Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Robin Williams, Oscar-Winning Actor, Dies at 63 in Suspected Suicide

[video=youtube_share;uCVpJ6DFqao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCVpJ6DFqao#t=205[/video]

(skip to 3:25)

RIP :\

very sad. he was awesome in 'dead poets society' and 'good will hunting' among others.

rip.

alasdair

^
I've seen quite a number of his movies. Dead Poets Society and Good Will Hunting were definitely two of his best films. The other two that I really liked and that had a lot of heart were Good Morning Vietnam and The Fisher King. Another actor, like Phillip Seymour Hoffman, who I had expected to put out a few more good films.

Condolences to his family. Very sad when someone who is so publically liked is suffering so much on the inside. I know he had drug problems in the past, but I thought he had been sober for many years, except for a relapse with alcohol about ten years ago. I suppose we just never really know what's going on in another person's head.

Sad news indeed

When I heard I didn't believe it i mean this goes to show it doesn't matter who you are or how much money you got, you can still be in deep pain inside without people around you even knowing. I can't believe he chose to end his life this changes everything I dont think ill ever be able to look at him the same in his film's. I'll be thinking was he depressed at this time, how is he being so funny if he is contemplating suicide and that funny guy almost becomes a mystery like what was eating him up so bad over these years for him to do such a thing. Mabye there isn't even a reason mabye he is just sick and it proves how depression is a disease you can't help not just someone crying poor me, woe is me.

Anyways very sad to hear his movies were good I agree dead poets society was a good one too if not the best , he was also a very good goofy lovable character in other movies he did it just right not too over the top normally.

RIP peace may your pain be gone for eternity and we continue to remember you not by how you died but more so how you lived.

the man was fantastic.

i hope he found the peace that he was after.

so his wife revealed this

"Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly.
depression then on top of that you find out early stages of parkinson's =/ RIP

I appreciate your kindness and understanding of the pain Robin Williams suffered. I have Bipolar Disorder Type 2 and I have more depressed days than manic ones. (Type 2 means mild mania and depression.) Some things I have heard about his suicide really boiled me over. I have been suicidal and it is so irrational. The brain is truly sick and that makes the mental aspect of the brain to be sick as well. I never wanted to end my life. I wanted to end my suffering. Any I felt absolutely hopeless that things would get better, even when they always do. People spitting on Mr. Williams grave are people that are either cruel or ignorant of mental illness and what it can do to person. It is sad to me because people say such hurtful things to me. Like I have to snap out of it, and everyone has mood swings. Well, Bipolar isn't normal mood swings. Anyway, I pray that Robin Williams is at peace now. That is all any of us who have been suicidal want.

Robin Williams: actor Rob Schneider says Parkinson’s disease drugs led to star’s suicide

A CLOSE friend of Robin Williams blames the drugs the star was taking to battle Parkinson’s disease for the tragic comedian’s suicide.
Actor Rob Schneider took to Twitter to make the claim after William’s wife revealed the star had been diagnosed with the debilitating illness shortly before he took his own life.
The Deuce Bigalow star tweeted: “Now that we can talk about it. Robin Williams was on a drug treating the symptoms of Parkinson’s. One of the SIDE-EFFECTS IS SUICIDE! (sic)”.

Rob Schneider and Williams had been firm friends ever since they met 20 years ago when they appeared on Saturday Night Live together, The Mirror reports.

Continued -

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...to-stars-suicide/story-fn907478-1227027345278

Parkinson's itself can cause depression. The disease itself causes low dopamine levels so the drugs it try to increase it. Low dopamine levels can cause depression and suicidal thoughts.

that hurts. just thinking of those times when i was in wd and very depressed, must of been so much harder for robin with parkinson's and thinking of his family having to go through that... i'm just sayin i understand his decision.

that hurts. just thinking of those times when i was in wd and very depressed, must of been so much harder for robin with parkinson's and thinking of his family having to go through that... i'm just sayin i understand his decision.

I'm pretty sure if I had a gun I would have offed myself a few times when I was WDing bad or in a bad spot. I thought about hanging myself, but I wasn't sure how to make a proper noose, and I'd have to get rope, and then find somewhere to do it. That's a lot of shit to do when you're WDing.

Good actor. Terrible comedian. (One of the most over-rated comedians to ever live, in my opinion.) I've been watching a Robin Williams marathon, since his death. Since I've been suffering from severe depression, and have been frequently suicidal over the past months, his death affected me a lot. Not because I think it's a great loss or a great tragedy. (People who aren't famous die all around the world, all the time.) His death has helped me, rather, come to terms with my own mortality issues. I will never be as successful, wealthy or as loved as Robin Williams. Yet, he still killed himself. Puts things in perspective in the sense that: there is no level of success (in any field) to aspire to in life that will result in certain happiness. You can be as successful as Elvis, and still be miserable. Or as rich as Michael Jackson. You can be oozing talent from every pore. Robin Williams was extremely talented at making stale material sound funny, in the tradition of all the old-school "one-liner" comedians. (Having said that, the cocaine clearly helped.) He was also a very talented dramatic actor. Not an "Elvis" figure, in terms of talent. What strikes me as profound about his suicide, is that he was as successful as he could have been. Far more successful, as a comedian at least, than he should of been. There was nothing more he could have achieved in his career, taking into account his comedic limitations.