View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Ringing in ears / Dizziness for days after big trip

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I’ve noticed a couple of times that I have what can only be described as a ringing in my ears and a slight dizziness for a few days after a very large and intense LSD trip. It’s noticeable and not really annoying except for that I can’t really concentrate on doing any work or reading or watching TV.

I am wondering if it is actually anything to to do with LSD or maybe something to do with the combination of stopping meth and antipsychotics some days prior to tripping. It does tend to go away if I smoke some meth in the days following a trip so that makes me thing it’s some dopaminergic side effect of something I’m doing or taking (or temporarily stopping taking).

It might also be temporary Tinnitus.
Do you listen to loud music during the trip?

It might also be temporary Tinnitus.
Do you listen to loud music during the trip?
No. I like everything low key. I definitely play plenty of music and sometimes in headphones but not loud. But then again who really knows what you are doing in the middle of a trip?

That would be my guess, I get tinnitus too on ketamine and some dissos, never had it last afterwards though. I don't think it's that rare of an occurrence
Thanks man. That’s really kind of a relief to to think that’s what it is. Anyway it went away after a few days when I finally tried a bit of meth. I’ll do a bit of reading and try and find any info on ket and tinnitus.

I couldn’t find anything on Ketamine causing tinnitus - in fact it is being researched as a cure for it. However I did find stuff saying that LSD and especially DMT might cause ongoing tinnitus.

is it possible that you already have tinnitus and that you're just more aware of it now when you normally aren't?

is it possible that you already have tinnitus and that you're just more aware of it now when you normally aren't?
That’s possible. Although it’s been really noticeable immediately after these acid/ket binges lately. I’ll be going a while straight I think and can assess what it’s like under normal conditions.

Thanks man. That’s really kind of a relief to to think that’s what it is. Anyway it went away after a few days when I finally tried a bit of meth. I’ll do a bit of reading and try and find any info on ket and tinnitus.
I have tinnitus, but it never came from ket and I told you the level of sustained use.

Glad your symptoms have faded. I felt for the off, nothing likely worth worrying about longterm. Somethings temporary, non serious stuff is scary but fades quickly, especially when there’s no real major cause of injury.

My tinnitus developed suddenly in November 2013 as a direct result of a Coxsackie Virus in my left ear.

I quickly cleared the virus but had tinnitus from then after to now.

My other feeling, it may well be a different way the LSD is working it’s way though your system, since you “cheated” it lol you buggar.

More like submerged in a way, kept there. So maybe it had to manifest in a different way.

I can experience major fatigue after trips I trip fully on, I wouldn’t rule out the chance it was an untypical post heavy dose expression.

3 mg’s plus should see anybody certainly me in A & E on a panic attack. So there should, on paper, in my mind, be some short, but unlpleasant and ultimately harmless respercussion.

Best not. To fret, but of course like me with my mega complex system of deciphering what exactly has affected my allergies, I can relate to the need to brainstorm, consider every conceivable angle, to sleep on it and listen to your gut and others.

Im sorry I didn’t offer a word of support then, have been quite unstable mentally a bit, record sleep dep, new mattress on way this one’s terrible, can’t bear to be in or on it.

And major rebound anxiety fro sharp Benzo initial drop, add 250 to 300 mg’s THC im a little potty I’ll admit.

But @Perforated was wanting to say at that the time you posted- of ALL the things, don’t beat yourself. You half zero intentions of harm to others, just to focus on better caring for yourself now.

But waste of money and acid. No way. All that matters is how you feel, and are going.

It’s all a journey, mistakes are vital in this that process.

I am impressed again though, how well you’ve maintained your natural persona, and positively, progressively recovered emotionally and mentally.

The acid maybe passed you by invisible but not unimpactfully.

Hope you brighten up quickly even more, lost memory in a week, but useful lessons learned.

Big respect to you though again, the courage to hold tough, jump back on your feet from wallows of doom on occasion.

Have an even more settled weekend, and good luck navigating a more rewarding, less path forward, sincerely.

It could be something to do with your meds. When I have stopped antidepressants before I get something similiar. It could have something to do with changes in neurotransmitters and with LSD affecting those, there could be some interplay there as well.

Tinnitus is actually linked to mental illness and isnt just physical so it could simply be a symptom of what you may know already exists based on your history. Tied in with your taking antipsychotics, it could be linked.

Other things play a factor too like blood circulation, emotional stress, certain medications but nothing is really mentioned on antipsychotics to counter abovementioned.

I just wanted to pop in and say that I've had tinnitus my whole life, quite bad. For me LSD has never made it worse. There is no connection there for me personally.

Dizziness is a whole other subject.

If I were you @Perforated I would probably be looking at my blood pressure as the cause. But that's just me, my body, and my experience.

There is a major connection in the severity of my tinnitus and my high blood pressure. Dizziness also falls into that diagnosis.

I can name a handful of drugs that make my tinnitus outright worse, but LSD is definitely not one of them.

Then again, I've never paid attention to my tinnitus during trips. Partly because I was born with the shit and I'm used to it and/or partly because I'm tripping balls and rarely ever in silence, always have music. Meh, IDK.

just my speculative 2 cents

That’s possible. Although it’s been really noticeable immediately after these acid/ket binges lately. I’ll be going a while straight I think and can assess what it’s like under normal conditions.
Could always be a coincidence. As I said, simple viral infection caused my case.

Also temporary ringing from those earlier 90’s raves, 40 K system for kids Evolution
, 80 k for Helter skelter, and Dreamscape the King of them all, 100 K sound system..

Our ears would be ringing like Crazy on leaving these raves at 6 am Sunday morn, fading over 3 days.

Easy 300 mg’s THC today again and 90 grams kava too pretty wasted, but acid break good atm, like, 10 whole days ago lol.

I just wanted to pop in and say that I've had tinnitus my whole life, quite bad. For me LSD has never made it worse. There is no connection there for me personally.

Dizziness is a whole other subject.

If I were you @Perforated I would probably be looking at my blood pressure as the cause. But that's just me, my body, and my experience.

There is a major connection in the severity of my tinnitus and my high blood pressure. Dizziness also falls into that diagnosis.

I can name a handful of drugs that make my tinnitus outright worse, but LSD is definitely not one of them.

Then again, I've never paid attention to my tinnitus during trips. Partly because I was born with the shit and I'm used to it and/or partly because I'm tripping balls and rarely ever in silence, always have music. Meh, IDK.

just my speculative 2 cents
Could be that too. Over the last six months my BP has gone from a ,lifetime of spot-on normal to Hypertensive Level 2. Even when I’m not on stims. It’s a worry.