Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Repairing Seretonin

miss_c

Bluelighter
I'm just wondering if there is any way to repair the seretonin in your brain? I have heard that bananas, tea and sunlight are all helpful to repair the seretonin but wasn't sure how true this is.
I also have friends that take anti-depressants such as Zoloft to help this. They are taking them so that they don't have to take 5 pills just to get high, but i'm wondering more from a medical point of view.

Any insight?

5HTP is a very handy thing to have when it comes to preparing yourself pre and post to MDMA.
Im not sure about "repairing" but it will boost serotonin levels in your brain.
5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan or 5-hydroxy-l-tryptophan) is a natural supplement that converts in the brain into serotonin. Serotonin is an important brain chemical involved in mood, behavior, appetite, and sleep. Serotonin is known as 5-HT, or 5-hydroxytryptamine, and is found in many places in the body particularly the brain, gastrointestinal system, and blood cells.

http://www.5-htp.net/

Also, do a search within this forum and you will find that the topic of 5htp has been covered many times before.

Never EVER take anti-depressants with MDMA! Please read the MDMA information at Enlighten for basic quick information. 5-HTP doesn't repair serotonin, it helps replenish it more quickly. The human body didnt evolve to release large amounts of serotonin and it takes time to replenish it to normal levels, which takes two weeks in a healthy human.

Do a search on 5HTP, 5-HTP, MDMA *depressants, for results. These questions have all been answered before.

Your friends may be a little confused taking Zoloft so they don't have to take 5 pills in a night. You may like to point them towards our Antidepressants and Recreational Drugs FAQ more importantly the section on SSRI's and MDMA interaction.

MDMA/Ecstasy (includes MDA, MDEA etc): It is NOT POSSIBLE TO ROLL while taking an SSRI! It is a COMPLETE and UTTER WASTE OF YOUR MONEY! Basically, SSRIs 'block' the part of your brain where the MDMA needs to go in order to get you high; and since MDMA can't get in there, you won't be able to get high. You might experience some weak 'speedy' effects from high doses of MDMA, but you will not be able to truly 'roll'.

Do NOT stop taking your SSRI so that you can roll. First of all, even if you stop taking it for a few days, it is unlikely that you will fully be able to roll. It takes much longer than a few days for all the SSRI (and its metabolites and effects) to leave your body (read above under 'metabolism'). Second, you can get VERY SICK (withdrawal symptoms, depression, etc) if you stop taking your medicine. I strongly suggest that you give up rolling while you are taking an SSRI.

The best way to repair as such is to take a break from drugs eat healthy and exercise. 5HTP can help to speed up the process.

^^^

My mate takes anti-depressants and still takes pills. I've told him hundreds of times that he shouldn't but he won't listen. Anyway, its works for him, but in a different way, he gets really fucked up (think somebody taking 5, but he does it with 1), and ends up passing out of it.
He even ended up in hospital one time :(

Back to your post though, some foods do help. But 5-htp is the weapon of choice, u can get it off the net easy

^^ What is he on? Is it an MAOI or an SSRI? Sounds like an MAOI to me...

^ sounds to me like SSRI's, maybe ur mate went to hospital because of serotonin syndrome - it happened to me (celexia+e+speed).

MAOI's would produce that reaction I thought... being on SSRI's would produce little to no effects while consuming MDMA I thought?

5-htp is the way.. do a search on google for it, (in australia) you can buy it online for about $38 + shipping. most places only send it to queensland. best bet would be to get a friend in queensland to buy it and then mail it to you (its not illegal to possess or own, I think its controlled sale tho)

... also for something not illegal its very hard to aquire from chemists... I rang around last week for a few hours trying to find it, usually I get hit with a tunn of questions, and then told that they have no idea what it is, or that they don't stock it. this is at valley chemists too, so you'd assume they'd stock anything which HELPS people come down from amphetamines/mdma .. not the case :(

Anti-depressants is not the answer, long term. I was oh H for several years and when I got off I was prescribed several anti-depressants to regulate serotonin levels. They can only boost serotonin short term. The more chemicals you take the more your body relies on external chemicals to produce serotonin and will eventually lose the ability to produce it on its own. Staying off drugs for awhile is the only safe answer - sorry.