• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Reinduction time help please

Shelly320

Bluelighter
Hi fast back story I've been on suboxone almost 2 years and it was going great ( had an iv dilaudid habit) last 2 years I've been great I have a doctor and had tapered in prep for stomach surgery, anyways in ended up being done in an emergency situation and it messed me all up i had the surgery 8 days ago March 8th they sent me home with.percocet 5 and that was a joke for real, I was honest but honestly I don't think my surgeon even knew what suboxone is ANYWAYS I've been doing some dilaudid to keep up with the immense pain im.having post op but now I'm ready to go back on my subs ( I have plenty and a doctor) so I've been doing like 2 8 mg a day for 4 days in a row before that I took a bunch of the percocet but I haven't had any of that since yesterday am, my whole family knows everything because Ive been super honest with all of them this time around! So how long should I wait? My past experience I waited like 18 hours but idk if each time gets worse I did mess up once in the 2 years but it was only for 2 days and I had no issue but I'm so scared of pw

I now have 2 dilaudid 4 mg and plenty of suboxone to reinduct just wondering how long i need to wait??

If you've been on dilly and percs, you should wait until you feel substantial WD from nothing being in your system before any sub consumption to prevent PW. That is my experience. Everyone metabolizes opiates differently so you can't even always base it on drug half-life.

I would guess 36-48 hours if you've been steadily taking prescription opiates over the course of a week or more.