Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Day_for_night

Furnace404

Bluelighter
Obituary

Jeff Shewchuk was one of the best friends I've ever had, and nearly 10 years ago, we met here on Bluelight. It was awesome to realize that we lived only 10 minutes away from each other. Jeff was the first person I met in real life that I knew on the internet first. He was my true friend from that moment back in 2000, and he always had my back, and I never turned my back on him.

I used to post here as a regular back then, even modding a forum, thanks to his help. I know that he helped a lot of people with their problems with drugs, and he was always there to listen to you, share a good laugh with, or listen to some fantastic music.

Jeff, many things are never going to be the same for me again. I will miss you and love you forever.

Jeff Shewchuck
1981-2010

If you cared about Jeff, do yourself a favor and listen to the Tragically Hip's album, Day For Night. It was his favorite album by his favorite band.

:( This is another very sad one...

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. May he rest in peace, and may BL be thankful for all of the effort he put into helping this site.

<3

I am absolutely devastated. I never saw this coming.

:( :( :(

You will be missed, my friend. It was a pleasure to work with you when you were an administrator, and a pleasure to chat with you as a friend.

I hope you are at peace. Much love to your family and your friends. <3

wow... batshit crazy!

i never knew him that well, but i'd met him in baltimore (i think in 2002 and/or 2003). so while i didn't know him all that well, being VERY familiar with him, his moniker, his posts, and having actually put a face to a name IRL... it makes it harder to believe. what a terrible loss.

Damn. Good person from way back :\ He will be missed.

Oh wow, this is sad :(

My thoughts go out to his friends and family <3

Wow I am so sorry to hear this Furnace :(
Much love and strength to you and his friends and family in this difficult time <3
<3 R.I.P Jeff <3

fuck, another one taken from us too early. :(

you'll be missed. much love to your family, and everyone who knew you better than i did. rest in peace man. <3

:[

RIP

I didn't know him or anything but if I'm not mistaken, wasn't he just posting in the lounge a few months ago?

RIP, sad news another person familiar to loads here has passed away. My condolences to all those who knew n loved him... :(

Oh wow. I was told to check this out by Mariposa, and am in shock.

I didn't know Jeff that well, but I did have the pleasure of working with him at a couple of Ravesafe booths, and he was a stand up guy. Knowledgeable, friendly, and a damn good DJ to boot. May he rest in peace.

My condolences to his family and friends, and especially to you Furnace.

A long time ago, I posted a question in the old Music forum, asking the name of a particular track from a set I downloaded here and if anyone knew who this Jeff Taylor dude was who compiled the set. I quite liked their style, you see. Day_for_night replied with the full track listing, nothing else.

As they say, the clever thought always comes after and it was a short time later that my brain finally caught up with me and I realised that Jeff Taylor was day_for_night. We had a chuckle. We never talked much more after that one time, but I downloaded every one of Jeff's sets after that. I truly did enjoy his style. The young man had a gift.

Quick question. I am somewhat puzzled by the small number of posts in this thread, considering how well he was known by many here. Has this thread spent any time outside of the shrine at all? Perhaps in some of the forums where day_for_night spent time or moderated?

In any event, this is a terrible loss.

My heart goes out to Jeff's family and close friends.

Rest in peace.

<3

I have no words. Sadness is a frighteningly inadequate term....

Thank you, Jeff, for being a loving part of my strange world.