Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

News Rick Doblin (created MAPS) on JRE podcast

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member

some of you may appreciate this, at the very least no matter your opinion of Joe Rogan it's a monumental occasion

(not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else, mods feel free to move)

How about all the maps therapists who raped their clients and rick doblin silent as fuck on that. TBH fuck them lol hes a shady piece of shit

How about all the maps therapists who raped their clients and rick doblin silent as fuck on that. TBH fuck them lol hes a shady piece of shit
I'd need to see some hard evidence of that before I believed it.

I also wouldn't blame him for maybe not speaking about it. That's how things like that work, they call it "politics"

I'd need to see some hard evidence of that before I believed it.

I also wouldn't blame him for maybe not speaking about it. That's how things like that work, they call it "politics"

It went further than not speaking, they denied the worst of it till very shortly after the story got MSM coverage earlier this year.

Did he sell you some pills and then doxx you to the FBI?
would fit a pattern..
Open Letter to MAPS Canada, MAPS, and MAPS PBC on Data Privacy and Doxxing

Numerous people, including myself, have critiqued this approach as relying on the framework of dominant culture (and the longstanding ills of capitalism, white supremacism, patriarchy, and industrial civilization), thereby reproducing the destructive logic of these systems.

Doblin has consistently downplayed and dismissed these critiques. Additionally, under Doblin’s decades-long leadership, MAPS has failed to engage with assertions that its approach is little more than “respectability politics” meant to demonstrate that values within the “psychedelic community” are not at odds, but are in fact continuous with those of dominant culture. This approach endangers those of us who are commonly marginalized, brutalized, and murdered within dominant culture—and alienates us within psychedelic spaces that we may have sought out in pursuit of alternative cultural havens.

Numerous people, including myself, have critiqued this approach as relying on the framework of dominant culture (and the longstanding ills of capitalism, white supremacism, patriarchy, and industrial civilization), thereby reproducing the destructive logic of these systems.

Doblin has consistently downplayed and dismissed these critiques. Additionally, under Doblin’s decades-long leadership, MAPS has failed to engage with assertions that its approach is little more than “respectability politics” meant to demonstrate that values within the “psychedelic community” are not at odds, but are in fact continuous with those of dominant culture. This approach endangers those of us who are commonly marginalized, brutalized, and murdered within dominant culture—and alienates us within psychedelic spaces that we may have sought out in pursuit of alternative cultural havens.
You raise some great points here.

I see psychedelics as better legal than illegal, but I don't know if medical legalization for the few is truly better than it being far more widely available but black-market only.
Drugs that are only available medically tend to be far more difficult to obtain than drugs that are just straight up illegal in some cases.

unfortunately the primary way illicit drugs come to be legitimatized again is through medicalization

and this legitimatization can certainly do wonders for undoing the brain washing about moralistic attitudes towards drug use. I know many people irl who have come to realize that psychedelics offer real value to peoples lives. and these aren’t ‘druggies’, these people come from all walks of life (I know a truck driver, a construction worker, and some 9-5ers who have come around on the issue)

Given that medicalization can lead to fuller liberalization culminating in recreational sales (using cannabis as a case study) I think the deeper question to be asking is not “is medicalization bad?” but rather “is this particular model of medicalization bad?”

and in my opinion, MAPS has not put forward a convincing argument that their model will go smoothly.

so in conclusion, I think that medical psychedelics are a good thing (provided we don’t stop pushing for full legalization, and that we do the same for other drug classes). But I do not think MAPS are the right people to be leading the charge in this campaign

unfortunately the primary way illicit drugs come to be legitimatized again is through medicalization

and this legitimatization can certainly do wonders for undoing the brain washing about moralistic attitudes towards drug use. I know many people irl who have come to realize that psychedelics offer real value to peoples lives. and these aren’t ‘druggies’, these people come from all walks of life (I know a truck driver, a construction worker, and some 9-5ers who have come around on the issue)

Given that medicalization can lead to fuller liberalization culminating in recreational sales (using cannabis as a case study) I think the deeper question to be asking is not “is medicalization bad?” but rather “is this particular model of medicalization bad?”

and in my opinion, MAPS has not put forward a convincing argument that their model will go smoothly.

so in conclusion, I think that medical psychedelics are a good thing (provided we don’t stop pushing for full legalization, and that we do the same for other drug classes). But I do not think MAPS are the right people to be leading the charge in this campaign
Great points.
I agree with everything you laid out here.

now even from a political sense MAPS is failing IMO, and doing so by going beyond a passive silence into an active and way-too blatant coverup.

Last edited:
Do you mean this?

while Rick was not the narc here, he really acted like a weasel and a putz in his defense of the RAT

Poor Rick is just off his tits on MDMA and wants to hug everyone LOL

That aside, is this asshole on the mic actually the guy who ratted out Lenord Piccard ? Fuck, he even looks like a stereotypical villain.....and he was involved in MK Ultra ? people really dont understand how evil MK ultra is because the intel agencies have run so much disinformation and distraction material about it. It really is one of the most evil things on earth, and is truly terrifying when you research it in depth (occult mind control via forced mind fragmentation on children).

Yup, the good news is Lenord is out, too little too late but far better than nothing I would guess.\

Released after serving 20 years of two life sentences.

I cant find this Native American MKULTRA stuff yet but, there is so much other shit too I am spread thin over MAPS corruption.

Mark McCloud sounds like one serious mofo and Id be surprised if he was talking shit about the CIA roots in this.

While he shouldn’t of done time (no one should for these things..) it should be mentioned Pickard was no saint. Karma is real folks, in the world of psychedelics it matters more than ever. He ratted on prior occasions to save himself and kept synthing LSD instead of lying low like a sane person might do.

Todd was obviously a psychopath but who do you know would hang around a MF like that?..

-GC

well Mark kept saying they were best friends, what comes around is all around

tumblr_nbqhcjsKkZ1sffy5lo2_1280.gif