• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Replacing alcohol with Fentanyl

^ Good one.

"Acamprosate, sold under the brand name Campral is a medication used along with counselling in the treatment of alcohol dependence.

It can stabilize the chemical balance in the brain that would otherwise be disrupted by alcohol withdrawal. Reports indicate that acamprosate works to best advantage in combination with psychosocial support and can help facilitate reduced consumption as well as full abstinence."

I'll post a bit more on this later but I just wanted to say fentanyl caused the most insane physical dependance of my life. And it is really hard to even get well with subs or methadone. Coming off of it was worse than benzos or dope for me by quite a bit. And using it nightly is too much to not become dependent on it. I went from 300mcgs to 3 to 4mgs per dose in a month or less.

Not trying to judge anyone or anything just my honest opinion.

I'll post a bit more on this later but I just wanted to say fentanyl caused the most insane physical dependance of my life. And it is really hard to even get well with subs or methadone. Coming off of it was worse than benzos or dope for me by quite a bit. And using it nightly is too much to not become dependent on it. I went from 300mcgs to 3 to 4mgs per dose in a month or less.

Not trying to judge anyone or anything just my honest opinion.
And your honest opinion is a real life example of what received warning the OP so thank you for sharing.

Haha. Well, it looks like the answer is no. I decided to go the red pill route instead and used some 4AD (4-aco-dmt). I've used psychedelics in the past a bit and they seem to help with depression for a while (without taking it chronically), so maybe it will buy me some time. This 4AD seems to make me stronger against addiction. If it doesn't work though, I'm going to have to find something else.

The main reason why I am in such a dire situation is because I have severe social phobia, so I can't even meet people really at all, and so I'm always on my own. I know once I get over this, I won't be in need of alcohol, but I've been like this for years and it's not getting better.

Honestly I find that mushrooms at low doses can help with sleep (1-3 gram fresh cyans equivalent to 0.1-0.3 g dried equivalent to 0.5-0.75 grams of cubensis dried although it was eyeballed and cyans are definitely more sedating). Same thing with 4-aco DMT, but I'm talking really low like 2.5 mg maximum and probably 1mg or less microgram range to start. Using 5-10 mg daily starting at five and increasing to ten at most in the morning leads to a really noticeable anti depressant effect.

Edit: Definitely try 5 mg 4ad in the morning while using 2.5 mg at most at nighttime. Give it at least three days of daily use before deciding to increase the dose although lower it as needed ASAP if it feels to much rather than after three days. I think this would really help you to increase your cognative functioning as well as reduce the amount of external negative stimuli that processes in a harmful way probably allowing you to even process it in a healthy manner reducing the anxiety caused from confusion and lack of ability to process your surroundings. Even using for a week daily should lead to a really powerful and long lasting change while I see no issue in continuing the use for up to a month where it would become useless to continue using while it can be started up again if you feel the effects wear off, which should easily last 6 months as psychedelics are known to reduce cluster headaches fit that long and if I'm not mistaken alcohol cravings as well.

Last edited:
Well my plan would not be to take it every day (although that might work too, but i think it may lead to more addiction). It seems to me that the afterglow effects last a few days or more. I don't think it will help with sleep by making me sedated or anything. My sleep issues seem to be a result of my depression so I may be able to help it indirectly.

Fentanyl is a very strong opiate, more than 50-80 x stronger than morphine and very addictive. Stronger than heroin. Definitely not something worth using, not at all appropriate for your condition. It doesn't even make you euphoric. For some people under severe post surgery pains it may serve as a relief under medical supervision.

Please understand that this is a serious and dangerous medicine for you to consider no matter how much alcohol you are using. And the fact that you don't know this makes it even worse.

There're are many other ways to deal with it. Search for medical help/assistance so that you can have something more appropriate prescribed to you. Some patients use benzos during the treatment. There are different meds and you can do this right under orientation.

A lot of people die using fentanyl. There's nothing good that could come out of this situation as you'll put your life and health in danger besides getting hands to something way worse than alcohol.

Most of us have gone through very serious addiction problems reason for which I'd strongly advise you to search for something more suitable to this situation. Besides I doubt that fentanyl would make you euphoric.

You'll just add something that will be much more difficult to deal with. There are different types of meds that can help you to go through this.

Good luck and keep and touch!
Erik
^ I agree with Erik here, it's just not worth the risk without medical supervision.
I too was an extreme alcoholic for years and I contracted chronic pancreatitis from the booze so I ended up in the hospital for a week to ten days IDR,where they gave me continueous morphine and dilaudid for the extreme pain but it also helped me detox off the 1/2gal of hard liquor a day painlessly so using opiates can certainly work but now u have to look at where I'm at now, using a bundle or more of heroin a day so u gotta ask urself if it's worth the trade off? For me it was a life or death thing and I was under medical supervision inpatient in hospital. And I really don't think u should use fentanyl for this purpose, of all opiates fent is the most dangerous especially when something like hydrocodone or oxy can be used and are much safer IMO. Opiates aren't supposed to be used to detox u off of booze, something like Librium is more the is more of the standard to avoid alcohol wd. They gave it to me in jail when I was in the midst of my boozing and it worked great! I always had trouble sleeping in jail or prison but when they gave me that Librium I got a good 5-6hrs sleep which is a godsend when u want to pass time quickly in the can.
In short I would recommend against fentanyl and if u must use opiates then use something that's much weaker than fent. Just my opinion but I've been where u are kinda. Just be careful whatever u do cause we want to keep u around on earth with us for awhile buddy. Good luck and god bless!

Last edited:
There's a lot of people trying to help you.
You have now a lot of good ideas, advices and people who are willing to hear you. :)
Hope you doing better! Weekends can be difficult.
Sometimes when we are in despair we think of anything that can relieve us from the pain.
You can do this Synaps!

I honestly don't think you will become physically or psychologically addicted to psilocybin..... I doubt you'll even get rebound effects using like that and instead just make the afterglow last longer seriously like 6 months. If you feel it doesn't help stop, but I have done this for 3-7 days dosing 5-10 mg nasally mid mornings and really noticed a change in my perception and integration of negative stimuli where I did not get as worked up and felt like I could more easily have an open mind and appreciate the wonder of life more as I just noticed I was able to think of more reasons to appreciate something I enjoyed vs. not using it. I honestly suggest trying it daily as I suggested for 3-7 days and taking a five day break after and deciding then how you feel about it unless you decide to give up sooner as you are not OK with how it is affecting you as there's not a single thing that everyone benefits from its use as always one person at least won't benefit.

Yes I agree Fentanyl is very strong and so is alcohol, the only reason I advised it is that is how I got off it. By all means, if you can go through a doctor that is the #1 answer.

How did you get off it? Sorry, I'm not sure if I understood what you meant.

If you took the fentanyl, it would either kill you because you aren't opioid-tolerant or you would get addicted to it and it would make your life suck. Fentanyl is 100 times more powerful than morphine, and morphine's already one of the strongest opioids on the market (that can be obtained legally, anyway). As for the second possible outcome, the addiction would probably be harder to break than an addiction to heroin, and the addiction to fentanyl would be more likely to get you killed. Find something else to try. I personally don't have experience with drugs (and thus don't know what to suggest that wouldn't just make things worse), but have done a ton of research on most of the commonly used ones. If you must try an opioid to help you, start with kratom. Especially because kratom's easy to get, since you can just order it off of Amazon.

Perfect! ;)

That's basically what we are trying to tell.
Impossible not to get this IMO.

Don't use opiates to replace alcohol. You're just begging for an addiction, a world of pain, and an overdose. Even people who have a huge tolerance to opiates have overdosed and died from fent.

Stay safe.