• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Dextermeth

Every so often, I venture to the BL shrine with an anxious heart. I'm truly bummed to see Dex's name here. :(

Wow, missed this :(

An avatar found in almost every thread, and a helpful presence. Though I didn't talk to the guy much directly he wasn't was easy to miss.

Epileptic seizure though? Not particularly high on the list of things that kill recreational (or non) drug users, if this is considered impolite to query just ignore me, but did it have to do with his namesake?

If you believed in an after-life I hope you made it safely - go trip with Dr. Shulgin. If not, you'll be missed back here regardless.

I've always found this quote by Bertrand Russell (if you don't know who he is, it should be noted he's not alive either) comforting...:

The past alone is truly real: the present is but a painful, struggling birth into the immutable being of what is no longer. Only the dead exist fully. The lives of the living are fragmentary, doubtful, and subject to change; but the lives of the dead are complete, free from the sway of Time, the all but omnipotent lord of the world. Their failures and successes, their hopes and fears, their joys and pains, have become eternal—our efforts cannot now abate one jot of them. Sorrows long buried in the grave, tragedies of which only a fading memory remains, loves immortalized by Death's hallowing touch these have a power, a magic, an untroubled calm, to which no present can attain. ...On the banks of the river of Time, the sad procession of human generations is marching slowly to the grave; in the quiet country of the Past, the march is ended, the tired wanderers rest, and the weeping is hushed.

just saw this... a letter from the person who got Tim's liver after he died.

10922861_10152601045367894_2532927890652716890_n.jpg

^^^
That's amazing. Dexter changing lives even after he leaves what a guy!

Fucking awesome. Glad his liver was still kickin and someone lives in spite of his tragic death! In death there still is life :)

Man that letter is just so amazing.... I know someone got my fathers corneas after he passed, I wish I could get such a letter.

BTW everyone should make sure they are an organ donor. I am, make sure you have that little heart on your license. You could die in a car accident or who knows what not just from drugs, and you could completely save someones life. There is no reason not to be one.

Tim is just more amazing that he was one, and gave this family their husband and father back.

i call dibs on the RIP captainballs thread

plz captain set up an automated script that will PM me the moment your heart stops

Oh fuck, I just came across this today. I don't visit BL as much as I used to, but like someone else said before, he seemed indestructible. Fuckin' great guy and I'm so proud that in his death, he gave new hope and life to another human being. There is a lot to be said about that. Dammit, man. Still want him back.....RIP. Prayers to the family.

Shit missed this. Every year there is a internet friend who dies too young. RIP dextermeth.

I assumed he died off of benzo withdrawal but seeing his last post one of those MDPV-style RC's seems more likely , a lot of hardcore (heroin users) consider them as half-drugs not worth mentioning because they are so available , let's not forget messing with untested compounds is just as if not more dangerous than traditional hard drugs such as heroin and cocaine.

Nah you should be thanking erich, and a joke you made about wheelchairs looking for shoes, and my lack of sleep for almost 3 days, binging on weird low-tier shit to binge on, yet am really enjoying it..

Although the aniracetam is uniquie in it's own right. totally forgot how it can be when you find the sweet spot. Btw. piracetam can abort and kill off your MXE/MXP trips if you need that to happen. I am going to delete this in a second mods. Sorry.

his last post

Last edited:
Something today has me thinking of you. We'd chat on TC for hours and you'd thank me for "setting the mood", by overloading you with youtube links of songs I was obsessed with. I'll never forget you thanking me for being genuine with you and appreciating you for who you were. You just wanted to be heard. I hope you're dancing hard up there...

For fucks sake man.

He was an old head. I always remember his avatar and witty posts. He was a regular way back when I found bluelight in 2003. I always envied his post count.

Maybe it makes me a dick but when some of the regulars pass away it really hurts me more so than the not so regulars.

I never really had an exchanges with him but when a staple of the board passes away not much one can do bit light up a cigarette and think about how lucky we are.

It's people like DexterMeth that make this board what it is. Those regulars that just keep posting, no matter if the question has been asked 100x they always chime in and their personality shines through. It keeps bluelight a place where people can turn to no matter how silly their bullshit is.

Stay strong all you old heads out there.

RIP Tim

-DaNkStErSaUcE

RIP Dexter. I have not been on Bluelight in such a long time. When I was a very active member from about 2008-2012 I remember talking with him many times. I have since got clean and just out of curiosity decided to go back on here. I have epilepsy and have grand maul seizures like twice a year. I cant believe he died. Damn man that's unlucky. I feel so bad for him and his family. Last time I had a grand maul seizure i was in a coma for 5 days and they said id probably never wake up. I woke literally 20 mins after the Dr said that. i just realize how damn lucky I am to have lived. Thank god I live in Canada and my Health Care is payed by taxes. Or else i probably would not be here.

RIP DEXTERMETH

Aww man... R.I.P.

Dexter was everywhere, you couldn't avoid his posts and it was always a pleasure to read them. He gave me (and others) incredibly smart, helpful and well-written advice. He was a good guy.

Tim,

I'm not sure how much of me you might remember, but just know that I still miss you, man. It's already been two years and I can't believe it.

You are a good guy. I'm sorry that you left us so soon.

I hope you're having a good time, wherever you are now. I'm sure you're raising hell. :)