• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ritalin IR question.

iluvmf

Greenlighter
Yesterday, I took 15 mg of ritalin IR like I always do, but 30 minutes after taking them orally I decided to try for the first time to take some subliminally, so I only tried 5mg that way. Two hours later I decided to go play basketball with some friend and as I felt tired, I drank an energy drink to boost me up. I also smoked a little bit of hash, not nearly as much as I usually do. After like 5 minutes of playing, my heart was beating like if I ran a marathon. I was breathing like crazy and I also felt kind of dizzy at some point so I decided to stop playing for 30 minutes. After that I started playing again and I was fine, it only happen the first 5 minutes. Do any of you know why that happened? And any of you have experienced it?

ps: Sorry for my bad english, it is my second language.

When you take drugs sublingually, you avoid metabolism via the liver by the so called first pass effect and more drug can reach the blood. Oral methylphenidate has a bioavailability of between 10-50% meaning thats how much reaches the circulation for its effects to manifest. So lets say orally, 30% reached your blood. That means 4.5mg were available. Lets now say when used SL, 75% reached the blood. This means about 3.75mg were available. So even though you took 1/3 the amount sublingually, nearly as much reached your blood and effectively you doubled (slightly less) the amount available.

You over stimulated yourself, i get this when i take to much adderall and drink caffeine i get rapid heart rate when i start doing active shit for the first prt of it but my body adapts and i get used to it... Uhmmm yeah dont drink redbull on ritalin and stick to 15 mg! Ritalin does nothing for me but for alot of people its an extremely string stimulant and you could end up havingg a heart attack or something sorry about my poor english im drunk as shit XD, good luck and sublingual ritalin isnt much different than oral, everyones body is different though i personally have taken 50 mg ritalin ir and got no effects whatsoever. Its all just body chemistry find the right dose for yoy and stick to it.

be careful mixing phets with other stimulant products. i find dex to be better then the methyl cns