• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP PhreeX

Wow...damn Dave (PhreeX) will be sorely missed by those who knew him, those who are survived by him, and the worldwide harm-reduction community :(
I don't usually frequent this area of BL...something told me to check it out, and I listen to instinct...this was why, I guess.
Dave you must return as an avenging angel of the anti-drug war movement...or just rest for awhile...
R.I.P. Dave...you will be very much missed...

I knew Dave quite well (since 2001). I am proud to say that together, Dave and I shaped a then fledgling forum (Other Drugs) into the beast it is today I have a substantial amount of correspondence from Dave which i could gladly share upon request.

This is so true..I stand to testify, and bear witness, that it was because of David and Negrogesic, I was drawn to the online HR movement...U guys made an incredible team! And undoubtedly saved many lives in the process...

David's legacy

This is so true..I stand to testify, and bear witness, that it was because of David and Negrogesic, I was drawn to the online HR movement...U guys made an incredible team! And undoubtedly saved many lives in the process...

I am glad my son saved lives. I only wish he could have saved his own. He experienced many personal disappointments, and people like doctors, law enforcement, Adult Protective Services, apartment room mates, his sick (MS) father, judges, EMT's, etc. all failed to do even the least they could to save his life. They all let him die when he could have been saved. My cries for help went unheeded or even punished. This is to let you all know that now days, this is the way American society treats 'drug addicts', even those on legitimate prescribed pain medication for legitimate, documented pain. Take care of yourselves as no one else will, sad to say. This is the world, or at least the country, we live in in the US. I would appreciate any and all correspondence David wrote to anyone, no matter how 'dark' it might be. You can email me here, or at [email protected] .

Please do share any correspondence from David, no matter how 'dark' it might be. You can email it to me here, or at [email protected] Also There is a Facebook account called David V. Lanier Memorial, and I have a memorial group for David I could add your name to if you like. You would need to 'friend' the Facebook account before I could add you to the group. Thank you for your friendship with my precious David.

Thank you for the 'heart'felt message. I really appreciate it.

<3<3Phreexmom<3<3

This is the month my David was born, and the month he died. I am trying now to remember the happy birthdays I had for him. This month he 'will be' 33, so it is his 3rd birthday I will remember. We had just moved from Washington state to Chicago area and knew no one. So I invited the neighbors, young and old and we had the usual cake and ice cream and sherbert/punch drink I always made. That was David's last birthday before his sister was born 6 months later.

<3We share something else then---my son also lost his life in the same month he was born. We decided to always celebrate the birthday because that was and always will be cause for celebration; our sons were blessings! Marking the day they died is more private for me but it is a date that will never be the same. Do you have a picture from that birthday party? If so, and you feel like sharing, I would love to see it. I think three is one of the most magical ages.

Much love and understanding to you.<3<3<3

<3We share something else then---my son also lost his life in the same month he was born. We decided to always celebrate the birthday because that was and always will be cause for celebration; our sons were blessings! Marking the day they died is more private for me but it is a date that will never be the same. Do you have a picture from that birthday party? If so, and you feel like sharing, I would love to see it. I think three is one of the most magical ages.

Much love and understanding to you.<3<3<3

I just looked at the albums the other day and found about 5 photos of David's 3rd birthday, but they are not online. I have to use Walgreens photo to do so. David had a 1/4 sheet cake, chocolate with buttercream icing, with a big picture of Big Bird, and the words, "Big Bird says 'happy 3rd birthday David'. Sometimes I watch the kids shows we used to just to relive that time. Each year I let the children choose the theme of their party, the flavor and decoration of their cake, what to do, where to go, who to invite, etc. It was wonderful. David wore a little green and white checked suit jacket, white shirt, green bow tie, and green slacks. He looked so cute with his blonde hair and greenish-blue eyes. I will just celebrate his birth and life...the 30 happiest years of my life with my little children.

^That's a great description! I don't even need the picture.:) I can feel all the happiness in that memory.<3

i knew Phreez from way back..i remember talking to him a few times thru pms then he disappeared it seems..years later i remember making a thread asking where he was and it got deleted...i figured he moved on to greener pastures...then i read this and i cant say im shocked like everyone else..overdoses are common amongst us folks and it seems many of us have a certain type of death wish..

RIP Phreex..

i used to be a member here under a different name, long ago.... at one point me and phreex had our own forum/site... more chemistry focused, as phreex and i shared an interest in drug chemistry, and organic chemistry in general. I used to talk to him for hours on messenger, hed calm me down and help me through situations as he was years older than i was. Anyways i miss him alot, RIP brotha

Thank you for writing. I wish I knew more of what David was thinking and feeling during those dark days. I am glad he had you and others here to talk to.

David was very smart. He also could see through all the phoneyness of the world and people, and he said so. He spoke the truth. He was ahead of his time on Harm Reduction and on the use of new chemicals/medicines like Ketamine and Ecstasy for legitimate medical use.....as they are now being used today. I miss David's conversations and insight and intelligence very, very much.

I fell off of the internet for a couple of years starting around 2006. Just randomly signed on here today for the first time in awhile. God fucking dammit man...