• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 397: Critters! (VOTING CLOSED!)

Please vote for your favorite photo in this round

• bptubbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadowmeister

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • mal3volent

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • dreamflyer

• F.U.B.A.R.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • CFC

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • leet

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Kaden_Nite

• Total voters
I think a big part of the problem is that a good portion of people are using the mobile version these days. When viewing this thread (or any poll thread) via mobile there is no option to vote or to even see the voting results thus far. Mobile users have to change views first, a lot of average everyday users probably dont realize this.

CFC made a post in the OD social about this thread, which is how I stumbled upon it since I don't normally walk these halls. I bet more than a few followed me here but I'm willing to bet 99% of them casual users who did couldn't figure out how to vote cause they are on mobile so they quickly gave up.

Oh I didn't realize mobile can't vote, though it's not surprising. Fortunately we're very close to moving to Xenforo, new software that is modern and has a good mobile experience (finally).

I'm excited for the change. I think it's definitely needed since the vast majority of the younger generations seem to use mobile devices more and more, some almost exclusively. There are too many problems with BL mobile experience (unable to edit posts without accidental delete, unable to edit profile, unable to vote in polls, unable to make posts in OD because they can't select a thread prefix, etc) so I fear we are turning away a lot of the younger generation since they are likely to get frustrated and give up.

Yeah for sure. We've been discussing it for a long time but lately there has been a ton of work done. We actually have a test version of the the software up and are working out bugs so it'll be soon.

Yeah you're right MDPV and mobile users were already heavily in the majority on BL by at least 2012, so the change is sadly veeeeeery long overdue. But fingers crossed the new software works well :)

Alright, I think it's been long enough... we have a winner, and it's FUBAR by a landslide! Congrats Beastmaster!

Any suggestions for the next theme, Beastmaster?

Yay! Thanks folks. I shall cherish the title of 'Beastmaster' - though it's not the first time I've been called that; eh laydeez?? ;)

Cheers :)

nicely done and well deserved mate, that was a class photo.

Our Beastmaster might like to choose the next topic... just sayin' ;)

Or anyone else, throw out ideas.

Aye, it would be an honour. Is there a list of previous competitions so that I can see what's already bindun?

List?! LIIIIST?!!? (said in my best Oliver-type way)

Nope. But I think most of the past contests are in the archive now

Post your suggestions here. :) I could tell you if they've been done anytime recently. There have been 397 previous rounds so it's probably hard to not repeat at this point.

How about 'Light and Dark'? Any subject is acceptable as long as it is significantly enhanced by natural or artificial lighting (or lack of). This could include lens flare, highlights, shadows, reflections, sun rays etc. (but no filters allowed). Perhaps the winner could be bestowed the title 'Lord of Light' ?

That's cool, we did a "shadows" round recently (which I won, which led to my temporary name change choice), but this one is a bit different.