Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Roadside Testing Australia *Please Merge*

birdup.snaildown

Greenlighter
Hello.

I need to go to Australia soon, which means I need to rent a car... which means potentially I have roadside drug testing. Would appreciate some advice on the Australian testing technology.

1) I take Adderall.
1A) Will that turn up?
1B) How long does it stay in your system?

2) I smoke weed.
2A) I know this will turn up.
2B) But: how long does it stay in your system?
2C) How likely is a test if I drive on weekdays?

Thanks,
-birdup

TripSitterNZ said:
cannabis 24 hours adderall 1-2 days.

I would prefer it if you could point me towards a study that revealed this or another BL thread. I have known people to get positive results in tests at different intervals of time. If there was some sort of data - however flimsy - it would help me.

If there is no preferable truth, point me towards a lie.

I'm particularly interested in the adderall side of things because I really don't think it fucks up my ability to do a good job or be a good partner/father. #

Surely there are enough people with ADD / ADHD that they distinguish pretty significantly between these two things? Like if I knew that it was pharma grade ADHD medication is that going to turn up as meth?

It's frustrating for me because I'm much more functional with a low dose of amphetamines, but I guess everybody is.

People always described this difference in terms of the effects of ADHD meds. Like some people take uppers and it slows you down. It doesn't slow you down. I don't believe that.

Amphetamines for someone who doesn't contribute to the capitalist system is getting uncomfortably close to Nazi Gemany. Dexafetamine has a high chance of working. If you're chronically depressed, you might as well be a tweaker. Things can't really get much worse.

If you aren't motivated to run on a big hamster wheel, that doesn't make you sick. We only feed a certain percentage of people drugs. There are cancers that we call treatable and those we call manageable. Nobody likes to hear about how we can manage their pain.

TripSitterNZ said:
adderall 1-2 days

Okay. So let's narrow down on this for a moment if possible.
Are you saying you've had a positive test during a roadside in Australia?

I assume you are not suggesting this.

My thoughts are:

a) How many people are ADD/ADHD?
b) Surely it's a big chunk of the population?
c) Surely (Shirley) this happens all the time (false tests)?

There should be people here who have prescriptions and have dealt with this precise situation. I'm curious what their experience are with bogus driving laws.

Personally I don't drive under the influence of anything any more. I try very had not to, anyway. This is why I'm trying to establish what is legal and what isn't.

I have a very rare condition that gives me the potential to qualify for medical marijuana. I used to feel guilty about that because I'm also a recreational user, but I don't think I'm healthier without it. It makes no sense to see people ordering buckets of fast food and stuffing their brains with social media... I can't just pretend that these people are dying.

I suspect - sometimes - when people are approved for euthanasia, if they should still be pretty early in the application process. It's such an emotional thing (like abortion) that people don't really allow themselves to fully consider.

Maybe they do. Maybe these people who want to die aren't making a mistake. I don't want to believe this, because it's so horrifying to me.. to want to die

The aussie police have outlines on the data for it all. Aussie have dexies for adhd pretty common get a medical note from a doctor and you will be okay on that. Would try avoid cannabis or driving within consuming it some states are stricter than others. NsW police are straight up nazis and will fuck with you for cannabis. Canberra is legal to smoke and grow now I think and adelaide.

The tests are flawed. The public, police and judges know this.

I got done with pot in my system a year ago, 1 hour after smoking. I have 1 mate whose been tested twice now after smoking in the last 5 to 10 mins and both times tested negative. And I know a handful of similar stories that I've heard through other mates.

JessFR said:
Thread title says please merge, merge where?

Merge where the answer is? There are a lot Australians here. Surely this isn't an uncommon question. I spent a fair amount of time Googling for answers. How can I not find more accurate information?

@js420 I understand the results vary. But - with weed - can you get a positive test after 48 hours? If so, I assume this is extremely unlikely?

There's got to be a lot of people in Australia taking ADD/ADHD medication. So, if it turns up on tests in the same category as meth, wouldn't there constantly be issues?

TripSitterNZ said:
get a medical note from a doctor

Easier said than done.

No one can really answer these questions. It’s all a guessing game and it won’t help you in the end up.

Look up the law in regards to your prescribed adderall.

Don’t take a chance driving after smoking weed. How long after you smoke would you be ok you ask? Who can bloody say, your metabolism is unique. Plus those questions are not allowed on BL.

Surely asking if adderall turns on your roadside drug testing is not against the rules... Don't you deserve to know what you're being tested for?

There are no laws specific to different types of amphetamines and roadside testing. I figured people here might have some personal experience with this or might understand the chemistry.

MsDiz said:
Don’t take a chance driving after smoking weed.

What... don't drive ever again? Surely 2/3 days is enough of a gap. This is my question. I don't understand how it is against the rules to ask this?

Surely asking if adderall turns on your roadside drug testing is not against the rules... Don't you deserve to know what you're being tested for?

There are no laws specific to different types of amphetamines and roadside testing. I figured people here might have some personal experience with this or might understand the chemistry.

What... don't drive ever again? Surely 2/3 days is enough of a gap. This is my question. I don't understand how it is against the rules to ask this?
Hey, guess what a google has thrown up.

The tests only check for amphetamines cannabis and mdma (and apparently in some states cocaine now too), if they suspect something else and feel they have probably cause they'll arrest you and take you to a hospital to submit to a blood and urine test fkr analysis. Failure to comply is a charge in itself and will be similar in severity to if you'd complied and come back positive.

If you test positive to the saliva test, they will retest you and send that test to a lab, suspending your license for a day and then sending whatever comes next in the mail later.

Depending on where in Australia you are that might be a court summons or a fine or whatever.

I've never been caught for driving on stimulants in Australia, I have been caught driving under the influence of heroin though. Since that's not on the test though they arrested me and took me to the hospital.

Last edited:
It does not detect the presence of prescription drugs or common over the counter medications, such as cold and flu tablets, sinus medication (e.g. Sudafed), asthma or ADHD medication.

@MsDiz
Thank you.

Ouch, I didn't realize they increased the penalties that much.

I got away with a 12 month license suspension and... I'm not sure, a big fine. There were other charges and I'm not sure how it broke down. 1.5-3 grand maybe?

The Australian government should be much more transparent with roadside testing. People have a right to know what the law is, so they can circumvent it.

Like the US, Australia's a federal system. These are all state governments and there's differences state to state.

One difference though is there's no local police agencies. Any police you encounter will be state police, or as they're called here, police.

I get the impression they just vaguely imply that they test for "some" prescription drugs (even though they don't) in order to discourage people finding loopholes to drive when they're high. This is not what I'm trying to do. I don't want to drive high. I want to drive the next day without gambling on my license.

The legal limit for alcohol is about right, but every other drug seems to be either guilty or not guilty. Something I think is strange is the apparent zero tolerance attitude when it comes to Australian roadside tests. They test you. If you get a positive result, you're guilty... but if you get a positive result for alcohol there is a legal limit.

There should always be a legal limit.

Maybe I should just hire a driver.