• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 398: The Light and The Dark (VOTING CLOSED)

Please choose your favorite photo from the first post of this thread!

• 1. Shady's Fox

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • 2. bptubbs

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 3. Shadowmeister

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 4. leet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Zopiclone Bandit

• 6. Phenethylo J

• 7. Subversionist

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 8. F.U.B.A.R.

• 9. mal3volent

• 10. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 11. chinup

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • 12. Allure

• 13. BehindtheShadow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This has turned out to be a great round! On Monday (April 1st) I will close it to submissions and let the voting begin.

Yeah damn, so many great shots in here. I like whatever you did with that pic ZB, it almost looks like a collage.

^if you have an entry, post it.

notice there's no poll yet. figure that means i can slip this in ...

cleaning%2Bfinal.jpg

kodak tri-x pushed one stop, through an olympus xa

Not only good, but I think I recognize the location.

A nod and a wink to the photog ;)

^ Lol, crazy when you can recognise something as random as that on a planet with so many streets and buildings. Small world! :)

So are some of these effects I'm seeing done with the camera itself? I know nothing about actual cameras >_<

So are some of these effects I'm seeing done with the camera itself? I know nothing about actual cameras >_<

Quite possibly mate. I come from a time when 'image processing' involved standing in a dark room lit with a red light and shading various areas of the photographic paper to increase contrast throughout the rest of the image. Then you could adjust the time spent in the developing bath to achieve the desired effects. These days it's all automatic and little bit scary tbh...

Well, Tri-x is actual (Black and White) film, pushing it one stop means he exposed the film one stop more than the meter shows is optimal ( 1 stop = 1 ISO step/F stop/ shutter speed increment) and when they developed the film they accommodated for it. It was a common thing back before everything went digital.

So no post effects on this one, but no one but the only photog can tell on others because digital is so much more versatile than film could ever hope to be.

Later today I am going to close submissions and start the voting. So if you have a last-minute submission, please submit it!

Anyone who has submitted more than 1 image needs to tell me which one single one they want to submit. If I don't hear from you by the time I make this a poll, I'll choose one for you that I like the best and that will be what people vote on.

Mine are wank in comparison mate, but I'll submit 'The Witch and The Dragon.

Cheers.

Thanks shadow, idk which one would be better for this theme. I'll trust your judgment ?

Same here, I'm rather partial to both.... use your artistic experience

Remember I was just promoting the thread. It's not an entry. Thanks. ? ?

Okay I have all the submissions picked. HOWEVER, the new software by default has only 10 poll options available and we have 13 submissions this time. I am seeing about raising the default maximum.

By the way it's GREAT that we have so many submissions! :) This is getting back towards old-school participation levels. Stand by (hopefully not long) to be able to vote. But in the meantime you can look at the submissions in the first post and decide.

Okay, on account of TLB being a fucking baller of the highest order, all 13 poll options are now posted. Let the voting begin!

We need a lot of votes due to the number of submissions so come on people, let's vote! If you're lurking here, I encourage you to create an account and vote. And hang around and post while you're at it. ;) If you've thought about it and never pushed the trigger... today's the day! Little known fact, it's National Join Forums That Start With the Letter B Day today.