• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

RIP Camden Palace

Mea culpa - I thought the place had bought the farm and having not been down there in 21 years I wasn't even aware of the restoration / rebrand. If the re - opening gets back on track but after what's happened to other venues of this nature, whether Grade 2 listed (Que Cub) or just plain arsonised (The Republic) I kind off formed the impression this was becoming an alternative option to keeping them viable.

The BBC keep including footage of clubs (not that I watch much TV let alone the shitty BBC, I just keep happening to catch it randomly), and it fucking pisses me off so much how badly they depict ecstasy/club culture.

It's always slow mo (because obviously that's what ecstasy feels/looks like) and everybody's always got a tonne of space to dance, which they do so by flailing their arms slowly above their head and slowly wriggling their hips.

FAO BBC, it looks more like this: everybody is gurning, and not many people can dance well, let alone after a decent gazza. Everywhere you look people are munted, perhaps hugging, asking if anybodies selling any pills, dabbing some MDMA or possibly in a k-hole. Those in ketamine holes, of course, can still dance, whereas those who are on tiletamine absolutely can not. This is a scientifically proven testing method.

But certainly nobody flails their fucking hands above their head and it's not in slow fucking motion.

@steewith2ees - which nights am I being reminded of from the early-mid 2000's that were at Camden Palace? Was some kind of trance night there, or possibly one of the bigger hard house nights? I never went myself.

Last edited:
The BBC keep including footage of clubs (not that I watch much TV let alone the shitty BBC, I just keep happening to catch it randomly), and it fucking pisses me off so much how badly they depict ecstasy/club culture.

It's always slow mo (because obviously that's what ecstasy feels/looks like) and everybody's always got a tonne of space to dance, which they do so by flailing their arms slowly above their head and slowly wriggling their hips.

FAO BBC, it looks more like this: everybody is gurning, and not many people can dance well, let alone after a decent gazza. Everywhere you look people are munted, perhaps hugging, asking if anybodies selling any pills, dabbing some MDMA or possibly in a k-hole. Those in ketamine holes, of course, can still dance, whereas those who are on tiletamine absolutely can not. This is a scientifically proven testing method.

But certainly nobody flails their fucking hands above their head and it's not in slow fucking motion.

@steewith2ees - which nights am I being reminded of from the early-mid 2000's that were at Camden Palace? Was some kind of trance night there, or possibly one of the bigger hard house nights? I never went myself.

Sure you weren't watching an old episode of Top of the Pops? 😆

I used to go there in 1999. It was called Peach and they played uplifting trance. God, I miss those days.

Fuck mate regardless of my standard ignorance which while very much my SOP and not personal is not only, as ever, without excuse, I also failed to capitalise on the chance to continue a rave related thread - a thread which while started in good faith should never been inflicted on the ever patient members who have had to read my obsessive rants for years now despite my relapse curbing my dancing to the extent that it would take a miracle for me to be able to ever get out *again (as I was quickly corrected about the club not being closed after all).

*My 37th B'Day present from Scotch - VIP tickets to Godskitchens 'The Last Dance' was not only the best night out I have had since fucking back up again, it turned out to be one of the best nights I have ever had. For start the thing was about as Godskitchen to fuck as could be possible be - following the launch of the Friday nights in April 1998 I tried to get over at least once a month while dancing full time, the last occasion being the 'Midnight With Morillo' NYE party they had in AIR 2004/2005, my last rave before descending into heroin addiction for the first time and despite the 11 year lapse and the nights return to The Institute following the loss of Gibb St. venue it was as if it was still 2002 in every way possible. I was acutely aware of how lucky I was to be there in the first place and how I may never get out again so after my usual party of Rx of a pre - club gram of speed to ensure I was on full form by opening, my half g. or so of mud in 3 home made Ees I flipped the effort with 200ug of penny acid for the first time in my life, taken at 3am to ensure I would be tripping balls for J00F. The last 2 hours were the highest I have ever been in my life and were utterly amazing and it is this sort of paragraph which I have managed to avoid spamming members with for sometime now and it only took a stone (left over from an all day junk tramp out on the sofa) and the latest post to open the floodgates.

As I have only ever been to Moondance and Clockwork Orange at the venue in the late 90's, I totally forgot about Peach which despite having not attended seemed proper rated and if not for chrispche would have been completely forgotten on my part.

Rave on...