• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Rectal administration Oxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

percozakk

Bluelighter
I have one experience with rectal administration and that was with hydrocodone with little results. In most experiences ive read people have used an oral syringe and plugged that way.
Well i know somone who just puts pills directly in there butt and they claim it works.
would it work if i were to just put a full roxy in my anus?
I ask this because i do not have an oral syringe.

I've heard plenty of people who just put the pill in their butt whole also and they seem to like the results.

But, I think the general consensus is that your body absorbs it much better and it may even have a higher bioavailability when you mix with water and inject.

If you dont want to go out and get a syringe, I think you'll be fine just plugging it up there, just make sure you take a dookie first.

I don't think the bioavailabilty of oxy is enough improved rectally to be worth the trouble.

Quoted from digby on opiophile:
"The high oral bioavailability of oxycodone (60 - 87%) is due to reduced first pass hepatic clearance related to the 3-methoxy group of oxycodone and not due to increased absorption. Conversion ratios of oral to parenteral (injection) is 2:1.

Sublingual oxycodone absorption is only 15% (as against 22.5% for morphine and 25% for hydromorphone).
Intranasal oxycodone is 46 +or- 34% bioavailability with max plasma concentration occuring in 25 minutes.
Rectal oxycodone bioavailability is 61% (which is similar to oral at 60-87%). There is greater individual variability with rectal (+or-30% range 16.4-126.8%) and peak plasma for rectal is a rather lengthy 2.8 hours."

So it's about the same as the lower end of oral bio availability. Interesting that the oral bio availability can vary so much. Maybe it is higher when you add the cimetidine and tums and etc potentiators. I use everything possible to potentiate my opiates :)

Your rectum lacks the proper acids to break down the pill. It's the last stop before exiting so there's very little digestion going on there.

IME, it's best to make it into a solution and go from there. If you dont have an oral syringe I've used one of those baby ear dropper things (you know the blue one that looks like a mini turkey baster).

By a fleet enema at the store. Literally every store sells them.

Always seems much more effective to me than an oral syringe, which I never had.

Acidity in the digestive system decreases the absorption of opioids--hence, using Tums or baking soda to potentiate opioids

I don't think you need tums when plugging an oxy, its not absorbed in your stomach whatsoever when plugged, it bypasses it completely and goes straight into your rectum, where it is absorbed and therefore, works better without having to worry about the contents of your stomach.. I mean, if your taking it oral, I can see taking antacids to make it work better.. I do it with Adderall, everyday! It doesn't work right on an empty, acidic stomach... much better if your stomach as a basic-neutral pH, and isn't completely empty.. bananas, water, and tums... bread.. things like that, are good to eat when taking pills orally, that can be fucked up by having stomach acid which I know is true with Adderall, never noticed with oxy... I never really took oxy oral, when I did take it, but when I did, I never noticed it worked differently when I took/didn't take antacids, I totally believe it.. I just rarely took it oral, mostly sniffed, smoked, plugged, and IVed it.. but oral oxy, even though it has a great BA that way, never left me feeling that "satisfaction" feeling I longed for with that drug, when I used it.. haven't touched it in over a year, year and a half though now.. don't plan on it either..

All I know is, plugging oxy, the correct way, with a small oral/needleless syringe of some sort, mixed with water, works fucking awesome! Truly, one of the best ROAs you can take oxy... IME.

And I just realized, this thread is like 6 years old... didn't notice that. kaligrrrl666, I highly doubt the OP is still wondering if he should/shouldn't plug oxy by now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.