• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc "rerovering"psychotic and cannabis

constipated99

Greenlighter
okay guyz and lovely girl :p
wanst sure if my should put this here but i consider it hard reduction and a maybe hard to know topic.
so i was psycotic for some time due to a bad acid trip of which i confessed to my family and i consulted a psychiatry{and 1 more} and what diagnosed what they called toxic psychosis and that kind of psychosis that they say is lets say a mild one.
now before 20 days after my last visit to my doctor he told me that my main course is done,my medication its stabilized on 10mg Sycrest a day(Asenapine} a day,a drug wich however have to take almost permantly and most important for me {since she is a progressive doctor} that i can smoke some joints a month{but not everyday like i used to ofcourse} from here.
now the problem:
i have smoked since then 7 or 8 joints{i know over overcxeed but i plan not to) and i was really anxious and got paranoid that 4 times the other 4 not but i used a benzo
now the question and please answer it friends they can:
i plan on smoking 5-6 moints a month and i wonder if its preferable to use a benzo and be almost paraonia free or smoke on their acompied from paranoia and anxiety makes a difference for my mental health.
note that i would advice my doctor{if she knw}but i have insurance problems and might see him after 3 or 4 months and i dont have a benzo addiction problem{prescribed 3 times at the past tapered out and never bought from black market or anything} and wont get addicted.
if my mental health gets worsened by being paranoid during the cannabis high i believe i use you use benzos if is not affected by that fact i should reduce even the 4-5 joints i was so glad i could smoke and return to some shitty substances like phenibut.
your lights!

I find it highly questionable, no pun intended, that a psych doctor would endorse the use of cannabis when treating a patient with ongoing symptoms of psychosis.

So you never experienced any such psychotic symptoms prior to this "bad trip"? Might I ask you age, as well? That and more info would help, although I'm not entirely sure what you're hoping to gain from this thread. Personally, if cannabis was exacerbating any unpleasant symptoms, I'd stop using it. Which I did, actually, aside from occasional, tiny puffs off vape pens with BHO. Any more than that, and I become very uncomfortable at best, floridly psychotic at worst.

Weed doesn't mix well with a mind prone to psychotic episodes. If you have access to medical marijuana and can get the CBD strains like Charlotte's Web or AC/DC or B.C. CBD etc, you could probably use those without issue. They barely have any THC and are packed full of CBD which has anti-psychotic properties to counteract the psychotomimetic effects that THC causes in some people.

Weed doesn't make me psychotic but it tends to make me anxious and paranoid so i've been trying to curtail my use of it as I don't need to feel more anxious than I already am. I still love the high for whatever reason even though my mental health suffers because of it so I can understand the pull you feel to smoke up, however, it's really best to pass on it if your mind isn't compatible with a certain drug. I was abstinent from it for a couple months and just recently started smoking a bit again and I noticed immediately my mental wellbeing goes downhill, I get anxious and paranoid on it and depressed the next day once its worn off.

I'm sorry to hear you're on one of those anti-psychotics, OP. Blocking dopamine and HT2a receptors seem to block all ability to feel contentment and have imagination.

Why are you smoking these joints if they make you paranoid and anxious? Yeah, I know, they did the same to me and it took ten years to convince me it was stupid to keep trying, but I'm just pointing out, why smoke it if it isn't fun?

It's also very very contra-indicated for those prone to, or have had in the past, psychotic episodes. If your doctor decides you are stable enough for a joint or two once a month, that's a very good sign for your mental health. But again, why risk it if you get no benefit?

If your only other med is the asenapine, a benzodiazepine isn't going to hurt you. (If you were a new user of asenapine, that's gonna be way too much sedation.) You could probably get away with using one-off low doses of a benzo before a joint if you want to give it a whirl. But you're taking a risk with your mental health after you've made a lot of progress, and I wouldn't start scheduling your monthly pot-allotment just yet.