• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

rejection.... who else is scared of it???

I'm definitely afraid of it - but perhaps conversely to some people, I fear/ become paranoid about rejection from close friends more so than strangers/ acquaintances who I might be trying to get to know better or pick up or whatever.

I can build things up in my head pretty easily due to the blessing (?) of a rather overactive imagination, and hence tend to picture worst case scenarios when siutations occur where I may have been overlooked an invitation or haven't heard about a social gathering. Luckily, I recognise this problem/insecurity within myself, and rarely say anything (except if I'm drunk....doh...) and then of course usually everything is fine.

I've found as I've got older rejection has scared me less as I have got to know myself and my self worth more and more and therefore know I am worth being friends with, evidenced by my close friends...I guess I'm a lot more comfortable with my social standing than I was in highschool or something.

Because of this sometimes job rejection etc gets me down more because I haven't entered the workforce yet it's something I'm not as confident with...despite having emotionally less at stake than a friendship....oh well..

Rejection? Here?!

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

*runs screaming from the thread*

Personally I think rejection is the most fucked up emotion you can experience, closely followed by regret. Tis pretty fucked how those two are so close.

Hahahahah..... Well, Pop Popavich, i guess it's time i stop talking to you like a friend and just to you to take a hike then. Mars might be far enough :)

And Muzby, matey, You've got to stop calling that rejection line quite so much........ It wasn't directed solely at you. Honest!

ksi said:
what's rejection? :)

I think it's when it's 10pm on Sunday, you've been up since Friday; someone offers you a bump and you finally say no.
(or is that willpower) (or stupidity)

fuck yeah, being able to laugh at yourself and the world in general is bloody crucial.... seriously if you cant do that you've got no hope!

haha that just reminded me of something a friend of mine told me a while ago.... apparently a girlfriend of hers told her when she was in year 7 or 8 that she knew a bullet proof way of asking that guy you like out... the deal was you ask him out and then if he says no you go "haha, just joking dickhead!" and pretend that you were having him on. i pissed my self when she told me cos its such a stupid youngen thing to do. lol. fucking cant remember if she ever used it or not...

ahhh, anyway i'm easily amused :D

[i do not endorse this kind of behaviour in anyway peoples ;) ]

Yeah rejection sucks and I'm afraid of being rejected by females. Everything comes in cycles though, I'm alot less scared about being rejected than I was 3 years ago....

I am very scared of two aspects of rejection.
Being rejected from a job
Being rejected artistically.

There are ways around this though.
1. Don't Apply
2. Don't Care

I go for number two, i dont care and now thanks to that, my number one fear is fear of being accepted. It scares me to my scary, subversive core.

Self-Assurance is something I never had much of, and in recent months I have finally gained enough confidence in myself not to constantly fear rejection. More than anything, thats been a relief.

In high school I suffered much rejection and angst socially, academically and relationship-wise. I've found over the years that in many different relationships I've constantly needed reassurance, which has mostly driven the other person away (and thus "reject" me).

Recently I made friends with someone who has shown me how to respect myself. She taught me that the only real assurance can come from knowing you're a great person and other peoples rejection or treating you badly is merely a reflection on who they are, not on your worth.

I was rejected since kindy because i didn't speak english and was 'different' and it followed me all my life pretty much. It's only been in the last 3-4 years that i actually like being "different" and in fact am quite proud of it. I don't really feel rejection if people don't like me as a person because basically it's their loss. That might sound high and mighty or something and i'm not a snobby person at all but i'll be damned if i'll let anyone make me feel bad because they don't like who i am and palms me off quickly (before they get to know me) and hey maybe after they get to know me they might not like me either but i still say "your loss" *shrugs*

I am however afraid of rejection when i'm interested in someone. I always put my self worth into that sort of thing and i shouldn't i know I'm so aware of it but it still palugues me. I think it may have something to do with my childhood. I don't know really :\

For example i will like a guy/girl (and it's worse with girls because they are harder to read when there is that 'like like' ness ) and want to ask them out or make the 1st move (which i normally do anyway because i'm quite upfront and i think i'm secretly a rejection junkie or something *sigh*) and if they say they are not interested in me that way i go off in a self pity mood going "whats wrong with me?"

which pretty much cancels out the first thing i said huh?

onetwothreefour said:
i'm resigned to it:(

That is loser talk man!!!

The one thing people (guys and girls) don't normally reject are good lookin fellows with self assured confidence. On the other hand they get turned off by people who are always down on themselves good lookin or otherwise.

Dude, you got 1 of these ingredients already.... look inside yourself and find the other.