• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

reply to an anonymous post last night. I don't know how to reply back.

C

ClarissaAnonymous

Hi,

I'm so sorry. I read FAQ's & searched for how to reply to your replies but can't find anything. I don't know much about computers. I can't figure it out.

I'm worried that if I knew she was thinking of suicide & does it that I will get in trouble because I knew. That's the reason for the Anonymous post.

Thank you very much for all 3 of you answering. I appreciate it VERY much!!!! I have plans to go over to her house in a little while to babysit her children. I will try to get her to open up so I can find out her intentions. I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier. I have the flu & fell asleep early last night.

I hope you get this. Your information is VERY helpful & I'm grateful to you for your honesty!!!! I will take some of her meds & dole them out to her if I think she's in any danger. thank you so much for your help!!! I wish I could take my friend's pain away. It's driving her crazy.

Take care!!!

I left another post, but glad your going to check on her. U would go earlier than planned so it doesn't turn out that she planned for you to find her OD when you came by to watch the children.

She's suicidal and has kids!? I don't want to be mean, but once you have kids, all your problems go on the back burner, and your kids become your main focus. Maybe remind her how important she is to her kids, how much they love her, and how much they'll miss her. Also you know her better than us, but is she the type of person to open up, or is she the type to say everything's OK, when its obviously not? Like I said last night, if there's any sign of suicidal tendencies, take her meds and dispense them to her as she needs. Although she can always use a different method to off herself, you're taking away one of the most likely ways she would do it. Good luck hun!

- Hopeless Soul

Suicide is a hard thing to deal with. I don't have kids so I wouldn't be able to comment but I have dealt with my own issues and the only way you can get through it is through self will. If you really want to end your life nobody is going to stop you. So it DOES take intervention from those closest to the person at risk. calling 911 is always an option.

Wow... I wish I could reach through cyber space and give you a HUG. You are a good friend, but Darling, this is bigger than you.

Sadly, as posters above have stated, no one can prevent another's suicide.

I suffer with decades of chronic pain. I have a plan in place to hit the exit when I can no longer fight the good fight. Like MD said, we must WILL ourselves to face another day.

You cannot do that for your friend. You can intervene with the best of intentions, but ultimately without professional intervention, the burden is far too great to place upon your shoulders. Seventy years ago (yep) my grandmother's neighbor shot herself precisely when she knew my granny would discover the suicide. She was protecting her small son and husband from the grizzly site, but it scarred my granny for the longest day she lived.

Be safe.

Sometimes professional's are the best option, and sometimes a good reminder is all you need. You have to gauge how serious her intent is. You know what number to dial if its getting out of control.

- Hopeless Soul

:) Hey sweetie...I just this morning saw your thread to DixiChik. I tried to respond, but it seems to have disappeared. It could just be me, not fully awake!

I am so sorry for both you and your friend. I'm not certain how much more you can do for her. I hesitate to suggest "bring her into your place". You may risk your own security if she acts out in your apartment.

It sounds as though she has MUCH to deal with. Does she have a therapist? That's first and foremost, to help her deal with her mental issues (and apparent familial issues, which I can relate to) Surely there is some type of Regional Mental Health Center that would not cost much at all. I think you should start there.

This situation seems quite volatile...beyond my ability to help with. If she is unable to control her actions, regardless of emotional impact, she is a danger to herself and quite frankly, to YOU. Again, please be safe.