• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Rick and Morty

rate this show

• Total voters
My favourite animated series! Each episode is a fucking ride on their own and I love how they are basically trying to be anti-pc which makes this show what it is.

Wow this show has gone rapidly down-hill. I laughed in less than half of Season 4's episodes. It's become super formulaic and repetitive. The characters are no longer interesting. Comedy has been replaced with gratuitous cartoon violence.

Season 1 > Season 2 >> Season 3 >>> Season 4

Your opinion has been noted.

I personally found the first few episodes kinda dull.

I once watched a handful of episodes in a bad k-hole and didn't laugh once.

Still one of the best shows out there imo.

Bella Figura said:
Still one of the best shows out there imo.

It's better than a lot of television, I guess. I don't really watch TV.

I thought 3 episodes in season 4 were worthy of the first two seasons... The Vat of Acid Episode, Rattlestar Ricklactica & Edge of Tomorty: Rick Die Rickpeat.

The first two seasons were brilliant. I'm just saying the quality has declined a lot.

I didn't find season 4 that bad though, but yes it's a common occurrence these days.
It's a bad writers syndrome, at some point writers are out of ideas or didn't plan to run for that long and it reflects in the writing...

Quantity over quality has literally killed the art of TV making, I fucking hate Netflix for it, they started this whole quantity over quality business model and everybody is following them, leading to extremely low standards and the very rare decent release.
People were saying that we were in the golden age of TV a couple years ago, well, I believe that ended around 2016-2017 maybe.
Sorry for being so pissed about this, wrong topic for it too, but I have always loved TV shows and it hurts.

If you like Rick & Morty and you haven't already seen it, check out Solar Opposites by Justin Roiland (voice of Rick/Morty). It is the closest thing to R&M. Season 1 of Solar is better than season 4 of Rick & Morty IMO.

I vaguely agree with the decline in writing, and I have had a sense that writing the show is a bit challenging for them.
That being said I still really enjoyed season 4 even though it is the worst of them so far. It always was pretty formulaic though. It still throws me for more loops than your average show. Ive seen seasons 1 and 2 so many times now I would swallow just about anything new they put out at this point......