• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 398: The Light and The Dark (VOTING CLOSED)

Please choose your favorite photo from the first post of this thread!

• 1. Shady's Fox

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • 2. bptubbs

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 3. Shadowmeister

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 4. leet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Zopiclone Bandit

• 6. Phenethylo J

• 7. Subversionist

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 8. F.U.B.A.R.

• 9. mal3volent

• 10. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 11. chinup

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • 12. Allure

• 13. BehindtheShadow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thanks everyone!!! i got lucky cos i have been some amazing places.

apparently now we have to come up with a new theme. this one is gonna be a hard act to follow. i reckon either natural wonders or man made wonders could get some pretty photos but if anyone has got anything more interesting/original that would be good!

Anyone want to throw out ideas? There have been so many rounds over the years (this was round 398 o_O) that probably everything's been done but as long as it hasn't been done in a while.

I was thinking a food one would be cool, but it's probably been done already. I'll try to think of more...

We did food a couple rounds ago.

I always look at the month we're heading into.

May has the following:
Mother's Day
National Day of Prayer/National Day of Reason
World Whiskey Day
World Laughter Day
World Naked Gardening Day
World Goth Day

Lol

Earth Day just happened ?

It's a broad theme

Edit: or Easter or Passover

I wonder if "drinks" is a broad enough theme? It could be interpreted in a couple of ways anyway. Although pretty close to food.

Other ideas:
  • Cities
  • Vehicles
  • Leaves

Oh nooo, I missed the food one??? That must've been when my computer was down. Yeah, drinks would work. I'm sure that all the nature themes have been exhausted, but I was thinking clouds, sunsets, trees, etc. I'll keep my thinking cap on. :D

What do you think @chinup ? It honestly doesn't matter if it's a repeat subject or not. It's ultimately up to you.

@Shadowmeister it might be cool to do something special for #400. What that would be I'm not sure lol

Oh shit yeah, next up is 399. Maybe for 400 it could be anything goes.

I really like sunsets although it's hard to capture the light right. Trees are fantastic, I would have entered the one I submitted for this round. =D

i like cities, mainly cos i have some cool pictures of cities and it'd be nice to add some to my ever growing list of places i want to go.

sunsets are a pain, especially if, like me, you take pictures on a mobile phone that can't really do colours well.

Okay we'll go with cities, I'll try to set it up today. :) I don't think I have any photos of cities but I live in a cool little city so I can take some.

Okay, I'll start doing a little sightseeing around here. I may even have something already; I'll have to go through my old pics.

I was also thinking that a pareidolia-type theme would be really trippy, maybe for a future one. You know, clouds that look like animals, tree knots that look like faces... that sorta thing.

Oh that's a great idea! Fantastic man, maybe the next round. I hope we can remember.

thanks, bandit. means a bit coming from a talented photographer like yourself.

wink and nod aknowledge, White_Rose.

congrats, chinup!

Last edited:
Is there a way to get a notification for the start of the next competition? BL has changed from the last time I was on here.

@TheBeardedMasonite

Here's a notification for the next one, just for you!