• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Relapsed 4 Months Ago - Beginning Detox Today (Heroin)

endlessnameless

Bluelighter
Hey Bluelighters,

So after having had 8 months of sobriety, I fell off the wagon in mid-July and have been using for the last 4 months. I'm now 100% ready to quit. I have a script for some Diazepam 10mgs thats I'm going to pick up in a few hours but aside from that it'll be a cold turkey as that's the fastest way out. I wasn't using a massive amount, in fact I would typically smoke .2 a day for 4 days and spend the other 3 days of the week in withdrawals before getting a call and caving.

I'll go into more detail again, however I just wanted to make this thread and then come back to it along the way as a timeline of my progress.

Is there anyone out there who can enlighten me as to how long this might take? Considering its only been 4 months and it was a rather small habit do you think a week would be enough time for the acutes to be over with?

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'll add to this as the days go on.

Yo dude I can't give much advice at all I just started using, I believe u can kick it good lucky guy ᕦᶘ ᵒ㉨ᵒᶅᕤ

Yo dude I can't give much advice at all I just started using, I believe u can kick it good lucky guy ᕦᶘ ᵒ㉨ᵒᶅᕤ

I very much appreciate that buddy. I'm using some solpodine extra (contains 8mgs of codeine) for the first few days and then I'll sweat the rest out. I'm extremely thankful for the Diazepam I have though as I managed to get 60 x 10mgs. I'll wait until the anxiety really starts to take a hold and then begin taking them, as I'll likely be crawling the walls if not tomorrow then Thursday for certain.

How long have you been using and how much @Leomak? Are you smoking or shooting?

You will be good in 7 days. You would of known on day 3. Its just the after acute is kinda the hardest since you are so weak.

However if you don't have a benzo tolerance those valium will do wonders.

Eased off the codeine yesterday, feeling the sweats today. Woke up with some horrific back pain but I've been rubbing 1% Diafine Gel on it. Not as intense a withdrawal as usual, I'd say about 7/10 due to having tapered with the codeine however the next 2-3 days will be the real judge of that. It still means I'll have 7 days to go from today but they shouldnt be as bad as usual.

I do of course have 35 x 10mg Diazepam left too. Is it just me or are these things useless for sleep?
They're good for the anxiety that comes as a symptom of withdrawal, but I'd need to take at least 20 of these to get some sleep (and no, I'm not about to do that).
Dalmain too are useless for sleep. The only thing that can knock me out is Zispin (Mirtazepam), which isn't even a benzo so there's no way I can get those prescribed.

Last edited:
And just as expected, that horrific abyss of depression is beginning to rear its formidable form. From experience, I know there's little that can be done to counter this - unless anyone has any suggestions?
Sleeping isn't happening either, and while I do have my diazepam they simply won't work for sleep. Does anyone have any recommendations for that?

Looking forward to getting these next 7 days over with and seeing where I stand then, considering I can stand then.

Just feeling...very down right now, however, I know its false. The best way forward is to get out of bed every morning, shower those WD sweats off, get dressed into something comfortable and even if it just involves coming on either here or reddit, keep up communicating with people. Even catch a few online NA meetings - which to be honest really arent my thing, but sometimes at 4am theres no one else to interact with except some NA meeting in Atlanta Georgia.

Whatever problems come up between now and the end of my withdrawal process can wait, this takes priority over everything else. Also: Dealers numbers have been deleted.

Last edited:
Sorry for being so late to reply. How are you getting on with it now? Unfortunately I never noticed much correlation between intensity of cluck and duration/size of habit.... other than it generally getting worse over time.

Sleep or lack thereof makes everything so fucking hard so well done on staying strong. If you can get any zopiclone I'd recommend it. You can knock yourself out if you mix the diaz with booze but it wont be very refreshing. It might be now that justI having slept a bit will lift your mood. Either way, I guarantee that if you stay strong your mood will be much improved in a few days. Its not plain sailing from then, you'll still hit some major downs, but at least without blotting them out with heroin you'll be able to address them constructively.

Eased off the codeine yesterday, feeling the sweats today. Woke up with some horrific back pain but I've been rubbing 1% Diafine Gel on it. Not as intense a withdrawal as usual, I'd say about 7/10 due to having tapered with the codeine however the next 2-3 days will be the real judge of that. It still means I'll have 7 days to go from today but they shouldnt be as bad as usual.

I do of course have 35 x 10mg Diazepam left too. Is it just me or are these things useless for sleep?
They're good for the anxiety that comes as a symptom of withdrawal, but I'd need to take at least 20 of these to get some sleep (and no, I'm not about to do that).
Dalmain too are useless for sleep. The only thing that can knock me out is Zispin (Mirtazepam), which isn't even a benzo so there's no way I can get those prescribed.

Am I right in assuming you're from the UK? If you are, then you can get Mirtazapine prescribed no problem. Any GP will write you a prescription for Mirtazapine since it has no abuse potential. Literally just walk into any GP and tell them you used to be prescribed it for depression and you want to try it again. I would be shocked if you didn't walk out with a script for it that day.

Assuming you haven't relapsed then the worse will be over in a day or two. Hold on and push through it. When the worst of the physical has passed then get some exercise ASAP - it's the only non-drug solution I've found to the post-opiate depression. If you feel weak & weary then start by just taking a quick walk (preferably in the daylight since getting a little sun will help as well, despite the time of year) and build it up from there. You may have to force yourself at first but you will be glad that you did. Let us know how you're doing.

Thanks everyone for your replies. The bad news is I ended up using again, however the good news is tonight I came clean to my mother about my recent use and we're contacting the doctor tomorrow to see when he can get me in for an appointment. I dont want to go back on methadone or any kind of maintenance though, but is there any other way?

Has anyone here had experience with Clonidine? Theres mixed results about it online.
I feel if he can give me something to curb the sweats (which he did when I came off methadone before) and something that will knock me out at night I'll get through it. My main issue is with that no sleeping tablets seem to work. The sweats can be handled as before, but I'm worried I'm going to be up for the next two weeks. Really very concerned. Can anyone name some really strong sleeping pills? Diazepam, Diafine and all Z-drugs just dont work on me and I don't know why.

I'm happy my mother knows as that's a major weight off my chest.

UPDATE: I went down to my doctor and told him about the relapse and told him I dont want to go on methadone or any kind of Maintenance Therapy. Thankfully he's an understanding guy, so after he asked me what I want to do, I said I want to treat the symptoms for the next two weeks (insomnia and the dreaded sweats). So, he wrote me a prescription for not two but three weeks of Mirtazepam (for the insomnia as nothing else works for me) and three weeks of Oxybutrin (for the sweats; spelling may be wrong). I also got my hands on 60 x 10mg Diazepam. No excuse now.

I have my graduation tomorrow and I dont want to be sick for that so I have enough H here to stave away the withdrawals and then I'll begin the detox offically this Saturday 5th of November. I have to say I'm happy with this. I'll keep the thread updated on how it goes. I'm confident that about 10 days from Saturday I'll be feeling a lot better.

I also dont have to worry about putting on a happy face to my long-distance GF via Facebook Messenger because she's tired of my depression so we've just agreed to be friends. I hate it when people only stick around for the good times and then when you have a low point they leave your side and disappear anyway so thats another weight off my mind.

Last edited:
So with this being now Monday I'm going to begin today; the reason I didnt start on Saturday was becasue I had my graduation from college to attend and didnt want to be in a physical heap for it. There was lots of drinking and today I used what i had left for the hangover.

I have all my pills divided out and I'm looking forward to getting on with this. I'll leave updates when I can, however the plan is to knock myself out with the mirtazepam so that I dont have to feel the with withdrawals, so on occasions when I'm awake I'll stop by and let you all know how its going. Haven't touched the valium yet - going to keep them for after the initial two weeks is over (or if I need to leave the house in the coming two weeks) and if anxiety hits me then I know they're literally beside me, as are the Oxybutynin for the sweats.

I'll chime in next Monday and let you all know how its going.

Cheers,
~Endless

I took 2 x 2.5mg Oxybutynin at 11am then took 30mg of Mertazepam. The latter knocked me out until 7pm, at which point I took another 5mg Oxybutynin. No sweats so far at all which I'm happy with, and no anxiety either however its just the first day. I'll keep you guys posted. Main goal now is not buying anything from my dealer when I get paid this Thursday. Once I can do that, I can get this over and out of the way before christmas.

I'm on my phone so its a pain to write but well done for coming clean to your mum and dr. Are you at your mums for your rattle? Delete your dealers number, and block it! Get some counselling too, bug your dr.

endless how are you doing? i hope you're managing to stick to your plan. its fucking hard but its completely worth it.