• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Redosing Xanax Recreational purpose

TAVOR

Bluelighter
I take benzos recreationally like 2-3 times maximum per month. I wanted to know if it was ok to redose with xanax and benzodiazepines in general. I'm talking about recreational purpose and not for anxiety issues, I know that doctors can recommend it taking it up to 3 times a day but that is not intended for getting 'high'.

Xanax has a half-life of 12 hours, if I take 2mg as a starting dosage and I'm feeling good and take after 2 hours another 0.5mg or 1mg pill will I still be at risk of blackout or will the Xanax effect be already mostly faded therefore prolonging a bit more the high?
How does the half life come into play compared to the actual high?

Thanks for any advice

Last edited:
Yes there is a risk of blackout because 1 hour in between isn't that much. The golden rule is trial and error. Just try the 0.5mg and if u think its not enough try more some other time.

You can also increase the duration of xanax by drinking 2 glasses of white grapefruit juice 3 hours beforehand.

yea man, start low if u have no tolerance to benzo. no need to bump up the consumption if you could get the same effects with less. at least in the beginning. usually when i redose on benzo i don't feel like i'm more high or something.well under benzo i never feel high. i use them to so they can make other drugs a little more pleasurable . In my experince, benzo will never make me high, just potentate some weed or codeine .