• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Regional Pills/MD(M)A Discussion V. I don't understand this chemical waffle

Curious if the MDMA in EU still is lacking the safrole/aniseed smell?

-GC
Ive never really ever been big on the smell thing but others around me have. The other day somebody said it stunk of aniseed but I couldnt tell. Crystral clear crystals though.

Do you mean you've only tried one batch of MDMA in the last two years?

I know Ive asked you before but where are you from?

IME, the so called cola/champagne stuff is usually a disappointment.

The best mdma, last being 5 years ago or so, was always clear white, almost powder-like, crushed crystals. People used to complain that it wasn't good as it wasn't "that strong" but it was the real deal. Clean, not heavy body load, euphoric, and very empathogenic. The more color it got (I encountered only brownish) the less likely it was that I would use it. Some people like that eye wiggling stuff that gives a very heavy body load and feeling like its about to burst through into real experience, but when that kind of mdma was all that was out there I cashed out. So, it should be pure and white as snow for my money.

Although colour cannot really indicate quality...
...and that's the reason why all substances obtained "not from doctor/pharmacy" need to be tested, as it is repeated over and over again (and for a good reason).

Ive never really ever been big on the smell thing but others around me have. The other day somebody said it stunk of aniseed but I couldnt tell. Crystral clear crystals though.

Do you mean you've only tried one batch of MDMA in the last two years?

I know Ive asked you before but where are you from?

Oh no I’ve done a lot more than one batch in the last two years :) I’ve only done brown stuff though once in the past 10yrs (or so..)

Besides this tannish powdery batch I got in like 2016 or so, it’s been all Crystal that at most has a slight golden hue to it but almost always is clear or white.

I remember 2012-13 I started to figure out that browner more impure looking batches had a much worse bodyload than pure crystal. Still was fun stuff but by 3-4 hours in my muscles would be cramping and having spasms. I called it quits after one show when I had to sit and watch all my friends have fun cuz every time I tried dancing I’d make it 2-3mins before the pain became too much.

Since using clean crystal I’ve not had that problem again...

I ask on the smell because I’ve noticed around here, especially in the last 5yrs, all the best batches I’ve tried have that smell. Not overpowering mind you, but even the super clear crystals when cracked open and put your nose right over it you can detect the safrole.

I’m not someone to believe it’s an indicator of good stuff always though, cuz I’ve done plenty of batches with no smell that impressed me too. I guess I’m just curious because the smell is so prevalent around here these days.

And I’m from the US, sorry to hangbaround in this thread but Americans are dumbasses when it comes to MDMA and the scene generally sucks here. Everyone does K or cocaine :(

-GC

And I’m from the US, sorry to hangbaround in this thread but Americans are dumbasses when it comes to MDMA and the scene generally sucks here. Everyone does K or cocaine :(

-GC

You're more than welcome here mate!

Yeh, the K and coke scene is really big over here as well, even though they're often cut to shit.

Anyone got any experience of taking mdma whilst on sertraline?

I’ve just started sertraline. It seems to be helping me, however I’ve just discovered I’m not supposed to take mdma, which has fucked me right off! I love raving you see.

I guess I could pause the sertraline for a few days, then it wouldn’t be too harmful to do some mdma? I’m not depressed or anything, just had a little anxiety that could be managed with a Valium if I had a break from the sertraline

Anyone got any experience of taking mdma whilst on sertraline?
I've been on Sertraline but never combined it with MDMA. From what I read it is a bad idea though, the MDMA causes serotonin to be released while the Sertraline blocks re-uptake of serotonin, this can lead to a dangerously high level of serotonin in your body and a risk of serotonin syndrome. From reading other peoples experiences when they have taken MDMA on an SSRI such as Sertraline they have at least had a lessened effect.

Pausing the Sertraline for a few days probably won't work as it takes a while to get it fully out of your system. I'm on Fluoxetine right now (a similar SSRI) but starting to taper off, I'm going to give it at least a month after I stop taking it before I try MDMA (some would recommend 3 months), it sucks but it's for the best.

Sertraline most definitely negates MDMA unfortunately :( And if you take it too long could kill your rolling days for good. I’ve seen you posting in here for quite a long time man, I’d personally stop them if it’s anxiety based.

I’ve even had people I know try with crap results, not worth it.

-GC

I take duloxetine for anxiety and depression. During the lockdown last year I took MDMA a few times and had a blast. Didn't notice any difference really, I just didn't take the duloxetine on the day I was doing the MDMA.

When I stopped sertaline the brain zaps were horrendous for about a fortnight, even with a month tapering down. If you've been taking it a while i think it takes a while for your brain chemistry to readjust even if the drug has left your system.

I took it for several years, tried mdma several months after stopping and still did the trick. One weird thing is I now get mild brain zaps on the comedown, never did before I took sertaline.

Man, I’m in a right old pickle now. I need to get a handle on this anxiety as I start a new job in 8 weeks and need to succeed in order to support my family etc, but on the other hand, I fucking love raving and have at least 3 events booked in post lockdown. Raving is a stress reliever in itself and I genuinely need it in my life!

Maybe I just need to see this as a 6 month ish thing, taper off the sertraline, then restart my raving then. You never know, I might enjoy a few events eau natrele

Man, I’m in a right old pickle now. I need to get a handle on this anxiety as I start a new job in 8 weeks and need to succeed in order to support my family etc, but on the other hand, I fucking love raving and have at least 3 events booked in post lockdown. Raving is a stress reliever in itself and I genuinely need it in my life!

Maybe I just need to see this as a 6 month ish thing, taper off the sertraline, then restart my raving then. You never know, I might enjoy a few events eau natrele
I feel you on this, I was struggling with depression over the winter which is why my doctor recommended the anti-depressants. I've been eager to get off them for months though because I want to be able to take psychedelics. In the end I decided to stick with the Fluoxetine for a while and I do genuinely feel better and I'm glad I did.

It's worth remembering though that if you feel better after a few months on the Sertraline it's not necessarily the time to stop taking them, they might be the reason you are feeling better (I made this mistake before).

Have you looked into councelling or therapy? Of course I don't know the details of your anxiety but talking through it and having a professional that can give you some practical techniques might really help, it definitely did with me. Doctors seem far too eager to prescribe SSRIs when I think they are best as something to help you work out the root problem, otherwise it just feels like something to help with the symptoms. If you broke your arm you wouldn't just take painkillers, you would get the arm put in a cast so it can heal, then you wouldn't need the painkillers.

Thanks mate, not tried therapy yet, but am in the middle of arranging it, hopefully it’ll work and I can get off the sertraline (and back on the mdma) sooner rather than later.

Literally everything I have read across the internet says the same thing - don’t risk doing mdma when on Sertraline. So it looks like my COVID induced break will have to go on a few months longer yet, even when the clubs and festivals are back 🙁

I think the most important thing is to get your mental health sorted out. I neglected mine for decades.
I've tried 2 different types of therapy over the past couple of years and they've both helped. The whole time I've been on antidepressants too, and it's all been a great help to me. I started a new job 3 months ago after not working for a year and it's going fine I actually enjoy it.
I know the advice is to not mix MDMA with ssri's but there are other options, and everyone needs to relax and have fun.
For example me and my wife have been using Ethylone once a month, even though it will stop me sleeping on the night, because my mental health is sorted and I get regular sleep now, a missed night's sleep doesn't bother me and the comedown is bearable the next day.
I wonder too if the half life of the SSRI has an effect, some have a long half life others can be short. Who knows.

Yeah, I agree with you. I’m gonna take the sertraline as advised, and get some therapy too, then maybe, once the anxiety is gone, think about mdma again. I love house music, so I am hoping that I can enjoy some nights out drug free. I’m going to Defected in Croatia (COVID permitting) in August. Last time I went I took pills the whole time and the comedown was horrendous. This time I will stay off the pills, so at least the aftermath won’t be as bad!

I also start my new job in 8 weeks and it’s super important that it goes well, that’s more important than any rave action anyway. I need to pay the bills and support the family, nothing more important than that!

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback I’ve had on here.

So I've disappeared down a wormhole reading old mdma threads. Was wondering if q-dance are still pressing? Latest reference I can find is a cbf brazil pill although it was only a brief search. Enjoyed the defqons and sykpes from few years back and this set me wondering.

Ps, how on earth has this thread been going since 2016 without a refresh?

So I've disappeared down a wormhole reading old mdma threads. Was wondering if q-dance are still pressing? Latest reference I can find is a cbf brazil pill although it was only a brief search. Enjoyed the defqons and sykpes from few years back and this set me wondering.

I tried the Brazil's, the high was clean but not very loved up for me. They gave me a horrible comedown of just one pill.
Had some skypes last year which were amazing, loved up and full of energy. Took 5 of them one night and was on a high for a few days after. I wouldn't advise anyone take that many pills of course, I had a high tolerance at the time.

I would guess its likely the Skype press has been copied after this much time, although I guess the bi-colour pills will always be trickier to copy.

Nice to know decent stuff still around although the chances of me hitting a dance floor anytime soon are minimal at best. Ah well, I can dream......

I would guess its likely the Skype press has been copied after this much time, although I guess the bi-colour pills will always be trickier to copy.

Nice to know decent stuff still around although the chances of me hitting a dance floor anytime soon are minimal at best. Ah well, I can dream......
Same here, I'm hoping to get out as soon as I can. Got tickets for a festival in September so hoping by then things wil be back to normal.
Has anyone tried the blue Albert Heijn pills that are about?

They got busted last year - based in Amsterdam. A part of the crew was arrested a few years back in 2015 but it appears they kept going strong until Mr. Big was eventually arrested. There are news reports on it (pretty sure it's from a Dutch TV channel) No idea where the link is now to the video (sorry!) They weren't/aren't the only crews pressing 2-colour pills though and they're still popping up (2 colour Barcelona pills were the last one I spotted - tried the purple ones (thumbs up!) , not these newer ones. The thing is, the pill production network in Holland is so interconnected that it's probably just a matter of time before a new Q Dance crew appears in some shape or form.

Still, amazing presses during a golden age of very pure and, more importantly, dirt cheap MDMA production in Europe.

Okay, found it:

Just right click on the mouse and "translate to English"

"How to be a successful criminal - Lesson 1: Don't flash your money around or draw attention to yourself"

he shows the outside world that he has made it: he drives a Porsche worth more than a ton. In tapped conversations, he talks about the purchase of his new house, and the down payment for a new kitchen of 45,000 euros.

I say no more.

Last edited: