• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Lestat / Limpet_Chicken

I'm incredibly saddened to hear this, but in all honesty I feared this was the case when he stopped returning my messages. I just felt something one day and desperately hoped he got away somewhere or took a break or anything else. I know I never met him, but he did a lot for me in the unfortunately short time I've known him.

I remember I just PMd him one day a few years ago after reading one of his fantastically long chemistry lectures of a post (that I always enjoyed). He knew so much and I wanted just a fraction of his nigh-endless scientific knowledge. He responded with his trademark British wit and explained so many things, answering any question I could think of in great detail. I still have the links to the college textbooks he found for me, one of them was his and he gave me his own code for it. He was a good, kind man who took the time to share things with me, just a random person he didn't know and had no obligation to educate. But he did, and it stuck with me.

I miss you man. I hope you're resting peacefully.

I used to love hearing from him once in a while on the forums, his posts were always very insightful and had such an authentic sort of prose style, I could always tell a post of his without reading the name.

We had several wonderful interactions here over many, many years, and I wish I could have called him more than just a passing acquaintance.

One of the most memorable contributors to Bluelight, certainly. R.I.P. My condolences to those who were closer to Lestat than I.

Damn... Lots of sadness this week. I had a bad feeling about Limpet. He seemed to enjoy his high dose rare opioids and that alone brings with it a certain level of risk.

Please know thanks to Limpet I was able to procure my own opiates when I needed them, I began my time here disliking him and over time his willingness to share valuable information changed my tone. I’ll miss him :(

-GC

Well, fuck. RIP. He was another one I wondered where he'd gotten to, people said a spat with the mods but I don't think that would've kept him away so long, so I kinda wondered. Always sad to have such suspicions confirmed. He was tl;dr like me so there was a certain fellowship there, lol, but on a more serious note, really smart dude who I and am sure others learned from. He will be missed.

RIP. Another person who had no idea I learned from his posts. I hope when people post from the heart and soul they realize the info is out there valuable and helpful. Been reading his posts for years as I research here. The knowledge becomes part of us. I hope his family and loved ones are ok.

I had just read the post about being hard to come back to BL. I think we all feel it.

Last edited:
I had been wondering where he was. I'm so saddened to hear this. LC was one of a kind, truly brilliant, and his posts were some of the most enjoyable of anyone who has ever posted here. The man was an absolutely goldmine of knowledge and insight. He will be missed. ♥️

I am truly saddened to hear this news.
My condolences to his family and friends.

We have lost WAY too many of our Bluelight family as of late.

This “pandemic “ and “lockdown” has really fucked us all up.
We are not the only ones losing family.
The impact that all of this has had on people is devastating.

We need to pull close together like never before.
We can help one another.
I am here if anyone needs to talk.
I care and I love you guys.

Rest In Peace my brother.

Hey Painful One, nice to see you post, even if not under the best of circumstances. Hope you're doing well.

The guy was an absolute BL legend.RIP man. So.sad too see you go.xx

<3

This is heartbreaking. :( LC was such a harsh and beautiful person.

I had been wondering where he was. I'm so saddened to hear this. LC was one of a kind, truly brilliant, and his posts were some of the most enjoyable of anyone who has ever posted here. The man was an absolutely goldmine of knowledge and insight. He will be missed. ♥️

Hey Painful One, nice to see you post, even if not under the best of circumstances. Hope you're doing well.
Thank you Love!
I am doing good. Just busy helping family with some surgeries and injuries.
I have been exhausted and just have not had time to chat much.
I hope you are well also my dear friend.

Keep on Rocking friends. Keep going.

Love you guys! ❤️👍

Thank you Love!
I am doing good. Just busy helping family with some surgeries and injuries.
I have been exhausted and just have not had time to chat much.
I hope you are well also my dear friend.

Keep on Rocking friends. Keep going.

Love you guys! ❤️👍

Nice to see you around, glad to hear you're doing well 💕 missed ya!

I've definitely been better, but hey that's usually what brings me back here
*nods head in agreement

Yeah, me too.
It has been a bad 2 years.

stay close sweetheart.
We will get through things.

It sure is good to have friends here.

My heart is ❤️‍🩹 today 🤧😪 it comes and goes in waves 🌊 towels for the snotty nose 👃 gutted…😔 if only I could say goodbye