, restlessness/RLS and anxiety. What kind of mag did you get? Magnesium citrate is what I would recommend and it seems tohave the best aabsorption rate.

Take between 500-1000 mg with dinner. Or a small dosage in the morning and a larger one at night.

Taking Imodium with this will help If you're worried about going to the bathroom too much.

Did you read the link to the Thomas Recipe? If so did you have any questions about it? Ive had several friends use it to some extent and they all said it worked wonders. Do you need me to copy and paste it for you or did you just not like it?

Took my normal dosage of oxy on Saturday. Went to bed at 10pm after taking last dose of 30. At 5:00am, I woke up took 30mg put on the Butrans patch and took one gabapentin and 1mg of Xanax. I woke up at noon feeling pretty decent. Normally by this time of day, I would have taken about 150mg and I only took the 30mg right when I put the Butrans patch on. I did not wake up feeling like I was dying for another dose. So far, so good. Does not seem like I am having precipitated withdrawals at all. Just wanted to share for others that may need help coming off. Obviously I don't know what the future holds, but I know had I not used the patch, by this time of day I would be in full w/d.

Did you read the link to the Thomas Recipe? If so did you have any questions about it? Ive had several friends use it to some extent and they all said it worked wonders. Do you need me to copy and paste it for you or did you just not like it?

Also, I am using parts of the Thomas recipe. I am taking the gabapentin, Imodium, Xanax, mag and potassium.

it is 4:41 and I am still ok. Sleeping a lot due to the gabapentin and Xanax, but seem to be fine on the Butrans patch. Don't seem to have any other symptoms. Have to go to work tomorrow, so will not be able to use the gabapentin or Xanax during the day. I will still use the vitamin b's, mag and potassium. Anyone know when the w/d would peak? I don't want to be caught off-guard. Everyone here has been so helpful. Again, this seems to easy and I am scared I am going to get hit with a Mack Truck. Any thoughts on what I have discussed?

Hi,

You are on the Butran's patch plus the other meds? How long will you be on the Butran's patch for?

Good to hear you've made a switch from the pills…

Anyone know when the w/d would peak? I don't want to be caught off-guard. Everyone here has been so helpful. Again, this seems to easy and I am scared I am going to get hit with a Mack Truck. Any thoughts on what I have discussed?

Withdrawals usually peak at day 3 and you start seeing the brighter side around day 5/6. but this situation is a little different seeing as you not 100% cold turkey. I have taken a bit of gaba during withdrawal and it actually helped me with energy. But we are all different and I don't want this to backfire on you at work!

What are your exact symptoms now? And what is your dosage/timing with the butran? I can prob tell you what to expect/try to gauge where you're at with those details.

Congrats again on doing this! Do you have an after care plan of some sort set up? That will be your next step to remain clean and battle through PAWS.

Thank you for keeping us updated and please continue doing so. We have your back!!

<3

I started the Butrans at 5:00am on Saturday. Took gabapentin and xanex all day Sunday. I was afraid to go to work today, so I followed the same regimen. Today was day three, I seem to be ok other than the cravings, which I hear stay around for a long time. Snorting has become a habit and I don't know what to do to stop that. I don't reallyb

Seem to have symptoms which scared me because I am afraid they will come on in all at once while I am wor

I read your thread and it made me very sad. I too have had to help my mom detox as an adult. My situation is a bit different. No one around me has any idea, which makes it even harder. However, my daughter went to her dads for the weekend and I did it then. I would never subject my child to that. The fact that nobody could ever tell is what rationalized me doing it for so long. I don't know why I felt the need to tell you this, I just had to. Being a single mother, running a successfully growing company is very hard and roxi's were the ability for me to be superman. However, once I calculated what I spent, I realized how insane it was. Anyway, that's my story. I am very sorry for what you had to see and I hope I can stay strong enough to fight this life-long battle and never allow my child to see this dark side of me.

I am taking between 300-450mg of roxy (30 mg tabs) daily. I am desperate to stop, but I know I can't handle the w/d. I have checked in to a 3-5 day IP hospital detox program, but that will be difficult with my business and my child. Once before I was taking 80mg of oxy and did fine switching over to a 5mcg Butrans patch with little to no w/d. I have (4) 5mcg patches now, but I am scared because of the amount I am now taking and everything I have read about precipitated wd. Can someone please help me. I have to do this, but I feel like it is a losing battle.

SWIM was taking about 120-160 MG's a day. I worked with my doctor because I knew it was becoming a concern. He has now been praticing YOGA for 6 months and down to about 90MG a day. I know this probably doesn't help much but ask your DR about different activities. [acitive]

Also, I am using parts of the Thomas recipe. I am taking the gabapentin, Imodium, Xanax, mag and potassium.

I have been in your shoes man . Been there . These damn little blue roxies are the devil . The best thing to do if you truly want to stop taking them is move away . To another state or something ,and get away from everyone you know selling or giving them to you . I used to buy mine off the street ,and was broke on the 5th of the month every month . I now get a prescription of 120 30mg roxies a month and 90 8mg hydromorphones for lagit back pain, but the difference is I now don't abuse them ,and don't even take them all anymore . I would have many left over every month . I truly wanted the thought of knowing I needed these in my body everyday or I would be very very sick GONE. A couple years ago when I lived back home all my buddies had em ,and all had prescriptions selling them for as much as $35 a pill . I was watching my uncle melt em down ,and shoot em . I got tired of the life ,and moved. I had a habbit of 720mg of oxy a day ,and the withdrawals where hell on earth that I would not wish on my worst enemy .

Good luck man ,and the best advice I could give you is move away from the environment you are in to where its easy to get them ;because if you don't you will relapse .

What do you guys mean not subjecting your kids to WD?
My kids have seen me WD a few times ibut it just looked like the flu. Runny eyes and nose, fever and chills, nausea and RLS at night. They have no idea it's opiate WD. Don't even know what opiates are.

Hey man, I was in a similar situation as you are,

First off, I started off with Hydrocodone and got addicted to the feeling like instantly, lasted 2 years, doses ranging from 100-120mg/daily.

Toleramce rose, so I moved on to Oxycodone, lasted 3 years, doses ranging from 120-200/daily.

Pills got too expensive, so I moved on to smoking Black Tar Heroin for a year, 1/2g-1g/daily.

My W/D was SO intense, it was either death, rehab, or MMT. When I went into the ER...with my parents, they saw how pale I was, and dehydrated I was so they immideatley let me in and gave me an IV with water to start of and take the dehydration AWAY before I DIED. Then the doctor came in, I didn't lie to my parents, nurses, or Doctor why I was there, from Dopesickness. since It was my first visit from Opiate W/D he said that he was willing to help me today, and TODAY ONLY. So he ordered me a IV shots of Morphine, ATIVAN, and Promethazine....I finally calmed down. He told my parents and I, there's only 2 ways to save your son, #1 REHAB, or #2 MMT, we couldn't afford $20k/month of rehab...so I immediately went into MMT.
I can honestly say, Methadone saved my life. Without it, I would've been 6 feet under years ago.