• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Reusing Sterile Water Ampoule Within A Few Hours for Injection

CyborgZero

Bluelighter
:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?

"Sterile Water for Injection USP"

It says single use. I am just wondering if like 4 hrs after I use it I can use it again. It's just me using it and I used a clean needle to draw the water as always.

Would prefer answer A$AP ;)

It's generally advised never to re use water - resources that talk about water safety when injecting will often list this as the least preferable option. The major risk is contamination with blood borne viruses, but obviously this is a risk that comes from sharing ampoules, not reusing them alone.

The major thing you should be concerned about is that water that has been standing can grow a lot of bacteria really quickly - if the ampoule has been opened, it is no longer sterile and may have a dangerously high bacterial content. If you don't have a new ampoule, your best bet is to boil and cool water from the tap instead of reusing the ampoule.

It's generally advised never to re use water - resources that talk about water safety when injecting will often list this as the least preferable option. The major risk is contamination with blood borne viruses, but obviously this is a risk that comes from sharing ampoules, not reusing them alone.

The major thing you should be concerned about is that water that has been standing can grow a lot of bacteria really quickly - if the ampoule has been opened, it is no longer sterile and may have a dangerously high bacterial content. If you don't have a new ampoule, your best bet is to boil and cool water from the tap instead of reusing the ampoule.
Yeah but I've read it takes 12 hours for the bacteria to start growing in a glass of water. I'm not sure if that changes your answer or not.

Honestly, you're probably being over precautous which isn't a bad thing. Unless you have access to other sterile water ampoules I'd say you're probably safer using one that's been used by yourself with a clean hype than just using any old water. Most users will grab bottles of water from anywhere, I've even seen people suck up rain water off leaves to shoot there dope with, which is horrible, but I'm just trying to illustrate a point.