• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Rocketdoggs Fentanyl questions thread

Rocketdogg

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read my thread. I am very new to Fentanyl and currently prescribed 50mcg patches for last several months.I have been prescribed opiates long term with equivalent tolerances to them . This thread is intended to be an open forum for my personal journey with it, any questions and input are greatly appreciated. That being said; let's get started...

Last edited:
Is there really that much difference in manufacturers/styles of patches? My 1st month I was given a matrix patch 25mcg with oxycodone 15 for breakthrough. Next few months matrix style 50mcg. My pharmacy switched brands last month and I was given a gel patch. It was So strong, I had to take it off after about 12hrs or so. Ended up leaving some of the backing on next couple to reduce contact area til I got used to it. In my research I have read that there are variations and some people prefer specific brands etc., but the difference in potency to me personally was so vast it was ridiculous. I have never experienced such a vast difference in effect in a pharmaceutical opiate of the same dosage. I thought it might have been a defective patch at 1st, but no. 2nd month of same brand now and very consistent and effective relief. Thx everyone.

Last edited: