• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants (Ritalin/Methylphenidate) A heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustADudeYep

Bluelighter
Saw the doc today (again) and I actually have staph infection in my damn nose. ANYWAY, I decided to see if I could hit her up or a higher dose of Ritalin, which she went for. I was on 15mg x2 a day, so I got those nice orange pills. I knew that going up to 20mg x2 a day meant I'd have to get different meds but they should all work! So I was a lil pumped. . .but I loved those orange pills. Yeah, so I had to switch to 20mg Mallickinrodt pills. Let me tell you, in all honestly, this brand does NOT work worth a sh1t! I'm not even sure they work at all. I have taken probably about 180mg to 200mg tonight, simply to see if I was crazy or if these shitty things are junk, and they are junk. I even may have shot a few of those mgs. BTW, I do not condone abusing meds in any way! I'm just very pissed because the methylphenidate definitely helps me out with my Crohn's issues. It would give me some drive and some energy etc. Now I'm stuck with this non-working crap for a month! I did a google search and actually found a number of people saying the same thing about Mallickinrodt Ritalin and Concerta. I am REALLY hoping that I can take this info in and show it to my doctor, give the pills back that I have, and have her write me a new script. I doubt that will happen but she's been my doc for a long time.

Point Is: If you ever get a Ritalin/Methylphenidate script, ask what kind they use. If it is Mallickinrodt then refuse them or go somewhere else. I've been on TONS of meds and I've never had one that didn't work at all. smh. Just wanted to warn ya.

We don't allow complaining about generic medications. They are required by law to be equivalent to the ones they replace and it's not like drug companies can't weigh stuff into pills... that technology is old as fuck.

anyway, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.