Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP *LOVE*LITE* aka karma1482 aka Erin

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Erin I can't believe I never posted a Shrine thread for you. It was just the 2nd year anniversary of your death, Alex and I were talking about it last night, another unexpected fentanyl overdose. You were my sister from another mister, I loved you very much. First I got to know you and Alex on here, eventually we modded PD together. And then you told me you were moving to my town. I was excited and nervous because you guys were the first Bluelighters I ever met, and you remember L (my wife at the time) was really unsure about meeting "weird Internet people". But we became fast friends, it just worked. I remember when Sadie was a little puppy... she's got gray in her muzzle now, how wild is that? I bet you didn't get to see that.

Years later, you were really there for me in a profound way when L and I split up. With your help, I navigated that space and found myself again. In the years that followed we all grew closer and closer. Of everyone I know here where we live, you guys are my closest family. Well Alex still is and you were. :(

It was unspeakably horrible to watch you fall apart. I sometimes wonder if you were almost always blacked out on etizolam. You tried it for your anxiety and it created a monster eventually. And the intense amount of 3-MeO didn't help, or the whiskey. You insisted it was all helping but we all could see so clearly it wasn't. It was really hard to talk to you about. I wish I had tried harder, earlier. You became awful to be around 90% of the time, you were like a different person. The last 6 months before you became yet another fentanyl statistic, we had all already started to mourn you, it felt like tha person we knew was gone, I didn't recognize you in your eyes. We all talked about it later once we were able to talk about it. It was soul-crushingly terrible. I know it must have been even more terrible for you but you have to understand the pain and confusion and frustration and, ever increasingly, anger. You did some messed up stuff, but I know it's because of the gaping hole somewhere in your soul that you needed people to fill. But no one else can fill those kinds of holes, you have to figure it out and fill it yourself... but first you have to face the fact that there's a hole in the first place. Me and Robbie always tried to keep up hope that you'd figure it out, that this was just a really low point. But you decided to do some heroin on a ton of benzos one day, right after posting about your plans for the next week you were excited about, and it wasn't heroin after all, according to the toxicology report. You were alone and according to the coroner's report, you pitched forward face-first off the couch and broke your nose and laid there until you expired. For a while I couldn't stop thinking about those last moments for you. Were they terrifying? Peaceful? Were you aware of them, were you trying to breathe frantically? Or was it a loss of consciousness and an unknowing slip away? Did you know it was going to happen? That's the hardest question for me to face, I still don't like to think about it. I wish you hadn't been alone.

Ah Erin, I miss you. I miss that amazing person you were before drugs twisted you up, for the vast majority of our friendship. So warm and enthusiastic and empathetic and intuitive. You had a somewhat matronly presence, in a nice, comforting way. You had an infectious laugh, and literally the best hugs out of anyone. You had a real gift for choosing the perfect music, but only when it really mattered. For a long while I only remembered the version of you at the end when I thought of you. I have a lot of regrets, even still. I tried to help you a lot, I would talk to you when no one else would. But I pulled away too at the end. It was too much for me, I was too angry, too disgusted even, I couldn't handle being around you. And then you died and all I could think was, I should have been there, I could have done more. Last year, I had what felt like a meeting with you during a smoked MPT experience, where we forgave each other and I finally saw you as the person I knew for many years before the dark times. You gave me a big hug and waved bye, and told me you were sorry for how you acted and you forgave me and that I was a great friend. I hope that was real. I hope you can read this too because I just needed to tell you that I'm so sorry that I ignored your call that same day that you overdosed. So did Robbie and it ate him up bad for a while, he had a very hard time with that, and the fact that the last time you guys communicated he said some harsh things to you. Since I'm assuming at this point you can get this message, he would definitely want to apologize, too. I should have said who the fuck cares if I'm mad, this is my family and I am going to step the fuck up. No one wanted to say the full extent of what they thought, myself included, because it would result in anger and yelling and crying and it wouldn't reach you at all. But we should have tried harder... I took the path of least resistance. Not least resistance, but not nearly as much as it could have been, as much as was needed. Maybe we could have gotten you to admit you needed help and get into a detox and rehab and counseling. I'm so sorry I failed you in the end. I will always regret it, and I will always regret that you died feeling rejected by everyone, even your mom. We ALL still loved you dearly, I hope you know that. I hope very much that you're resting in peace, or even better, having crazy adventures in hyperspace, welcomed as a priestess. :)

I guess the reason why this Shrine post is 2 years coming is because it's been such a complex emotional clusterfuck dealing with this and coming to terms with it. Alex, Matt, Robbie and I were in shock for a while. I couldn't even cry for like a week or feel any emotions. I would still find myself being mad at you and replaying scenes and then I'd realize you were gone and feel horribly guilty. Some of your massage friends who didn't know you anywhere near as well as we did and basically saw you a couple of times of year, briefly, threw a sort of funeral celebration like 5 days after you died or something and none of us except Alex came. We just couldn't, it was too unreal, it was too soon, and it felt really weird that someone else was doing it and not us. People who didn't know talked shit about us for it too, and I felt awful and also justified, like, we'll deal with this in the way we need to, thank you very much. It just wasn't something I could do at that time, the hurt was too deep and confusing. I hope you can understand that it was NOT out of lack of love for you. I loved you like family, really and truly, and I still do. It was because of how damaged that love had become and how stunned I was at how awful our last interaction was, and guilty, and in shock, and all sorts of things. We never did have an official memorial service for you, but we memorialize you by keeping you in our hearts, telling stories, remembering great times, talking about what you'd do if you had been here for that thing that just happened. Truly remembering you and keeping you alive in the world. I used to feel really strange and shitty for not ever trying to give you a proper sendoff, but our way feels right.

But it is high time you had a memorial from me, so here it is, albeit, shamefully 2 years late. I hope you don't mind me sharing some of your story, please know that I remember you now for the bright, radiant DMT fairy* that you are. ❤ And it was very therapeutic because I have never said or written some of that stuff, to anyone, or even really all the way to myself. The honest truth is that you failed us, and we failed you, and it was just fucked up all around, we were justified in our reactions and you were justified to feel hurt and betrayed by our reactions. But also, it's a lesson that as much as most people reading this may love drugs (*raises his hand the fastest*), they can take control of your life unexpectedly and change everything. Be careful everyone, SO many Bluelighters are now gone, it's not always because of drugs but usually it is. Please take care of yourselves, I don't know how many more I can take. ❤

*Seriously though, this woman had a gift for blasting people off and guiding them to full breakthroughs, it was beautiful to watch. :) One of her many wonderful qualities that I miss.

:( rest in peace. I read this writing by her and I hope you are experiencing this now Erin.

*Love*Lite* said:
This weekend felt right for a break through trip so my boyfriend and I packed up a hefty bowl of DMT into the machine that we had made and experimented with the week before. I hit the bowl first, getting a massive hit, I held it in until my lungs were going to burst. I went in for a 2nd hit, this time getting an equally large hit. Normally I cannot take more than 2 hits but I went in for the third and got a decent hit this time as well.

I knew something big was about to happen as soon as I expelled my third hit, I lay back and closed my eyes. The music played with my closed eye visuals as it usually does, but then everything went black and then a sudden burst of white light appeared. I was looking down at myself lying on the bed from very high up above everything. It was if my mental self was floating in space, where neither time nor space existed, looking down upon my physical self as it actually was.

It is very hard to put into words what happened next.

“I” was floating in a place where “I” was infinite possibilities, everything and nothing was possible. I was not scared. Nothing existed but my mind in a vast ocean or abyss of ideas and hope and love and nothingness all at the same time.

I became aware of a being in front of me. It beckoned me to follow, it was playful and mysterious at the same time. It was not a human; it was a misty representation of a small being. It never fully revealed itself to me but I knew it was there. It appeared out of water, out of air, or of smoke and would beckon me to follow it, show me where to go, and then vanish all together.

Existing in this manner was the most joyful, religious, loving, happy, beautiful experience I have ever felt. I knew when the being would appear before it appeared, we were communicating on a non-verbal level, but communicating non the less. I was overwhelmed, forgot that I had taken DMT, forgot that I even existed outside of this place.

A sudden gasp of breath from my body grounded me a bit, I opened my eyes, saw my boyfriend sitting beside me, remembered that I was tripping and then before I knew it I had closed my eyes and was transported back to the world that the DMT had created.

The world began to vanish and return to musical rhythmic designs behind closed eyes. I opened my eyes and came down as usual, trying to wrap my mind around what had just happened. I felt reborn. I realized I was crying, in fact what had just happened led to me involuntarily crying for the next hour or so.

I felt that what I experienced is life after death, there was no fear, no war, no hurting, just infinite possibilities and my soul floating around, mingling with god or an entity or maybe just myself. DMT is amazing. LOVE. LIGHT. DMT.

Last edited:
Last year, I had what felt like a meeting with you during a smoked MPT experience, where we forgave each other and I finally saw you as the person I knew for many years before the dark times.

Please, elaborate on this experience if it is not too much! This religious psychonaut is intrigued

I wrote about it here.

Thanks Priest. It was the first time I lost a dear IRL friend. 2 years later I still sometimes get hit with a terrible sense of loss and missing her.

Great report SM. I'm glad you felt compassion and love for your friend. It's when people are the most unlovable, that they need love the most. It's very difficult.

Thankyou for sharing your story.

You're welcome. Probably very few still here remember when she was a BLer/mod. But she needed a Shrine entry and now she has one. :) She's been on my mind a lot lately.

She was loved by many, thank you for putting it into words. She did give the best hugs, didn't she?

<3 <3 <3

She was loved by many, thank you for putting it into words. She did give the best hugs, didn't she?

<3 <3 <3

Hey, C, long time no see. <3 I'm never on FB anymore you probably noticed so haven't seen anything from you in quite some time.

Yeah definitely the best hugs.

Thanks for writing this up. You put it better than I could.
After being married to her and living together for 10 years I can’t find the words to describe my experience with her. There were many highs and many lows. For a long time I resented her, even after she passed, it became hard to remember the good times. But those feelings are fading and my love for her shines through.
Today is her birthday, I’m burning a candle for her. Like a flame she burned bright but eventually burned out (a bit too soon)
RIP Erin. I love you and miss you.

I wasn't sure if you'd ever see this, I'm glad you liked it. ❤ I forgot it was her birthday today...

You can't burn out if you're never on fire <3

I'm so sorry for your loss guys, but especially you Delsyd. Thinking about your loss is making me cry and I'm not even high.

Last edited: