• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

red hairs and weed quality...

lyXw33d

Bluelighter
Why do red hairs usually imply dank shit? (in that they get you very high)....i know they have no thc or cbn content and are only pistils....so why do they always cover dank nugs? (btw i just woke up....so my sentences might be fucked up....i'll fix that later)

Oh and yeah i did a search for this...

i think they just indicate that the weed has been grown well in a hydroponic environment...i am also clueless as to their value

it just indicates maturity of the buds. and the reason there not on schwagg and middies as much is because through poor treatment they probably fell off.

It doesn't, really.

I've been tought that the hairs should be an amber color when you harvest, for max potency, but obviously it varies a little bit depending on the strain.

There are many herbs with no red hairs that are quite dank, and many herbs full of red hairs that will barely get you off.

I have had weed that was COVERED in red hairs. I mean, it was almost fuckin red bud... And it sucked big time. Must have been some of the worst weed I've ever had...

Don't judge a book by it's cover kids....

~Vico

the red hairs have nothing to do with how good it is. its the Trichomes that matter. (frosty bud)

Tasty Weed

As far as I can tell, certain strains of bud that have very prominent red hairs are very good (i.e. the red weed that i get on a regular basis. it's my favorite fuckin kind.) but yeah, pretty much it just depends on the strain. Red hairs in particular don't mean anything, but they could be indicative of a particular strain which may or may not be quite kick ass. :)

Red hairs doesn't mean good or bad weed. Red hairs is just something that high school kids throw out there to make other high school kids think they know what they are talking about(dont know if that sentence makes much sense, im really baked on some purple kush).

Dr. McBudstoke said:
i think they just indicate that the weed has been grown well in a hydroponic environment...i am also clueless as to their value

it has nothing to do with hydroponics.. i'm sure youve gotten buds that you thought were hydro that were grown in soil

a lot of hairs doesnt really mean anything, besides perhaps the plant was really healthy. Many potent strains have a lot of hairs in their genetics which also probably helps the myth along. ive smoked bud that had very few hairs and it still got me ripped though

I reckon red hair makes chicks look attractive *shrug* buds/chicks, whatever.

Maybe its a psychological thing. If I look at a bud with red hairs all over and think it's chron and then smoke it, maybe i just feel like like i should be real high... that was a horrible theory.

bluedolphin said:
I've been tought that the hairs should be an amber color when you harvest, for max potency, but obviously it varies a little bit depending on the strain.

no thats the trichomes (crystals) :)

Ahoy Hoy,
Red hairs indicate that a plant has not been pollinated. Therefore, the plant has more potential for psychoactivity. No seeds= larger, more potent buds, as the plants energy is directed to THC/flower production and not seed production.
HOWEVER- Red hairs don't always mean that a particular bud is potent. It seems that years ago, dutch seed companies picked their breeding stock by appearance,ie plants that had large amount of hairs. This has let to a widespread dilution of the gene pool, as nearly every strain now has some dutch genetics. This poor decision has set back breeding programs.

The proof is always in the puff!

It seems that years ago, dutch seed companies picked their breeding stock by appearance,ie plants that had large amount of hairs.
Plenty of "hairs" (pistils) = plenty of femine flowers = large "buds". That's the way my own home grown cannabis plants look like at the moment. :D

I recently picked up from a grow op and the bud has lots of red and hardly any crystals, but it is a very good batch

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• when-to-harvest[1].jpg
    when-to-harvest[1].jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,937