• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Risk of Seizures. Gabapentin, Etizolam, DHC.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hi.

So, this may sound a little like a minor anxious thought but to me it's real and controls my life.

A couple years ago I suffered a Grand Mal (Tonic Clonic) Seizure. This was the result of a night of fairly heavy drinking followed the morning after by 200mg Tramadol and 10mg Amitriptyline.

Now to my question. Over the space of a ~10 days I have taken close to 20g of Gabapentin, today, Saturday I have taken 6mg Etizolam.

I have ~ 4000mg Gabapentin left until I get my script of Dihydrocodeine on Monday.

Will I need to taper my last 4000mg of Gabapentin to avoid the possible outcome of a Seizure when I receive my DHC on Monday as I will undoubtedly start taking recreational dosages of around the 300mg mark?

Also is DHC known to cause seizures at those dosages?

I understand this may be a hard question to answer as everyone's Seizure threshold is different but I thank you for trying.

Cheers in advance.

Can't find any info. on DHC lowering the Seizure threshold at all.

Maybe it doesn't?

I just want to be safe rather than sorry.

Is DHC just a codeine analogue? Tramadol effects serotonin I think and codeine doesn't.

I've never heard of DHC or any other opioid other than tramadol causing a seizure / decreasing yoursseizure threshold, why would it?

I thought the same thing about Tramadol, better to be safe than sorry, right?

Yes that's right, better be safe than sorry.
Tramadol is a nasty opioid that acts on Serotonin, noradrenalin and the opioid receptors, because of that there's a risk of seizing, when you take more than 300mg.
But as far as I know DHC acts on the opioid receptors only :)