RIP tathra

nznity

Bluelighter
Hi everyone.

I'm sure a few of you already know, but i just found out that Aaron (tathra) passed away. I only knew him really from Facebook, not so much from here. I didn't want to go ahead and make a shrine post for this reason, but felt that people on here should know as he was a member of staff.

Lots of love to you all

Katrisse <3
OH MY FUCKING GOD. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

Although I never had any direct contact with him (as far as I remember), I know the name well. Always sad to see this type of thread appear, but unfortunately it's an occupational hazard in the game we're in.

Condolences to all... <3
man, this hits hard. even though i didn't know the guy that much. it fucking sucks to see a BLer. pass away. my dear condolences....

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
Well I've known his casually for about 20 years now.

We didn't always agree on things but didn't argue or have a contentious relationship. I have always been a rough mouthed hardass (especially when I moderating back in the early 2000's) where he was soft spoken and sensitive.

Just lately he seemed so manically enamored with his girlfriend, and I got a vague sense this wasn't totally reciprocated, which gave me the sense that a disaster was looming.

Any idea how he died? He wasn't a cowboy like some of us (myself included) when it came to hard drug use, so I wonder what happened.

RIP. Hopefully I don't wind up in this shrine...

thujone

Bluelight Crew
Dammit that's horrible news. Got to know him on one of the old bl ircs when I first joined the site; really kind and intelligent guy.
<3
he was still positive about the future of the irc recently, popping in for a chat with him was on my to-do list. if only i had known...

rest in peace, tathra

JessFR

Sr. Moderator: AADD, H&R, TDS
Staff member
Jesus. I couldn't believe it when I saw this thread.

I don't really know what to say. :(

paminta

Greenlighter
Goddammit.

SO many chats. (So many fights, too, but never spiteful, as far as I know.)

Rock out with Thaddeus until the rest of us connect, my man.
awww yes. He is up there with Thaddeus now, finally happy together again.