• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Rehabs That Will Take a Single Parent With Their Children

Moreaux

Bluelight Crew
One of the biggest obstacles that stand in the way of a single parent getting sober is that they don't want to leave their children to go to a treatment center. My intent with this thread is to provide info on facilities that will accept the addicted parent and their children. I am also going to post articles regarding the dynamics of being a parents and recovery. This thread will be a work in progress for a while, but keep checking back for updates. Any links that I have added to this thread are facilities that I have looked into to verify they are legitimate (which takes time and part of the reason this thread will be an ongoing project).

If you need information on places that will allow you to bring your children feel free to pm me your location and I can try to located options nearby for you.

If you know of any places please add to this list, and if you have any first hand experience please share. Thx!

-
ARTICLES

Single Parents Guide to Addiction and Recovery

Addicted Mom's Often Torn Between Treatment and Kids

-
Comprehensive Treatment Review Sites

1. This review site seems comprehensive and legitimate. I was able to check out the programs I have attended and they were all there and the reviews were accurate.

Ignore the ads and scroll to the bottom of the page where you can type your zip code in and see the different treatment facilities in your area. They include inpatient, out patient, psychiatric, and day programs amongst other things.

http://www.rehabs.com/reviews/our-review-process/

Last edited:
Though I don't have children, I've always wondered if in the future I have a child and fell into deep addiction as I have a history of dependence. Thanks for sharing these with BL.

Thanks Moreaux! There are so few choices for these types of programs in the US. I know in other countries like Oz and the UK they have interesting programs for entire families, though I don't know the names of any off the top of my head.

It would be awesome if someone else would chime in if they know about any reputable treatment centers for mothers and their children anywhere in the world. Please include a short description of the services they provide so people know what they are about and can properly vet them, as opposed to just posting a link to their site (which could otherwise be misconstrued as spam). Thanks in advance!

I would be worried about CPS getting involved and what kind of mandated reporting laws different states have.

Especially in the South!

Honestly you would be surprised. I know for a fact Alabamas child protection system is beyond broken. Also there are many Christian rehabs which use loopholes to not register as medical facilities so they don't undergo inspections of any kind. No inspections means no licensed counselors, no licensed counselors means no mandated reporting requirement. Like I said its a complicated issue that will vary by state and even county. Which really sucks for the individuals forced to navigate this shit.

Good idea for a thread. I just urge people to think this shit through and maybe even talk to a lawyer. Don't take some out of state rehabs word for it. Especially if there was a custody battle through the courts.

For mothers of young kids CPS is often already involved :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding update Moreaux! Keep up the great work, pretty please ;)

I am a addiction professional who has worked with low income women and children in treatment for many years in Washington State and North Carolina. Here are the resources for low income (have to qualify for Medicaid) women with children - they are called PPW programs -pregnant and parenting women if you are searching in your state.
Washington:

https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/defau...cuments/Pregnant Women SUD Resource Guide.pdf

Heres info for Oregon- this list has the parenting women resources as well single men and women resources in that state:
http://www.oregon.gov/oha/amh/docs/Detox-Provider-Directory.pdf

North Carolina

CASCADE at Durham/
Community Choices Inc. Perinatal 3325 Durham Chapel Hill Rd Durham NC 27707
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and postpartum women, with children up to age 11.
919-490-690
CASCADE/
Community Choices. Inc, Perinatal
5800 Executive Center Dr, Suite 101, Charlotte, NC 28212
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and postpartum women, with children up to age 4.
704-336-4844
Crystal Lake Maternal
PO Box 190, Lakeview, NC 28350
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and postpartum women or women with up to two children under the age of 11.
910-245-4339
PORT Human Services/
Kelly House
1390 South Sixteenth St.
Wilmington, NC, 28401
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant women, post partum women and infants under the age of 6 mo.
910-251-8944
SouthLight Healthcare Residential Program for Women & Children.
Perinatal
1952 Spring Dr. Garner, NC 27529
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and post partum (up to 3 months) women
(919) 557-6967 Ext.0
Mary Benson House
450 Montford Ave.
Asheville
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant women and up to 2 children ages 6 and under
828-252-5280
Our House
302 East Third St
Pembroke, NC 28372
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and post-partum women (up to 12 months).
910-521-1464
Sunrise Perinatal @ Horizons
PO Box 9438
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and post- partum women.
919-960-3775
Daybreak
Perinatal @ Horizons
PO Box 9438
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and post- partum women (up to 12 months).
919-960-3775
The Cambridge Place
Perinatal
827 N. Brightleaf Blvd, Smithfield, NC 27577
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant women and postpartum women up to 6 months.
919-989-8114
The Village Perinatal
108 W. FireTower Rd., Unit E, Winterville, NC 28590
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant women and postpartum women up to 2 years.
252-752-5555
Walter B Jones
2577W.5th St.
Greenville
Statewide impatient treatment for women pregnant with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnosis.
The length of stay for mothers with infants and women who are pregnant medical necessity of the patient
Inpatient OTP program in place to assist with treatment needs as appropriate
252-707-5044

I am a addiction professional who has worked with low income women and children in treatment for many years in Washington State and North Carolina. Here are the resources for low income (have to qualify for Medicaid) women with children - they are called PPW programs -pregnant and parenting women if you are searching in your state.
Washington:

https://www.dshs.wa.gov/sites/defau...cuments/Pregnant Women SUD Resource Guide.pdf

Heres info for Oregon- this list has the parenting women resources as well single men and women resources in that state:
http://www.oregon.gov/oha/amh/docs/Detox-Provider-Directory.pdf

North Carolina

CASCADE at Durham/
Community Choices Inc. Perinatal 3325 Durham Chapel Hill Rd Durham NC 27707
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and postpartum women, with children up to age 11.
919-490-690
CASCADE/
Community Choices. Inc, Perinatal
5800 Executive Center Dr, Suite 101, Charlotte, NC 28212
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and postpartum women, with children up to age 4.
704-336-4844
Crystal Lake Maternal
PO Box 190, Lakeview, NC 28350
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and postpartum women or women with up to two children under the age of 11.
910-245-4339
PORT Human Services/
Kelly House
1390 South Sixteenth St.
Wilmington, NC, 28401
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant women, post partum women and infants under the age of 6 mo.
910-251-8944
SouthLight Healthcare Residential Program for Women & Children.
Perinatal
1952 Spring Dr. Garner, NC 27529
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and post partum (up to 3 months) women
(919) 557-6967 Ext.0
Mary Benson House
450 Montford Ave.
Asheville
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant women and up to 2 children ages 6 and under
828-252-5280
Our House
302 East Third St
Pembroke, NC 28372
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and post-partum women (up to 12 months).
910-521-1464
Sunrise Perinatal @ Horizons
PO Box 9438
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and post- partum women.
919-960-3775
Daybreak
Perinatal @ Horizons
PO Box 9438
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant and post- partum women (up to 12 months).
919-960-3775
The Cambridge Place
Perinatal
827 N. Brightleaf Blvd, Smithfield, NC 27577
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant women and postpartum women up to 6 months.
919-989-8114
The Village Perinatal
108 W. FireTower Rd., Unit E, Winterville, NC 28590
Statewide comprehensive residential substance abuse services for pregnant women and postpartum women up to 2 years.
252-752-5555
Walter B Jones
2577W.5th St.
Greenville
Statewide impatient treatment for women pregnant with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnosis.
The length of stay for mothers with infants and women who are pregnant medical necessity of the patient
Inpatient OTP program in place to assist with treatment needs as appropriate
252-707-5044

Would you consider hanging around the sober living forum and posting? Someone with an inside view of the industry would be invaluable