• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ritalin, Dexadrin, or Concentra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

South

Bluelighter
If you were diagnosed with ADD or ADHD and given the choice of the following drugs, which would you choose:
· Ritalin,
· Dexadrin, or
· Concentra?

Personally, I would go with ritalin.

Ive had virtually every ADD med scripted to me as an adolescent, cylert, immediate release dexedrine, ritalin, adderal, even wellbutrin.

I prefer cocaine over amphetamine, even though i dont like stimulants in general. This is why i would choose ritalin, because it might not as effective as dexedrine for ADD, but at least you can eat and sleep on ritalin. Not to say i didnt take large doses of dexedrine and experienced a nice buzz, but for some reason i liked ritalin. Its even decent IVed....

But the answer for most people: immediate release dextroamphetamine, generic "dextrostat" works very well

I prefer Amphetamine to Cocaine, but I do love both. If I had a choice, I would choose Adderall or Dexedrine. I used to like Methylphenidate (Ritalin) better because I was used to it, but the past few times I had Amphetamine, I enjoyed it more. I've actually never had Dexedrine before, so I really can't say much there.

i would go with adderall if it was an option. on 120 mg popped right now. ritalin is no match for adds, ive done so much ritalin in the past that cokes effects arent even strong and good. all ritalin is good for is the peak. comedown sucks

I would most definitely go with methylphenidate (Ritalin) IR, dosed BID. If you really have ADD, then this is a medication, not just something to fuck around with. Methylphenidate is far less neurotoxic than amphetamine when taken chronically. Also, with respect to Concerta (slow-acting methylphenidate extended-release), some individuals think that it is wonderful and works perfectly, with no "up and down" feeling that comes with IR tabs BID, others think that it is horrible and never achieves steady-state therapeutic concentration. The manufacturer claims that the pharmacokinetics are equivalent to generic methylphenidate IR bid, however, YMMV. I'd start with methylphenidate IR 5-10 mg BID.

Dex does it for me, I actually prefer Focalin but with the price of it, its not worth it.

Rit is like coke, nasal, etc. chicks dig it as well as coke people

Dex for me is more euphoria, bit of a body load anxiety wise on the come down, but it has duration

For me, a bottle of 120 X 20mg rits last about a week.

I can stretch a bottle of 150 x 10mg Dex for a month.

just depends what your looking for, focalin is the best of both worlds imho :)

Focalin is just the single enantiomer product of methylphenidate. It is the (d)-threo- stereoisomer. Since this is the most active isomer in methylphenidate, it is about 2x as potent as the racemic product. However, some researchers believe that the other stereoisomers are responsible for the euphoric effects of methylphenidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.