• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Rehab

budsnbars712

Bluelighter
I have been smoking pot for 13 years and am at the age of 27. I feel like I have no hold or control over my life and haven't since I have began. I recognize this as a major issue. My surroundings are filled with it as all my close, real friends even smoke weed.

Anyway I am also tapering from klonopin. I tried to check out an outpatient place but they told me I would need to be off the benzo to attend. I am weaning and just cant go cold turkey.

So my question is...If I checked into a rehab, what would they do for my benzodiazapine dependency? I am looking to get off of both as this is why I am tapering. I feel life pass me by as my ex gf for 7 years recently got engaged, and I am in the same position 5 years later. Besides feeling suicidal, I don't know what else to do.

Would I be accepted into a treatment? Would they not accept me because I am on benzos? Would they replace the benzos with something? Will I be suffering for months? Weed has led me to get anxiety and waste time, which then led me to thinking I passed life by and needing an anti anxiety. Now I do not get any value from benzos in my dosage and I am not looking to up it. This then led me to using roxi's as I wanted any kind of feeling or euphoria. Weed is the source and needs to be dealt with.

I wouldn't go until I was done with the benzo taper. For me it wouldn't be worth the risk of the rehab tapering me too fast and causing horrible withdrawals and a possible seizure. You've been on drugs a long time it's going to take a little time to get off. Have patience.

I wouldn't go until I was done with the benzo taper. For me it wouldn't be worth the risk of the rehab tapering me too fast and causing horrible withdrawals and a possible seizure. You've been on drugs a long time it's going to take a AWHILE time to get off. Have patience.

this isnt a weekly thing as you know.

Be patient, go slowly with the taper, and go to meetings

Are you prescribed the benzos or are you obtaining them illicitly? A doctor can taper you as an outpatient. "Rapid detox" is often too rapid, esp. when it comes to benzos. One can precipitate seizures with a too-rapid withdrawal which can be life-threatening.

Welcome to BL Toscacat!
I think quickly detox doesn't work that well. One needs to lower the dosages and seek for medical support when quitting.
Of course it depends on how long and how much you have been using.

@budsnbars, there are different types of rehabs and you can ask them all these questions. Try to spot on what triggers your addiction. Is the weed leading you to benzos or are you only using it to calm down. If you are doing it for too long, I suggest you look for medical support.

Everyone is different, and we all have different reactions.

I detoxed from a four year valium (25mg) and ambien (20mg) habit. It was done with a quick Librium taper, which had me feeling great in detox and even for a few days afterword. After the librium wore off, I dealt with about 2 months of crippling withdrawals. Couldn't get out of bed, sleep, had horrible anxiety, couldn't read or write, etc. It SLOWLY got better after two months.

If you detox, expect to be out of service from life for at least a few months, and when you return, expect a slow transition back into life. I couldn't work until four months later and couldn't drive until 5 months later.

In regards to outpatient; I went there after detox and they were USELESS. In fact, they made me a lot worse. They prescribed me gabapentin which has ruined my life.

Only you can change your life.

I am prescribed 90 1 mg klonopin pills a month but only take about 35 as I weaned to 1.25 a day. Weed has led me to use benzos as It creates alot of life issues which induce the anxiety.

I do not feel like having to struggle for months. Even though this wean is a struggle as I never put so much pressure on myself towards other areas of life. Is this pressure from mild withdrawal from the wean?

I guess I will try and continue the wean and then take care of the pot... Pot is what gives me the anxiety though and everytime I stop, I have horrible nightmares which leads me to smoke again. I am deathly afraid of going thru this as I am already tapering from the benzos.

I am prescribed 90 1 mg klonopin pills a month but only take about 35 as I weaned to 1.25 a day. Weed has led me to use benzos as It creates alot of life issues which induce the anxiety.

I do not feel like having to struggle for months. Even though this wean is a struggle as I never put so much pressure on myself towards other areas of life. Is this pressure from mild withdrawal from the wean?

I guess I will try and continue the wean and then take care of the pot... Pot is what gives me the anxiety though and everytime I stop, I have horrible nightmares which leads me to smoke again. I am deathly afraid of going thru this as I am already tapering from the benzos.
Anxiety is going to be a normal part of tapering benzos unfortunately. Most rehab benzo tapers are too short because they are up against the clock of you leaving unless you are going to a long term facility. Also be aware when it comes to rehabs and meds they will tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get you there and signed in. Then they will do whatever they want as all your leverage is gone at that point. I highly recommend a slow taper from the benzos.

Far as the pot goes if it's making you feel like shit stop smoking it and get the doctor who is supervising your detox to write you a prescription to prevent nightmares. There are a few drugs that are great at this I just can't recall them off top of my head right now.

Anxiety is going to be a normal part of tapering benzos unfortunately. Most rehab benzo tapers are too short because they are up against the clock of you leaving unless you are going to a long term facility. Also be aware when it comes to rehabs and meds they will tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get you there and signed in. Then they will do whatever they want as all your leverage is gone at that point. I highly recommend a slow taper from the benzos.

I definitely agree with this. Every rehab is different, but most of them are pretty shitty places to be, and the relapse rate is like over 90%. Your best bet is to switch to an equivalent dose of Diazepam, and taper as slow as you feel necessary. I believe they make 10mg, 5mg, and 2mg pills. These 2mg pills can be cut into quarters, letting you taper a half miligram at a time - barely noticeable, unless you do it super quickly. Taper as slowly as you feel necessary, diazepam has an extremely long half life. Be prepared to deal with PAWS, for this I sincerely recommend having a good therapist, a good psychiatrist, being physically active at least every other day, eating well and sleeping well, drinking lots of water, meditation, etc. Those will be your friends here.

Best of luck, I know you can do this.

^ I always agree on having a good therapist following up when you you're about to be benzo free as it changes the way you normally behave around people and that can be quite worrisome. You need to relearn on how to deal with people socially in most cases.
And maybe a psychiatrist in case you need additional meds.