• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants ritalin/adderall VS modafinil

e92

Bluelighter
i'm prescribed 40mg Ritalin XR and 10mg Ritalin IR. i wish i wish i could take them every day cause i actually have ADHD and it helps me so much, but it affects my sex drive.

affects, but doesnt kill. i'm a 22 year old guy i naturally have a peaking sex drive mentally and physically...

but when i take ritalin or adderall, 90% of the time those physical desires go away.

however, when it comes down to sex i can still get hard but i'll just never cum, thats not the issue though. the issue is not feeling PHYSICALLY horny i only feel it mentally which for me is a problem. i enjoy occasionally being caught up with sexual thoughts and desires and on ritalin that hardly happens.

when i'm on ritalin or adderall, i'll see my girlfriend and be so logical about sex and my brain will be like well she turns me on so i think i'll have sex with her... but when i'm sober its my body that transmits that message/feeling to my brain, not the other way around as opposed to being on ritalin

i heard modafinil is pretty much like ritalin, minus the effects im talking about. thoughts?

No, Modafinil is very different from Ritalin.

Ritalin is a straight-up stimulant of the Noradrenaline-Dopamine-Reuptake-Inhibitor (NDRI) class.
Modafinil is a "wakefulness-promoting agent" with antidepressant/very mild stimulant effects (how it staves off fatigue is still poorly understood; it does act as a weak dopamine reuptake inhibitor, but this just seems to be a not-unwelcome side effect). There really is no such thing as a "rush" from Modafinil unless you are super sensitive to the drug or are taking excessive doses.

i know its way different from ritalin, but would it at least somewhat solve the problem i get with ritalin?

i could still be prescribed both, so dont get me wrong the mild "rush" / sort of anti-depressant effect you get from ritalin is fun but mainly i just want the drug to do what it was made for, and i heard modafinil just does what it was designed for.

Modafinil is like glorified caffeine.
Methylphenidate is like extended release cocaine.

Not at all the same.

I'd rate Modafinil as superior to caffeine - Modafinil is a relatively "clean" wakefulness-promotor with a mild mood lift. Caffeine just tells your neurons to dump every excitatory neurotransmitter they have into the synaptic cleft, resulting in a "high" that can quickly go from "I'm feeling amazingly creative and full of energy" to "shitshitshit cantfocusonanythingproductive heartsabouttoexplode".
Granted, I'm naturally a nervous person, so I might not get as much out of caffeine as the Average Joe.

Modafinil is pretty safe, you may as well try it to see how it works with you. They're definitely very different drugs, though.

I honestly think caffeine should be replaced with modafinil, so that when you buy a cup of coffee, it's actually decaffeinated, with low amounts of caffeine, but contains modafinil. The compound is very promising for work related purposes. It fits well the profile of the career-oriented, busy American without the desire for sex.

I would like to shoot my three 10mg adderalls. I read on that it will mess my veins up and is no better of a high that taking orally or e=

I have 3 10 milligram Adderall that I want to shoot. I've read on here that it messes your veins up even worse and is no better of a buzz than taking it orally or snorting. First off, my veins are already jacked up from how much heroin i do IV. Yes,I still crave the needle like a mad woman. So....not really sure what to do. I just know that I NEED some uppers to get me thru day 7 of my work week. I haven't had a day off in over 3-4 weeks in a row.
I do need instructions on how to shoot Adderral:)