• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants rit lung?

needhelp101

Greenlighter
How would I know if i had ritalin lung, I just read about it now 5 years later. I do get asthma sometimes and my oxygen sat sometimes gets lower then average. I thought for a while it was from smoking, but I quit that a while back and only smoked a few years. Im 20 years old now, injected ritalin a dozen or so times as a 15 year old. I also snorted it, but not sure how many times. How would I know if I have permanent emphazema, because my mom has that and now im scared. I also a year back had got floaters in my eyes, which I read could of been from retina damage from IV ritalin?

Am I paranoid? and just have some asthma and normal eye shit? or have i fucked my life up. What would I need to get from a doctor to see if I got that ritalin lung bullshit/

What would I need to get from a doctor to see if I got that ritalin lung bullshit/

In medicine, a chest radiograph, colloquially called a chest X-ray (CXR), or chest film, is a projection radiograph of the chest used to diagnose conditions affecting the chest, its contents, and nearby structures. Chest radiographs are among the most common films taken, being diagnostic of many conditions.
Like all methods of radiography, chest radiography employs ionizing radiation in the form of X-rays to generate images of the chest. The mean radiation dose to an adult from a chest radiograph is around 0.02 mSv (2 mrem) for a front view (PA or posterior-anterior) and 0.08 mSv (8 mrem) for a side view (LL or latero-lateral).[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chest_radiograph

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8109495

Just exactly how "below average" does your O2SAT read?

You get asthma "sometimes", do you take daily asthma medication or corticosteroids or anything? Or just like, rescue albuterol inhalers whenever you feel your asthma getting worse?

How much methylphenidate did you used to inject (dose wise), and what kind of filter did you use?

I'm not saying that your concerns are not valid, they are and you should see a doctor about it to be safe and make sure everythings okay, but if you only did it like a dozen times and you had decent filtration, you're probably fine. Your IV technique really determines how much damage you did to yourself.

See a doctor and then you can rest assured knowing your current medical status.

From what i remeber i did 1-3 tablets each time mabey 4, around 5-20mg. I used the cotton ball filter thing a few times then ived it. The asthma thing wasnt a diagnosis, no inhaler , but i sometimes go to 93-94 oxygen level. usualy lying down.

i think im just being paranoid about it, ive had chest xrays a year or so ago for something else( Long after i did the rit thing) and no one said anything. Also did lung fuction tests for a physical around that time and they didnt seem concerned.

I just never new about the rit lung thing or ever mentioned it to my docs

You seem to worrying far too much, yyou've got your tests done coming out with no negative then you're fine. I'd only worry if I have symptoms of damaging health like yellow eyes and stUff. I don't think there's such a thing called Ritalin lungs I might be wrong but then again my knowledge is up to dat, atleast...

How are you monitoring your O2SAT? You really want it to be over 95....

the oxomiters. It is sometimes 95-98. sometimes 93-94. I am sick with a cold thing right now. But my point was i didnt kno if I needed to be concerned about rit lung. What would be an indicator?