• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Road to Recovery

Happened to check on our national health database if I had still prescription for my mood stabilizer as I just got a shot of it and don't have them with me anymore and wanted to see if I need to refill it and I noticed on the basic diagnosis front page that I am not anymore diagnosed as opiate dependant!

29th day without opiates today and my psychiatrist had taken off that diagnosis few days ago.

That's great Mr. Root! Are you still planning to go into treatment March 9?

Hi!
Yeah and finally it has become more and more WE thing than ME thing so we are both going.

Today was a nice day and the evening was even better.

Hi!
Yeah and finally it has become more and more WE thing than ME thing so we are both going.
That is great news Mr. Root. I think ultimately you'll both be much happier. I wish you both the best.

Just a pic from after and before recovery:
After
28wec6b.jpg

Before:
2u73zg9.jpg

Hi Mr Root,
Congrats on your progress... thank you for posting your before and after pics... quite a difference! And your kitty cat is so adorable!
I guess you read that I celebrated a year clean and sober yesterday... that mental flu thing... and some low energy days... happen every now and again... at this point I chalk them up to life.
And although I do 12 step meetings, I consider my Higher Power to be my pre-frontal cortex when it is functioning fully. I don't share that at meetings and I keep mindful of very healthy boundaries, as people love to send projections out across the rooms.
All I can share is my experience with you, and things are so very much better now... it actually took me almost 90 days to stop feeling physically ill... I had a lot of problems with vertigo. Thank you for continuing to share your story!

Hey P0kemama congratulations! I would totally dig that being shared in a meeting. My experience is that people get so caught up on the G word and a power greater than themselves (two completely different things btw) that they miss the word that is least understood in the second step "Believe". I needed to learn how to believe. Especially in myself. Oftentimes it is easier to believe in a bearded magician in the sky than it is to believe in myself after doing so much damage. Believing in you allowed me to feel what belief felt like. That, in turn, allowed me to believe a little bit in myself, which allowed me to believe in you a little stronger...and the cycle continues to perpetuate.

Root. The second most important date in my life today is 10/2/12. That is the day the wife got clean. Much easier to do this as a WE thing. Keep trucking!

Hi folks,

I guess I have some updating to do.

I entered the rehab as planned but we broke with my fiancee before as we had a lot of arguing over the rehab and getting sober.

After few weeks of my rehab we started to get closer again and she entered detox on her own and was able to kick benzo and lyrica habit and we decided to get back together.

Now she is visiting me at the rehab and asleep next me while I browse the Internet so life is back to normal.

Or not old normal as we aren't using drugs but instead to a new "normal" - a life without drugs.

After abstaining from everything else than nicotine and cofeine for over a month I have started to notice that I have stronger emotions than what I used to have especially when I still was using opiates.

As the negative emotions and especially the ones I have been putting aside by using drugs have re-surfaced I have had a lot to do in terms of psychological aspects of recovery but it still is worth the fact that positive emotions are much lively now and I have been able to get rid most of the emotional burden I have been carrying on and adding to.

Life isn't easy but it is still good at the moment and definately better than what it was while doing drugs.

Tomorrow begins my two night vacation from the rehab and I am going to spend it with my fiancee and my daughter.

I am quite confident that I won't relapse but I still know that it has some risks as I have been in a controlled environment behind god's back for the last six weeks and going back to normal life will give temptations.

MrRoot, you seem to be one of the most level-headed people around BL. You are someone I would be least concerned about on a "vacation" from rehab. But you do bring up an interesting point. After my last relapse, I had family and a few friends hounding me to go to rehab for 6-12 months. I didn't end up going for any length of time (has more to do with how the rehab botched my admission vs. an unwillingness to go), but sooner or later, whether it is four weeks or one year, you have to go back out in the world. I think the "longer is automatically better" reasoning that so many family members (most of whom aren't addicts IME) is fallacious.

Hi aihfl!
I am back from vacation and everything went fine and we had a really good time together.

I think that this two month rehab is long enough for me because if I would be here for six months or longer I would be too reliant on this supervised setting instead of using those skills I have learned here to cope with cravings and other risk factors which might cause drug abuse.

What I have read about success rates and length of stay there seems to be a margin after which the length of stay doesn't affect much on the outcome and it is around 60 day.

Of course some people seem to benefit from longer stays but it isn't necessary.

Rehab is over and I have been sober except for one MDMA night, some 3-FEA experimentation and LSD trip all with my fiancee.

So as I haven't been using amphetamines and those have been apart I consider myself quite sober and that rehab was successfull.

Managed to solve some vetaran benefits issues and I have been thinking about going to school next spring.

30cyxat.jpg

Bit sleepy ATM as it is 06AM here.

Forgot to say that I got a feat demand from a huge finnish rap/rock band Atomirotta and I would have some ex-hustler-financial crime guy- role in their upcoming album :)

Me and my daughter:
2dtu8ow.jpg

And my fiancee with me
28bz2mo.jpg

Last edited:
Do I see your daughter smiling? :)

Your fianc? is just being beautiful, nothing out of the ordinary there.

Wait is your daughter normally smiling? If this is the case, I respect her parents (well, I guess I have to respect people for being parents period).

But I digress. Glad to see you all doing well! %)

MrRoot- When you feel like it's getting rough, close your eyes and imagine you are here (instead of there).

j6r7d1.jpg

Dale

^Sure :)
Sivi normally smiles that way all the time ��