• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Roadside Testing Australia *Please Merge*

The tests are faulty as shit.
I wouldn’t bank on any advice given based purely on that, and then there’s also the fact we all absorb drugs at different speeds.
Weed absorbs into your fat cells so depending on how much body fat you have the results can vary widely.
Ive known people to swab positive 3 days after a casual smoke and others smoke habitually while getting a negative every time.
On one occasion I lunged a bong, jumped in the car, got pulled over within 10 minutes and swabbed clean. (I’ve been told that this can happen because the drugs hadn’t completely absorbed into my system yet but fuck knows if that’s legit)

The good news is they send your blood away and that returns a nearly 100% accurate result so theoretically if you are doing the right thing and steering clear of driving for 24 hours it will become nothing more than an inconvenience for your holiday.

Carry your script and or doctors note and that will cover you legally for your meds, supposedly the test can tell the difference anyhow *cough cough.

Each state in Australia has different tests and slightly different rules.

In NSW the roadside tests test specifically for Methamphetamine and not dexamphetamine. So people on ADHD meds commonly used in Australia have no problem.

Note that even if you have a script for your drug and it is not in the test, the police can still charge you for driving impaired by the drug. However, they have to make the case.

Each state in Australia has different tests and slightly different rules.

In NSW the roadside tests test specifically for Methamphetamine and not dexamphetamine. So people on ADHD meds commonly used in Australia have no problem.

Note that even if you have a script for your drug and it is not in the test, the police can still charge you for driving impaired by the drug. However, they have to make the case.

Yea you bring up a really good point.

Script or no script, if you seem intoxicated the cops will pull your license for the day and take tests. If you come back positive for anything intoxicating you'll be charged.

As others have stated already road side testing only detects methamphetamine and Cannabis.

No prescription drugs will cause a positive reading.

Don’t drive fucked up on meth. It only makes you feel like a test pilot. In reality you’re the wrong way, upside down, through a zebra crossing and 12 pre-schoolers and a nun.

Don’t drive fucked up on meth. It only makes you feel like a test pilot. In reality you’re the wrong way, upside down, through a zebra crossing and 12 pre-schoolers and a nun.

Speaking of drug testing in general, I was recently diagnosed with Autism spectrum disorder and ADHD. I was prescribed Risperidone and will be starting Ritalin soon. Risperidone had a calming effect but has a few side effects that will probably take another month to get used to. Not a pleasant drug to be honest, but better than Abilify.

The psych told me I needed a urine test before any authorisation for Ritalin would be forthcoming. What do these urine tests detect besides drugs of abuse?

Speaking of drug testing in general, I was recently diagnosed with Autism spectrum disorder and ADHD. I was prescribed Risperidone and will be starting Ritalin soon. Risperidone had a calming effect but has a few side effects that will probably take another month to get used to. Not a pleasant drug to be honest, but better than Abilify.

The psych told me I needed a urine test before any authorisation for Ritalin would be forthcoming. What do these urine tests detect besides drugs of abuse?
In NSW if you have ever been a drug addict and known as such to a doctor, then he will have reported you to the Department of Health.

Thereafter, if a psychiatrist wants to prescribe you stimulants then you need to do a urine test which tests for drugs of abuse (including benzos and other Rx drugs).

I think it’s pretty much a formality. I did mine about a month after ending a 6 month meth binge and there were no issues at all getting prescribed dex based on the results.

Thereafter, if a psychiatrist wants to prescribe you stimulants then you need to do a urine test which tests for drugs of abuse (including benzos and other Rx drugs).

I see. Do these urine tests also detect specific antipsychotics? I hear that some antipsychotics can cause false positives which had me concerned since I'm on them. I am almost certain that any drug of abuse would be easily detected. But what about other non-abusable drugs?

I see. Do these urine tests also detect specific antipsychotics? I hear that some antipsychotics can cause false positives which had me concerned since I'm on them. I am almost certain that any drug of abuse would be easily detected. But what about other non-abusable drugs?
I think that is something you’d need to research. As for false positives, don’t worry about that until you get one.

Then just inform your doctor of what meds you are on and that it must be a false positive. Worst case: they do a blood test to be sure.

problems in your kidneys can be detected in urine tests if performed secondarily.

NSW Standard Operating Procedure for Random Drug Tests

This link gives the SOP the police must follow and explains the tests. https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__dat...4/4761_information_for_the_disclosure_log.pdf

A version of the Securetec 3S test is available commercially to private citizens in Australia as the 5S or 6s for about $60 per test.

So if you think you are borderline clean and need to drive you could test yourself first.

Tested positive twice to methamphetamine i think 9 years ago? They were 9 days apart and the second one I hadn't touched a thing 4 days prior. But in saying that I've been with people whom I just witnessed suck down a bong and blaze a point. Then get pulled up about 45 minutes later. And it came up with nothing. But as I said 9 years ago they were extremely new. That new it took 16 months to even get summons and a court date.

not sure if its the same test, but i was able to pass a swab drug test for everything despite smoking weed all day long up to the hour of the test and a number of other drugs by oil pulling a few times, alternating with swishing with ethanol.

edit: yeah that wouldnt work for these suprise tests, as the saliva reconstitutes every 10 minutes or so :(

There’s been a lot of independent tests done proving these drug tests are very innacurate. Mainly giving false positives.

i'd be fucked in australia, i dont think there has been a time i drove a long distance without chain smoking spliffs

Unless you stink like weed, tweaking out or dressed sketchy, they'll just breath test you for alcohol only and send you on your way.
IIRC the tests they use are very sensitive for weed but don't work as well on Amphetamines

Only time i've been drug tested in the past 5 years was when I was in the wrong area at the wrong time and did a terrible job speaking to the cops.

I bought 3 of the tests used by NSW cops to see how they work. I fucked up the first go but the second showed negative 12 hours after meth and the third showed negative while I was high as fuck on MDMA.

There is a product number difference between the official law enforcement version and the one civilians can buy but ad far as I can reaearch they are exactly the same thing.

You can bet the first time I get pulled over though their kit will work just fine!